The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing with my palate cleanse, I watched a few Mandalorian clips, like his Season 1 fight in the canyon with bounty hunters, and the scrap in the fight venue at the beginning of Season 2.

I can't wrap my head around what happened. How we went from that to this. It's genuinely perplexing.

Continuing with my palate cleanse, I watched a few Mandalorian clips, like his Season 1 fight in the canyon with bounty hunters, and the scrap in the fight venue at the beginning of Season 2.

I can't wrap my head around what happened. How we went from that to this. It's genuinely perplexing.

I wonder if we will get an end of season behind the scenes look with all the key people behind making the show? Will they all be doing the usual back slapping offering congratulations on a job well done? Is Lucasfilm out of touch enough to make such a thing or will they skip it this time?

Like I said, SW has been feminized. The women are better, more capable, and the men, well, they're a bunch of defeated, incapable idiots. It all started with Rey. Even Mando got beat up by a lady, and didn't Boba also get beat up by some women? All that weight on him and for what? Even in the last episode of Boba Fett, who stopped the Wookiee? Fennec. Who ended the chase? Princess Vespa. WTF has Boba Fett done? He stands around or sleeps most of the episodes. He literally sleeps through the episodes.😆 Can't wait for the Obi Wan show.

I remember JAWS actually enjoying Josstice League because even though it was "bad" it reminded him of a Saturday Morning Cartoon. That's exactly what BOBF is for me. I could easily picture this show opening with a corny 80's theme song. Sure it's all super lame compared to theatrical ESB or even his recent appearances in Mando Season 2 but as a super campy live-action "Saturday Morning Cartoon" I'm finding it to be *extremely* entertaining. :)
Makes perfect sense. The plots are cartoon level; the narrative is constructed at cartoon level; the logic is cartoon level... so that's how it should be watched. Laugh at it and have a good time with it.

I recorded the lizard-snorting scene onto my phone because it makes me laugh hard... every... freaking... time. It can't be taken seriously. And to be honest, that scene wasn't even half as funny as what followed when Boba walks across miles of scorching desert, with bald head exposed and no water, just to bring a tree branch back to an elder Tusken for reasons he couldn't possibly understand the whole time he was doing it. That's gold! :lol

And there's little things like Fett leaving the Tusken tribe on foot one night when he saw the biker gang head to Tosche Station. He arrived in quick enough time (again: ON FOOT!) to catch them still there. He knocked them out and headed straight to their speeders. But... by the time he got back to the Tuskens *riding a speeder,* it was full daylight. :lol You just can't take this stuff seriously. It's a cartoon, and that's the only way to watch and enjoy it.

Makes perfect sense. The plots are cartoon level; the narrative is constructed at cartoon level; the logic is cartoon level... so that's how it should be watched. Laugh at it and have a good time with it.

I recorded the lizard-snorting scene onto my phone because it makes me laugh hard... every... freaking... time. It can't be taken seriously. And to be honest, that scene wasn't even half as funny as what followed when Boba walks across miles of scorching desert, with bald head exposed and no water, just to bring a tree branch back to an elder Tusken for reasons he couldn't possibly understand the whole time he was doing it. That's gold! :lol

And there's little things like Fett leaving the Tusken tribe on foot one night when he saw the biker gang head to Tosche Station. He arrived in quick enough time (again: ON FOOT!) to catch them still there. He knocked them out and headed straight to their speeders. But... by the time he got back to the Tuskens *riding a speeder,* it was full daylight. :lol You just can't take this stuff seriously. It's a cartoon, and that's the only way to watch and enjoy it.
Don’t forget that after he said his big goodbye to the tribe and went off on the bantha all he did was speak to the pyke leader and immediately returned to the tribe.

As in literally:

GOODBYE TRIBE THANKS FOR THE BIG CEREMONIOUS SEND OFF!!!!!

2 minute Pyke meeting.

HELLO TRIBE I’M BACK!!!!!

WTF just happened here lol

Don’t forget that after he said his big goodbye to the tribe and went off on the bantha all he did was speak to the pyke leader and immediately returned to the tribe.

As in literally:

GOODBYE TRIBE THANKS FOR THE BIG CEREMONIOUS SEND OFF!!!!!

2 minute Pyke meeting.

HELLO TRIBE I’M BACK!!!!!

