The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a new pic of the Play.com exclusive
It still looks horrendous. A cardboard box with F' all inside
17751755a.jpg

What the hell are they including the soundtrack for? Most Tron fans who this is meant to aimed at, picked that up ages ago

I have got the USA version on Pre-order

that looks like a mess

Very nice! So, any word on the transfer of Clockwork Orange?

No, people are worried that it's the same transfer as the first BD and not the new one they're screening in Germany or wherever since they make no mention of it in the press release. But i don't know why they would restore it and not release it.
Also, there's apparently a bit more special features in the movie disc so it could affect the PQ if the movie has less space, like they did with the One Flew Over... re-release last year. But who knows? They just announced it today and there's still a few months to it's release. I'm sure we will get more info about it all later.

I am surprised to see Dr. Strangelove and Spartacus in the box-set since they're Sony and Universal. Just sucks Spartacus will still have a ____ty transfer :(

Thanks Iron.
I am surprised to see Dr. Strangelove and Spartacus in the box-set since they're Sony and Universal. Just sucks Spartacus will still have a ____ty transfer :(

I'm sure Criterion will get back the license for Spartacus and put out an awesome transfer. From what I hear, licenses are normally valid for about 3 years, which is why they lost it prior to putting out the blu-ray.

Thanks Iron.

I'm sure Criterion will get back the license for Spartacus and put out an awesome transfer. From what I hear, licenses are normally valid for about 3 years, which is why they lost it prior to putting out the blu-ray.

I hope so. If they can release Fear & Loathing... in a couple months even though Universal released it last year, then there is some hope :)

I wonder if Criterion will release Kubricks' first three movies? It doesnt look like WB or some other major studio will so maybe Criterion can get from whoever owns the rights?

Very nice! So, any word on the transfer of Clockwork Orange?

WB has confirmed that the disc will be the same as the old one. It's basically the Goodfellas release all over again.

And Barry Lyndon and Lolita will only be in the box-set for the time being.

Also...

Warner Home Video has announced a moratorium initiative starting March 28 for Casablanca and all four films in the Lethal Weapon series (of which only Lethal Weapon and Lethal Weapon 2 have been released on Blu-ray in the US). They will be re-released in 2012 in special anniversary editions, which will include "stunning remasterings, spectacular Blu-ray debuts, new special features, Ultimate Collectors Editions and more."

At the moment, there is no information as to whether these titles will be withdrawn in the US only or worldwide. It must be noted that the Lethal Weapon collection was released in late 2010 in the UK, France and Germany.

So they're pulling Casablanca so they can release it a third time on Blu-Ray because it's an Anniversary. I bet the only thing they're gonna remaster is the cover art. Everything else will stay the same :rolleyes:

Warner Home Video has announced Ultimate Editions for the fifth and sixth installments of the Harry Potter saga: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, with a street date of June 14. These two releases will include parts 5 and 6 of the extended documentary Creating the World of Harry Potter, titled respectively Evolution and Magical Effects.

No Extended Edition for either :mad:

20988_back.jpg

20990_back.jpg

Those movies are getting up there with SW as far as releases go. :lol

On a different topic, how are the blade BD imports? Are they set for a U.S. release anytime soon?

Those movies are getting up there with SW as far as releases go. :lol

On a different topic, how are the blade BD imports? Are they set for a U.S. release anytime soon?

:lol

I really hope Yates add's the extended footage for OOTP and maybe HBP and TDH for the complete collection when he has time.

No word on Blade BD's in the US as far as i know. Don't know how the imports are.

Warner Home Video has announced that on May 24 it will release on Blu-ray two movies depicting events from the Civil War directed by Ronald F. Maxwell: Gettysburg (Director's Cut) and Gods and Generals (Extended Director's Cut, with an hour of never-before-seen footage). Each will be packaged in a two-disc Digibook including a 48-page booklet with photographs, biographies, timeline, production notes, maps and more.

Special features include:

Gettysburg:
Audio commentary with Ronald Maxwell
Map Gallery
The Battle of Gettysburg (1955 documentary)
The Making of Gettysburg
Interview Gallery
On Location
Behind the Scenes of Nuremberg - The Story

Gods and Generals:
New commentary
New intro by Ted Turner and Ronald Maxwell
Music Video
Journey to the Past
The Authenticities of the Film
The Life of Thomas" Stonewall" Jackson
Visit Virginia

On July 5, they will come out in a two-movie Limited Collector's Edition gift box with extensive new extras and memorabilia. Included is a 32-page excerpt from TIME's forthcoming book, TIME The Civil War: An Illustrated History.

21104_front.jpg

21105_front.jpg

From Blu-ray.com:
The upcoming Diamond Blu-ray edition of Bambi includes an insert offering new information regarding upcoming titles from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. After The Lion King in fall 2011, the next Diamond title will be Lady and the Tramp in spring 2012. The studio will also release The Fox and the Hound and The Fox and the Hound II as a non-Diamond double-feature BD in September 2011.

From Blu-ray.com:
The upcoming Diamond Blu-ray edition of Bambi includes an insert offering new information regarding upcoming titles from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. After The Lion King in fall 2011, the next Diamond title will be Lady and the Tramp in spring 2012. The studio will also release The Fox and the Hound and The Fox and the Hound II as a non-Diamond double-feature BD in September 2011.

Where my mutha ____in' Aladdin at? Could be a "Diamond in the Rough Edition". Disney marketing: you're welcome.

Back