The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.webp

100%. There's the inconsistent writing, clumsy exposition and weird choices we even saw in The Mandalorian, which are far more pronounced throughout BOBF. I just think these are very expensive cartoons for kids -- don't get me wrong, overall I very much enjoyed The Mandalorian -- but its failings were always pretty obvious. Sometimes it just felt like Xena: Warrior Princess level TV.

It's just odd that a corporation with that much money seems to keep cheaping out on Star Wars. I think it's because they know Star Wars fans would watch a cat litter box if it was branded as such.
A4F8FB91-E302-4731-8174-B374BF2C393A.jpeg

Ridiculous that you would say that! Yes, I had this picture handy and yes I also have a Mandalorian cat bed. Before all the single ladies ask…yes I am married (as implausible as that all sounds) 😂

Next episode is Filoni's right? Curious to see how this one turns out.
Not sure I can subject myself to RR's finale though.
Hopefully the series will end on a high note but even so, damage done for me personally. Kinda hope they don't do a 2nd season. They should focus on The Mandalorian, which is obviously their passion, and Ahsoka who Filoni adores, so you'd think the effort will be put in there too.

Next episode is Filoni's right? Curious to see how this one turns out.
Not sure I can subject myself to RR's finale though.
Hopefully the series will end on a high note but even so, damage done for me personally. Kinda hope they don't do a 2nd season. They should focus on The Mandalorian, which is obviously their passion, and Ahsoka who Filoni adores, so you'd think the effort will be put in there too.
Just the one series is enough. Have him pop up in future Mando series and tell him just to do some cool stuff.

Do you guys realize that those credited for writing or directing shows aren’t always the people who actually did the work?
Not sure how it works above-the-line on union productions; I'm just a simple technician trying to make my way in the industry now -- but back when I worked in indie film I did plenty of wholly uncredited work, sometimes because it was within the director's de facto purview, at other times because in independent film you wear many hats and it can look both confusing and amateurish to be credited across 6 different departments or whatever.

I do know there are often situations where writers either don't get credited for the work they put in on a script, or receive the credit in spite of what the directors and producers have done to the script during production, good or bad.

One producer I knew had a saying: "Never have the writer on set" -- the idea being that writers should supply the source material and/or script, then go away so the shooting crew can do their job unimpeded ... by things like logic, integrity or talent ... okay I added that very last part. :LOL:

Star Wars is crap.
Quite often. 🤭

So after watching Mando, I mean BOBF ep5 last night, I was surprised with 2 things no one has mentioned. The little Rodian girl watching Mando in the N1 out the window was straight out of Superman The Movie when little Lois Lane was on the train watching teenage Clark running alongside and he smiled at her. That was cool.

And, since Mando no longer has his Amban phase-pulse blaster rifle, why does he still have the individual ammo shells all over him on his bandolier, holster straps, and boot?? Kinda pointless, no? Are they that clueless or are wardrobe people really too lazy to remove them? :dunno
Yep, I wondered about the point of him still carrying around those rifle cartridges too. Maybe he has trouble letting go, lol.

I also wondered why he gave up everything, including his Darksaber hilt. How would some random Star Tours droid have any clue as to what that was?
Refresh my memory - when did he lose the pulse rifle? Was it when the Razor Crest exploded on Tython? Perhaps they plan on his acquiring and/or fashioning another one at some point, although I imagine that would require his obtaining one from another Mandalorian.......or finding the manufacturing blueprints and giving a list of parts to Peli's Jawa friends with benefits lol...

