The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. Jawas trade. U don't give them a grocery list. That was new.

I didn't have a problem with any of those scenes. IMO no different than Mando having for the first time in SW, a character having some sort of friendly interaction with the Tuskens. That was new.

Mechanic lady lives in Tatooine so at some point started a business/other relationship with the Jawas. Makes sense since she's been stuck in Tatooine all her life but she's in a business where she's gonna need a lot of supplies.

Another thing I liked about all of the N1 building is seeing Din D'jarin more or less reluctantly accept this new ship and finally enjoy it. Kudos to the director for giving things time to breathe.

Which to be fair I think Rodriguez was trying to do; but directing must be an art form. Can't put my head around that MAYBE in TBOBF maybe it's not just the script; it's pacing and getting the best performance out of your actors.
Then there's BS like why would this Night Wind assassin care if he were eaten vs. getting shot? 😒

IMO there's a lot in TBOBF that really could have been incredible. Failure to execute tho:pfft:

Like episode 5 with Mando, feels like every frame was beautifully shot and thought out; camera angles, details, lighting. There's some nice shots in TBOBF but a lot of it feels pedestrian.

View attachment 559323

View attachment 559324

View attachment 559325

View attachment 559326

This episode was GLORIOUS. Fight me.😁:blissy:lsvader
Oh no doubt this episode was freaking gorgeous! :yess:

Another awesome thing about Episode 5 was that like all the previous Mando episodes it was like a little mini-movie in and of itself which is huge for rewatchability.

BOBF just feels like constant set up, set up, set up, squeak squeak, Zzzzzz....

The whole show really is going to live and die based on the finale which means they're betting everything on *gulp* RR.

Nah. Jawas trade. U don't give them a grocery list. That was new.

I didn't have a problem with any of those scenes. IMO no different than Mando having for the first time in SW, a character having some sort of friendly interaction with the Tuskens. That was new.

Mechanic lady lives in Tatooine so at some point started a business/other relationship with the Jawas. Makes sense since she's been stuck in Tatooine all her life but she's in a business where she's gonna need a lot of supplies.

C'mon, as savvy as Mando is, this is a ship that by that time apparently few had even seen. I still gotta check HT directions sometimes.:D
Anyway, another thing I liked about all of the N1 assembly is seeing Din D'jarin more or less reluctantly accept this new ship and finally enjoy it. Kudos to the director for giving things time to breathe.👏👏👏

Which to be fair I think Rodriguez was trying to do; but directing must be an art form. Can't put my head around that MAYBE in TBOBF maybe it's not just the script; it's pacing and getting the best performance out of your actors.
Then there's BS like why would this Night Wind assassin care if he were eaten vs. getting shot? 😒

IMO there's a lot in TBOBF that really could have been incredible. Failure to execute tho:pfft:

Like episode 5 with Mando, feels like every frame was beautifully shot and thought out; camera angles, details, lighting. There's some nice shots in TBOBF but a lot of it feels pedestrian.

View attachment 559323

View attachment 559324

View attachment 559325

View attachment 559326

This episode was GLORIOUS. Fight me.😁:blissy:lsvader

I completely agree with you about the quality of this episode. In fairness, it DID have the advantage of not being on Tattoine for the first half of its run time, and it had the test flight of the N1 to boot. With the exception of BF shooting up those bikers with Slave I, the first 4 episodes were quite grounded/mundane by comparison. But then Favreau & Co. didn't HAVE to tell the story with nothing but Tusken flashbacks and Mos Espa scenes for 4 episodes straight, so I'm not about to make excuses for them.

Another awesome thing about Episode 5 was that like all the previous Mando episodes it was like a little mini-movie in and of itself which is huge for rewatchability.

The whole show really is going to live and die based on the finale which means they're betting everything on *gulp* RR.
Yeah honestly i’m tired of the set up phase in the main storyline especially since it’s been done with such little energy and turning him into a slow thinker.

Impossible to believe this was the same cunning warrior from ESB.

Here's hoping that Filoni's Episode 6 matches BDH's for quality and plot development. If we're lucky, maybe all RR will need to do is stage battles. The one he staged on Tython with his kids' help wasn't bad so maybe they'll come through for us again. :lol

I don't get it. Rodriguez directed Mando "The Tragedy". While I had real issues and still do with the idea of the Child announcing his presence to the universe (where any Dark Sider could pick up on it) thought Boba was pretty impressive.

