The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TFA had some truly impressive 3D moments, for TLJ, I could barely tell it was in 3D.

I felt the same way about Blade Runner 2049, guess studios just aren't trying nymore.

Cross posting, but IT seems appropriate:

For those planning on picking up the Blu-Ray when it's released in January, be advised a Director's Cut is forthcoming...

Earlier this year, IT director Andy Muschietti noted that an extended Director’s Cut of this year’s hit horror film, running approximately 15-minutes longer than the theatrical version, was headed to home video. Alas, when next month’s DVD/Blu-ray/4K Ultra HD release was announced, it was sadly without any sign of the Director’s Cut.

Mind you, the home video release will be packed with eleven Deleted/Extended scenes, including an alternate gag opening, but what about that promised extended cut?

We reached out to Muschietti on Instagram earlier today, asking him if that planned Director’s Cut was still on the menu. “Yes, but in a few months,” he replied.

From what we gather, the Director’s Cut of IT will have all of those deleted/extended scenes put back into it, and we can’t help but wonder if that already infamous “Pennywise eats a baby” scene, absent from next month’s discs, will also be included in the extended version. We’re thinking that scene, and perhaps others, are being held back for the Director’s Cut release in the coming months, as added double dip incentives.

For now, IT can be digitally purchased TODAY, December 19.

IT then arrives on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack/Blu-ray Combo Pack/DVD on January 9, 2018. Best Buy will be getting an exclusive Steelbook, while Target is getting their own version that includes a lenticular cover and “Welcome to Derry” postcards.

Special Features include:
Pennywise Lives! – Discover how Bill Skarsgård prepared to portray the primordial creature known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown

The Losers’ Club – Get up close and personal with the teenage stars of “IT” as they bond together during the production,

Author of Fear – Stephen King reveals the roots of his best-selling novel, the nature of childhood fear and how he created his most famous monster, Pennywise

Deleted Scenes – Eleven deleted or extended scenes from the film

I doubt the director's cut will have a steelbook, so if you collect those then I'd get it now. I'll pass for now.

Back