I had some time to kill yesterday and re-watched the last few episodes of Mando Season 2, starting with the episode where Bo Katan gets introduced. Watching each of those episodes I honestly couldn't believe the difference between this and the Book of Boba Fett. Everything about Mando S2 was better by miles and miles, including the character of Boba Fett himself. He kicks butt and takes names, he gets his armor back, he puts his helmet on and largely leaves it on. It was really noticeable to me that he is helmeted when piloting Slave 1. If he leaves his helmet on for that, why all the helmet off stuff in BoBF? Honestly, it just magnifies all of the bad writing and cinematography to have TM walking around looking 60 years old and smiling with those big white teeth. I feel like TM was a good Jango because he was very stoic and serious the entire time. He was the same as Boba in Mando. Now in his own show he seems to be bringing too much of himself to the role. I get the feeling that TM is a great guy and someone it'd be cool to have a drink with and shoot the breeze. I don't want my Fett to be a great guy, even if he's having a transitional period like Jules in Pulp Fiction, I still want him to be a bad a$$ and not be so darned goofy. So, in a nutshell I think it's basically the helmet off that has ruined this show for me because it reminds me that I'm watching Temeura Morrison pretend to be Boba Fett instead of watching Boba Fett himself. I never thought once about Pascal being the actor behind Mando even when he finally took off the helment...he was Din Djarin, vulnerable without his helmet.

It popped up in one of the Facebook groups.

It's such a bizarre idea for a human to be dating a Jawa.

View attachment 559426

It's so perverse that, having read the ROTLA Story Conference Transcript, I wouldn't be surprised if the idea came from Lucas himself!

I guess I can see the attraction... from a certain point of view...

View attachment 559427
I wonder if those 2 are furry too? It's really off putting when the Mechanic talked about them being furry and did the thing with her lips to further imply the furriness.

I had some time to kill yesterday and re-watched the last few episodes of Mando Season 2, starting with the episode where Bo Katan gets introduced. Watching each of those episodes I honestly couldn't believe the difference between this and the Book of Boba Fett. Everything about Mando S2 was better by miles and miles, including the character of Boba Fett himself. He kicks butt and takes names, he gets his armor back, he puts his helmet on and largely leaves it on. It was really noticeable to me that he is helmeted when piloting Slave 1. If he leaves his helmet on for that, why all the helmet off stuff in BoBF? Honestly, it just magnifies all of the bad writing and cinematography to have TM walking around looking 60 years old and smiling with those big white teeth. I feel like TM was a good Jango because he was very stoic and serious the entire time. He was the same as Boba in Mando. Now in his own show he seems to be bringing too much of himself to the role. I get the feeling that TM is a great guy and someone it'd be cool to have a drink with and shoot the breeze. I don't want my Fett to be a great guy, even if he's having a transitional period like Jules in Pulp Fiction, I still want him to be a bad a$$ and not be so darned goofy. So, in a nutshell I think it's basically the helmet off that has ruined this show for me because it reminds me that I'm watching Temeura Morrison pretend to be Boba Fett instead of watching Boba Fett himself. I never thought once about Pascal being the actor behind Mando even when he finally took off the helment...he was Din Djarin, vulnerable without his helmet.
Even during Jules's transitional period he was still a brilliant character. His non-use of violence at the diner was still a good pay off for the character. It's night and day compared to what Boba is going through - or how his character has been written anyway. I guess it's just bad writing.

Even during Jules's transitional period he was still a brilliant character. His non-use of violence at the diner was still a good pay off for the character. It's night and day compared to what Boba is going through - or how his character has been written anyway. I guess it's just bad writing.
Oh yeah, the execution of Jules in the diner scene is brilliant... how he explains to "Ringo" that he'd normally be dead is great deadpan matter of fact...

View attachment 559434
Ridiculous that you would say that! Yes, I had this picture handy and yes I also have a Mandalorian cat bed. Before all the single ladies ask…yes I am married (as implausible as that all sounds) 😂
Awesome life size Ahch-To Yoda dennis! :rock

Do you have any Porgs or are you just sticking with the TLJ heavy hitters? :monkey3

Yep, the helmet (literally) covers a multitude of sins.

We had ROTJ on the other day and when Fett was on screen I asked my son if he imagines a clone of Jango Fett under the mask. He said "actually I never even think about what he really looks like. To me the helmet is just his face."

Secretly I was all thank God that AOTC and BOBF haven't tainted OT Fett for him, lol.

Back