The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually pains me to say I won't buy the new 4K Star Wars set.

The changes must be undone, but i fear George made it a stipulation of his sale to Disney that the unaltered OT would never see the light of day.

Why does he hate the people who made him so successful?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

There are no words to describe Samsung MicroLED wall at CES.

Samsung said they?re already selling them to special clients.

292 inch 10k I believe requires 32 individual microLED panels at $23,000 per panel making it $736,000

150 inch 8k is cheaper at $288,000 lol.

That?s nuts. That?s an OLED killer right there.

The images on display are insane.

Don?t confuse MicroLED with MiniLED which TCL is using that is still traditional LCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The changes must be undone, but i fear George made it a stipulation of his sale to Disney that the unaltered OT would never see the light of day.

Me neither as long as that "no, no, no..." part exists.

I think the case is that the 4K versions they did had been started by Lucas and they're just going with those, so it's the case that it would cost a lot extra to do an unaltered 4K version.

I'll be buying the full set (mostly for the PT and ST, as for the OT SE's eh why not, lol.) But I'll really be excited to see what Harmy does with the 4K editions for his next OT restoration.

Sounds like a great reason not to shoot digitally. Compromising the integrity of...

...oh wait... it was Attack of the Clones.

Never mind.

It's not the case anymore, there's digital cinema cameras that shoot like 9K

However, most movies shoot at less than 4K even if the camera they're using is capable of more

Pretty cool Best Buy 4K exclusive steel:

best-buy-tros-steelbook-full-artwork.jpg

Looks like Kylo gets both the cover *and* the 4K disc image.

I'm sad I missed TROS in 3D IMAX. My local theater was only showing it once a day in 3D, and the rest in standard IMAX - every time while I was at work. :(

I should've got myself up to go on a weekend, but what's done is done.

Back