WTF just happened here lol
But did you see the pace of that Bantha? I'm pretty sure the round trip took 8 days. :lol

I'm not gonna lie, watching the episode again I found his departure from the camp and the accompanying music to be actually kind of poignant and cool.

:chase

And the Vespa kids? Surprisingly loyal, competent and badass. :lol

They never stopped pressing the attack against the Wookiee. Not when he bested Boba Fett nor when he singlehandedly took out the two buff guards. They advanced as a group, pulled back as a group, then advanced as a group again keeping the Wookiee off balance with a myriad of attack forms, lol.

Same with the mayor's aid. When Fennec gave the order to give chase they instantly obeyed, despite having civilian scooters that were so slow they didn't even have to lean during turns (lol,) and still got the job done.

Sure it's all super lame compared to theatrical ESB or even his recent appearances in Mando Season 2 but as a super campy live-action "Saturday Morning Cartoon" I'm finding it to be *extremely* entertaining. :)

I *have* always wanted a spinoff series from the Holiday Special cartoon - but starring the Rebels rather than Fett.

I was willing to accept Morrison as a continuation of the Boba Fett from the OT because of the 5 year gap between Jedi and Mandalorian. How he got out of the Sarlaac, what happened to him during that time and losing his armor I was picturing a tortured 5 years which made his appearance acceptable. The scars on his head and imagination of his journey the past 5 years somehow made Morrison Boba Fett to me. The mystery of his past (even his journey between AOTC and Empire I could justify in my head because of the years between them) has always been a draw to his character. Even the way his one stab at humor “I think they would recognize my face” felt right for the man of few words.
The Book of Boba Fett has Morrison walking around like a dullard, not knowing the customs of Tatooine, how the job of a crime boss would work, or asking 8D8 the power structure of the crime syndicates until well after he has failed several times in his new role. He’s an idiot. He would be Fredo Corleone taking over the family business. This is not Boba Fett. This is Fredo Fett.
That definitely all makes perfect sense. And I too even held out a sliver of hope that based on his awesome appearance on Tython that somehow Fett's continued adventures would help me to reconcile AOTC Fett with OT Fett. In my perfect version of post-OT SW Fett's reappearance would have been saved for the ST, where his buffed up physique would be more believable 30 years later as opposed to five. Then I'd picture a similar scene to his rampage on Tython but it's instead at Luke's Jedi school where he's tearing through a dozen or more intermediate level Jedi instead of Stormies on his way to even the score against Luke. Or maybe he's gunning for Han and blasting his way through New Republic troops, either scenario would have been awesome for me.

Personally I think that not redeeming Fett in the ST was even a bigger missed opportunity than not having Han, Luke, and Leia do a scene together. But...it is what it is and thankfully I at least have still been able to appreciate what we got. I definitely get why you don't feel the same though.

I'm not gonna lie, watching the episode again I found his departure from the camp and the accompanying music to be actually kind of poignant and cool.

They never stopped pressing the attack against the Wookiee. Not when he bested Boba Fett nor when he singlehandedly took out the two buff guards. They advanced as a group, pulled back as a group, then advanced as a group again keeping the Wookiee off balance with a myriad of attack forms, lol.

Same with the mayor's aid. When Fennec gave the order to give chase they instantly obeyed, despite having civilian scooters that were so slow they didn't even have to lean during turns (lol,) and still got the job done.
His scene at the camp was the only good part of the entire episode.

Meanwhile, the crime lord was busy picking his nose.

I like that Fennec gave the order. She's easily the most competent character in the show. I like her. She literally does or says the right thing most of the time.

Like I said, SW has been feminized. The women are better, more capable, and the men, well, they're a bunch of defeated, incapable idiots. It all started with Rey. Even Mando got beat up by a lady, and didn't Boba also get beat up by some women? All that weight on him and for what? Even in the last episode of Boba Fett, who stopped the Wookiee? Fennec. Who ended the chase? Princess Vespa. WTF has Boba Fett done? He stands around or sleeps most of the episodes. He literally sleeps through the episodes.😆 Can't wait for the Obi Wan show.
61g112.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 00-13-53 ‘The Mandalorian’ Rosario Dawson Tells All About Ahsoka Tano.png

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the crime lord was busy picking his nose.

I like that Fennec gave the order. She's easily the most competent character in the show. I like her. She literally does or says the right thing most of the time.
While she’s laying in bed naked he’s downstairs petting the Rancor :slap

Back