The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

:rock :lol :rock :lol :rock

hd-dvd-downfall.jpg

I have two HD players and will hopefully be able to take advantage of some great deals on HD DVD's in the near future.

Kinda figured it would happen immediately after...now all Paramount has to do is switch back over to Blu...

I'm hoping Sony and other companies that manufacture these Blu Ray players will make them more affordable for pending customers. I was lucky enough that I have a PS3 during the timeframe of the format war so I got to see both sides of the coin.

That being said, I'm looking forward to quite a few Universal movies on Blu Ray...Jaws & Back To The Future are tops on my list.

I think this warrants it's own thread, since the other thread is "HD vs. Blu-ray" and that is a moot point now.

That being said, I'm looking forward to quite a few Universal movies on Blu Ray...Jaws & Back To The Future are tops on my list.

Personally, I can't wait for King Kong and the Bournes. Paramount will make me happy with Stardust. At least now there's no question about Indy getting released on high def now.

I also want Miami Vice.:eek:

I hope the casualties and injuries were low. I hate wars... all that irrelevant violence. *shakes head*

Wait a minute, this is about some lame high def. DVD competition! There is no war here! Geez!

Yikes, I've only had my HD-DVD player for a couple of weeks and now it's going the way of the beta max? I knew there was a risk involved, but I didn't think the war would end this early in the year. I still haven't sent in my rebate for the movies discs yet, does anyone know if Toshiba will continue honoring them?

I assume that I should wait to purchase any more movies on HD-DVD until the inevitable price drops on all of the discs. Anybody have a guess as to how soon that will be?

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 HD DVD so I don't mind. :emperor Now the war is over, hopefully Starwars will be released soon on bluray.

Transformers on Blu!!! :rock

I can tell you that this is the movie my Dad is most anticipating on BR. I told him to hold off getting and HD player as he almost bought one just to have Transformers.

Back