BF_chaincode.jpg

Was so impressed I still have that figure set on order. Just the way BF talked and carried himself. WTF.:banghead:duh:computer

Here's hoping that Filoni's Episode 6 matches BDH's for quality and plot development. If we're lucky, maybe all RR will need to do is stage battles. The one he staged on Tython with his kids' help wasn't bad so maybe they'll come through for us again. :lol
Indeed. I keep telling myself that TFA and TROS allowed Han to recover from his buffoonery in ROTJ while Tython made up for Fett's ROTJ buffoonery so hopefully he can still recover from the buffoonery of his own show, lol. Hard to imagine but at least this latest episode showed that they can do a complete 180 if they really want to.

I completely agree with you about the quality of this episode. In fairness, it DID have the advantage of not being on Tattoine for the first half of its run time, and it had the test flight of the N1 to boot. With the exception of BF shooting up those bikers with Slave I, the first 4 episodes were quite grounded/mundane by comparison. But then Favreau & Co. didn't HAVE to tell the story with nothing but Tusken flashbacks and Mos Espa scenes for 4 episodes straight, so I'm not about to make excuses for them.
Even then - being a detail/image/environment fan - for me even being stuck on Tatooine, or with the Tuskens, should have felt more tactile and immersive. Like the first scenes of Mando walking through Nevarro and Sorgun. Nevarro in particular it's gritty, churned up soil, junky parts, dirt, and characters like the guy asleep or passed out in the alley.

There's a lot more IMO that could have been done with Tatooine. It's not that we don't see Fennec and Boba wandering around, but it doesn't have the pacing, camera angles etc. that made me feel immersed. They might as well have been at a mall. Like the shot with Tuskens was good, with all the sand blowing (even with the single file - not - thing). But needless to say, not making more use of the Sarlacc innards was a complete waste. I should have been cringing like we do with a Xenomorph slimy jaws dripping. Instead it was more like Boba pushed through some annoying wet leaves. :pfft:

Last edited:

The best we can hope for now is a solid finale that's somewhat rewatchable. On that note I expect nothing but a crap fest from RR. :lol

Favreau thought that Obi-Wan meant that they walked in a single file horizontal line, lol.
U know he knows better. But I get it, it looked cool and ominous. Should've stayed that way re the Tuskens. I don't mind Boba earning his place with them, but it's too soft.

Even in the Mandalorian they're shown as not being that thrilled with humans; volatile.

So OK this tribe decided "their secrecy is their survival". Not fighting unless they have to. So they, these people of the desert, decide to camp out in the open. So they can be wiped out by bikers or some passing freighter that decides to ditch their garbage, since they didn't post a watch or have any defenses around the camp. Not even a piece of string strung with some cans or something, when they had large slow moving animals that could be eaten by cartoony looking cockroach creatures. Even better, they wear a lot of cool black outfits which, against the sand, makes them really good targets.
:pfft: :computer

So basically these Tuskens were like a reality show where you drop some citified metrosexuals into a survival situation with some snacks and a box of matches, and see who bites the dust first.:Flush

The best we can hope for now is a solid finale that's somewhat rewatchable. On that note I expect nothing but a crap fest from RR. :lol
Yeah, but I'm gonna count on: Mando buzzing in on his nifty new N1, just like Han, Luke, and Poe, and gawd help me, our best fighter evah Rey:monkey3, coz this show hasn't shown enough imagination to do otherwise. Like, bring back Cara Dune.:welcome1:

But I'll be happy to see Mando. Danny Trejo. Fennec. And maybe the Obi-Wan trailer.😁

Yeah, but I'm gonna count on: Mando buzzing in on his nifty new N1, just like Han, Luke, and Poe, and gawd help me, our best fighter evah Rey:monkey3, coz this show hasn't shown enough imagination to do otherwise. Like, bring back Cara Dune.:welcome1:

But I'll be happy to see Mando. Danny Trejo. Fennec. And maybe the Obi-Wan trailer.😁
Oooooo, forgot that there was potential there for a Kenobi trailer! 👀 Could be the best part, apart from the Mando stuff.

Back