The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Holy crap the MCU movies 4K steelbooks are at $15.00!!!!

BF the non steelbooks were $23!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't been on in a while, but was just dropping by to pass that along. See you guys already knew.

Also Disney steelbooks. Lowest is Cars at $10.

Given the glut of Disney/Marvel steelbooks they had, I knew they would get discounted for Christmas at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Haven't been on in a while, but was just dropping by to pass that along. See you guys already knew.

Also Disney steelbooks. Lowest is Cars at $10.

Given the glut of Disney/Marvel steelbooks they had, I knew they would get discounted for Christmas at some point.

Welcome back stranger.

For anyone that paid full price for those sb that must really sting.

Welcome back stranger.

For anyone that paid full price for those sb that must really sting.

Thanks Jye!

Luckily I only bought 2 of them previously. Bought another 3 today.

If you bought them within the holiday period, Best Buy will price match and credit you the difference. I got $66.34 back with another $8 possibly pending; when I bought the Iron Man SteelBooks, I was charged for IM 2 and 3, and IM was the free SteelBook. Since IM3 is not available for shipping, they wouldn’t price match that one. They told me to try in store.

Likewise, I ordered Toy Story 4, Lion King 2019, and Aladdin 2019 for the B2G1 deal. But they gave me TS4 as my free item...and charged me for Lion King and Aladdin. I got $12 back for Lion King but Aladdin actually increased in price to $31! Oh well.

No prob, Slynger. Always happy to help out a fellow collector.

Hey, remember that great deal where most Disney and Marvel 4K steelbooks were $15?

That's nothing. Not only are they $15 still, but for today only they are buy 2 get 1 free.

Have fun!

At Best Buy.

Last edited:

Well, I bought 6 movies. Only 30 minutes left for the deal.

Hope some of you were able to take advantage of it.

Wow!

Buy 2 get 1 free at Best Buy is now on every movie, even preorders.

I'd be more excited, If this didn't worry me that BB is probably doing this to get rid of all their physical media. Hope not.

27 discs to account for 4K and then blu ray for each movie and each movie has special features disc. I wonder if Disney can release the unaltered trilogy or maybe they are waiting for 50th anniversary. :horror

About a week ago Abrams told an interviewer that he asked point blank if the unaltered theatrical editions could be released and that "for reasons that I don't quite understand they said no." And you know if it's Abrams asking someone that means KK or Iger. And if either of them said that it isn't possible then that can only mean that George made it a stipulation of the sale that under no circumstances could any version of the films be released other than what he considers to be the final cuts.

Thankfully there is Harmy (which Abrams himself admitted that he has seen and owns in the same interview) which will only get better now that Harmy can do Version 3.0 or whatever he's up sourced directly from the upcoming 4K set.

The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

TLJ region free 3D is $19 on Amazon right now rarely ever goes that low

:chase

Actually it looks likes the Marvel 3D region free movies are all $19 and under on Amazon right now!

Like AntMan 3D is $14!

Homecoming 3D $15!

Last edited:
So ridiculous that fandangonow and privelage4k are streaming Imax ratio enhanced movies but only on Sony 4K tv with a promo agreement.

Just when I was resigned to 8K taking too long to go mainstream, along comes CES for another year. But are these screen sizes big enough for 8K?

LG Electronics will introduce its expanded 8K TV lineup next week at CES 2020 – eight TVs with new 77- and 65-inch class models joining LG’s existing 88- and 75-inch screen sizes.

LG’s 2020 lineup includes premium 88- and 77-inch class LG SIGNATURE OLED 8K TVs (models 88/77 OLED ZX) and advanced LG NanoCell TVs (models 75/65 Nano99, 75/65 Nano97, 75/65 Nano95), with every model exceeding the industry’s official new 8K Ultra HD definition set by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).

The new models offer the capability to play native 8K content thanks to support of a wide selection of 8K content sources from HDMI and USB digital inputs, including codecs such as HEVC, VP9 and AV1. LG’s 8K TVs will support 8K content streaming at a rapid 60FPS and are certified to deliver 8K 60P over HDMI.

LG’s latest 8K TVs also feature upgraded performance thanks to the new α (Alpha) 9 Gen 3 AI Processor. By leveraging deep learning technology, the 2020 lineup delivers optimized picture and sound quality for all types of content through AI-based 8K upscaling. Based on an intelligent deep learning network, AI 8K Upscaling delivers vivid and accurate 8K images by analyzing the content and applying Quad Step Noise Reduction and frequency-based Sharpness Enhancer to increase lower resolution content to near 8K perfection.

The α9 Gen 3 processor’s AI Picture Pro is capable of recognizing faces and text on screen, fine-tuning and sharpening each to produce more natural skin tones, well-defined facial features and clearer, more readable characters. In addition, its Auto Genre Selection recognizes the type of content being watched and automatically applies the ideal picture settings, guaranteeing the best image quality among four genres: movie, sports, standard and animation.

LG’s AI Sound Pro analyzes and classifies the audio of content among five categories – music, movies, sports, drama or news – for clearer voices and richer, more textured background sound. Spoken words are isolated and their volume increased, making it distinctively easier for viewers to understand while background noises are identified and the scene up-mixed to virtual 5.1 surround for a heightened level of viewer immersion.

On top of the exceptional viewing experience, LG 8K TVs offer a new level of convenience made possible by AI technology. Users can monitor and control compatible IoT devices directly from the TV’s Home Dashboard, while Hands-Free Voice Control allows viewers to easily control multiple connected devices with just their voice, even from across the room. Available in 144 countries, ThinQ voice recognition is built into every LG 8KTV. And with LG’s smart TV platform, webOS, the new TVs support Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit as well as both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, with Amazon Alexa Premium Far-Field Voice compatibility in the future.

Source: LG Electronics USA

Back