The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Best Buy has several 4K, Blu and steelbooks on their deal of the day section, really good prices!

I don't even like The Matrix, but when I saw the 4K Matrix Trilogy set for $30, I thought about it for a minute.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah that?s an insane price but I only like the first movie so nope.

With black friday around the corner i?m waiting and my list is the longest ever.

The savings will be quite substantial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that?s an insane price but I only like the first movie so nope.

With black friday around the corner i?m waiting and my list is the longest ever.

The savings will be quite substantial.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a matrix fan either, not even the first.

All the movies they had on deal of the day yesterday seemed alarming, kind of concerned they might be trying to shrink their DVD section again.

Yeah for nostalgia reasons it?s also a gp of mine as well.

I got my copy in the mail today.. Overpriced as hell but I don't care :lol

The Prophecy: A Monster Movie (Giant mutant bear) also got announced and I am pleased as punch to get this guilty pleasure in my collection as well.

Got The German Blu Ray of The Hitcher a few weeks ago so I got to cross that most wanted off my list also..

Now of Paramount would just release Dragonslayer.

I got my copy in the mail today.. Overpriced as hell but I don't care :lol

The Prophecy: A Monster Movie (Giant mutant bear) also got announced and I am pleased as punch to get this guilty pleasure in my collection as well.

Got The German Blu Ray of The Hitcher a few weeks ago so I got to cross that most wanted off my list also..

Now of Paramount would just release Dragonslayer.

I need the hitcher and dragonslayer as well. I am happy to have the Black Hole on blu and overall its a decent presentation. Probably the best they will ever put out. Still so many classic I would love to get on blu.

I wasn't too impressed with the wave of Pixar SteelBooks that Disney released next week...in fact, I didn't preorder up any of them.

But this next wave of Best Buy exclusive Disney SteelBooks being released 11/5/2019 will put a sizeable dent in my wallet...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aladdin is 9/10/2019.

MbpmPkH.jpg

Frozen is being released 10/1/2019

attachment.php

(Credit to various posters at www.blu-ray.com)

Last edited:

It?s funny because when it comes to music I really don?t care where I get it from the quality is not important for me so digital is good enough there?s just something about movies that I need to have what I love in physical form.

I sold my 300 LP collection and I don?t miss them like I would the movies.

Literally the only music CD I own is the Star Wars box set everything else music wise is in digital form.

The space I saved from not owning LP or CD freed up room for my movie collection which for me is very precious.

I finally watched Alita lol

Sorry rush and Khev but I just couldn?t get into it whatsoever.

Forget Rey Alita was just too perfect for me there was nothing she couldn?t do I mean even with just one arm she would still win.

Her movement was just too distracting.

I definitely enjoyed GITS better yikes not saying much lol

Okay well at least you finally watched it, lol.

Speaking of finally watching something I just saw Sleepaway Camp for the first time since hearing my friends talking about it way back in junior high. Holy crap even though I've known the twist ending for decades that was still a badass little slasher flick.

Yeah Sleepaway camp is wacky fun but also wacky bad lol

I just switched modes into horror movie watching and I?m super excited for it.

But Alita holy cow there was no attempt at all placed on giving her a movement she couldn?t do she had no weight.

There was zero gravity on her which just ruined it for me she literally became a bouncing rubber ball and not just her.

The world building was also just way too convoluted as well.

Some elements were cool like how she skated but overall just way too much motion capture punk cyborgs for my liking.

Yeah Sleepaway camp is wacky fun but also wacky bad lol

I just switched modes into horror movie watching and I?m super excited for it.

But Alita holy cow there was no attempt at all placed on giving her a movement she couldn?t do she had no weight.

There was zero gravity on her which just ruined it for me she literally became a bouncing rubber ball and not just her.

The world building was also just way too convoluted as well.

Some elements were cool like how she skated but overall just way too much motion capture punk cyborgs for my liking.

When you say you liked GITS better, are you talking about recent, Scarlett Johansson starring GITS?
6c9b3689be21cd39710bd3bf7503ae89.gif

Yup :lol

Scarjo butt and boobs in ghost suit > Anime chick?s big eyes

To be fair she did fill out the suit nicely. Alita is a great movie but we all like different things. I too have been watching old horror movies. I am on the nightmare on elm street series. I really like the original and 3 a lot.

When she was still kicking ass against a formidable opponent with just one arm and half a torso I was out lol

Pretty cool that Rico from Starship Troopers did voice work though.

Yup :lol

Scarjo butt and boobs in ghost suit > Anime chick?s big eyes

I kind of figured that that would be your main criteria in comparing the two films, lol. I enjoyed the undercity battle. Sure she pissed him off but it was still a fight that she lost. And it featured some of her best facial animation in the movie.

lol

There was some amazing animation but mixed in with that was some really jarring animation.

I certainly didn?t despise the movie it?s not JL levels of bad it?s just that I never felt like she was in any kind of danger.

At the Saturn awards Feige confirmed the IS box set coming out later THIS YEAR! Unknown aspect ratios! :panic

On the set will be for the first time ever seen 2008 IM stinger deleted scene of Fury mentioning not only Spiderman but also the X-Men years before the Sony deal and the purchase of Fox!

Part of the dialogue goes as such which then leads to the now infamous Avengers initiative:

?As if gamma accidents, radioactive bug bites, and assorted mutants weren?t enough,? Fury says before turning to face Tony Stark. ?I have to deal with a spoiled brat who doesn?t play well with others and wants to keep all his toys to himself.?

?What are we avenging??

?Whatever the hell we want,? Fury responds.

There?s dialogue missing there and i?m not certain of the order it is said but wow nonetheless.

Back