The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SB2 was just as bad.

SB1 is a freaking masterpiece as is Every Which Way But Loose.

I?m looking forward to Hammer 1961 Curse of the Werewolf on 4/21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

SB2 was just as bad.

SB1 is a freaking masterpiece as is Every Which Way But Loose.

I?m looking forward to Hammer 1961 Curse of the Werewolf on 4/21.

2 and 3 are bad, but agreed on 1.

OMG TARGET HAS A PROMOTION RIGHT NOW BUY ANY TWO 4K SW MOVIE GET THE THIRD FREE!!!

YES IT WORKS FOR THE OT AND PT!!

HURRY!!!!

I AM SOOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW! LOL

People still buy discs?

lol

But yes absolutely.

Studios want me and more importantly future generations to rent the movies we love they don?t want us to own the discs.

Want to rewatch a favorite movie of yours you will have to pay a monthly subscription service to watch it.

A SW/MCU/Indy/Pixar/Disney movie: Sorry you need to pay Disney for their streaming service.

A DC movie: Sorry you need to pay WB for their streaming service.

A Sony Spiderman movie: Sorry you need to pay Sony for their streaming service.

Aliens, Predator, Die Hard, Terminator, Bond ANY AND ALL MOVIES: Sorry you need to pay that studio for their streaming service.

They want consumers to pay every month for the privilege to watch THEIR movies! Not OUR movies mind you but THEIR movies!

Then we get into the issue of quality and uninterrupted access because when the internet is being throttled we start getting interruptions or forced low quality AND even when it isn?t the quality is still only 25Mbps-30Mbps for streaming vs a UHD disc transfer rate of 80Mbps-128Mbps.

So for me it was important that I own 500 of my favorite movies that I can still enjoy under the conditions of less disposable income in my future retirement where I might not want to pay EACH studio a monthly fee for access to their libraries.

So yes I still buy discs lol

Hell yes and honestly once I pick up a few more catalog Disney/Fox titles on disc I'm going to cancel D+ outright and just renew it for a month each year to catch up on Mando, lol.

Monthly service fee for subpar quality that can go down or be taken away at any given moment? No thanks.

Disney+ is fine, but I'm always going to want to own the best quality copy of the stuff I really like.

Speaking of which, I hope they release a 4K Blu-Ray of The Mandalorian S1 soon

Hell yes and honestly once I pick up a few more catalog Disney/Fox titles on disc I'm going to cancel D+ outright and just renew it for a month each year to catch up on Mando, lol.

Monthly service fee for subpar quality that can go down or be taken away at any given moment? No thanks.

Correct!

I don?t want my desires to revisit a movie that is no longer available on disc being controlled by a studio, Netflix or Amazon.

They can rotate movies on and off their platforms with no reasons given, all of them.

My biggest fear Khev are bluray players not being made. :gah:

My biggest fear Khev are bluray players not being made. :gah:

Yeah I fear that one day they'll turn into the CRT televisions that retrogamers now pay a premium for in order to preserve the "pure" old school gaming experience. Once it becomes official that physical media is going away you know I'm gonna rush out and buy like 3 additional 4K players like I did with extra copies of 4K77, lol.

Yeah I fear that one day they'll turn into the CRT televisions that retrogamers now pay a premium for in order to preserve the "pure" old school gaming experience. Once it becomes official that physical media is going away you know I'm gonna rush out and buy like 3 additional 4K players like I did with extra copies of 4K77, lol.

Thank god for video game consoles or else I could see studios asking (paying) the tv makers to STOP placing HDMI inputs on their tv!!!

Holy crap that scares me.

Now that you mention it aren't console makers like Sony and Microsoft eventually wanting to go the Google Stadia route too though? :panic:

8c9bdb09d3a565705c6e00ef5e9b5c8a.jpg

I'll have to buy 3 backup 4K players AND TV's. :gah:

bout time!

Luckily I still own my Terminator SE dvd AND Good Bad Ugly theatrical cut dvd both with original audio.

I?m lucky that I own 480p dvd lol

Thanks for letting us down 4K! :slap

Last edited:
Thank God that 4K players play DVD's considering that it's not one but two generations removed now, lol.

Didn't the new TGTBATU Blu-ray not only have the revised sound but also a really jarring yellow tint applied to the entire picture? :slap

Oh well having proper JAWS at home will be one less first world fiasco to worry about going forward, lol.

Thank God that 4K players play DVD's considering that it's not one but two generations removed now, lol.

Didn't the new TGTBATU Blu-ray not only have the revised sound but also a really jarring yellow tint applied to the entire picture? :slap

Oh well having proper JAWS at home will be one less first world fiasco to worry about going forward, lol.

Yeah we are lucky the format remains the same whew!

Yeah they added the jaundice color to the skin and environment just to make sure the movie was screwed up both visually and sonically lol

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

lol

But yes absolutely.

Studios want me and more importantly future generations to rent the movies we love they don?t want us to own the discs.

So yes I still buy discs lol

Just wait until they disable the rights to play that disc via a firmware update to your BR player.

Back