The Beatles Official Project Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the drum set and shoes in the mail, thought I'd post some thoughts for you guys who hadn't bit yet.

The shoes...are waaaaayyyy too big IMHO. Especially for HT Slims. They're a good bit bigger than any other shoes in my collection. I'll still see if they'll work, but I have my doubts.

The drums are excellently made BUT not packed very well. My box was crumpled when it arrived, and the drums were damaged. Nothing I can't fix really; I'll have to reprint the "Beatles" label for the front of the drum and recut it, and bend some of the metal back into shape, but for you other non-customizers I thought I would give a heads up. They don't even put the flimsy packaging inside a real box, just wrap it in paper all the way from Indonesia. Like that's a "BRIGHT" idea.

Shoes ALWAYS looks big on nude bodies... I would wait till he's clothes to make a full judgment.

True, plus Beatle Boots are big anyway, the pointed toes give them a distorted look even in real life. But I think Gruff mentioned they were a bit big as well. I'm getting a body in this week and will do a demo with pants.

Last edited:
Just checking, but I don't suppose anyone found a suitable bass for Paul yet? That's the only thing missing from my instruments display at the moment (which is actually a pretty nice display without the Beatles themselves, at the moment.)

If you go back a few pages there is a Guy offering a Full set of Instruments in 6th scale... Love to see pics of a completed set from him. I have already pinstriped My George and Paul Guitars. Not sure what to do with the Drumset cymbals. They came silver and should look brass. Also they did not come with 1/6 drum sticks. My standby plan is to carve some out of wooden matchsticks.

Meanwhile, as we all await George's Reveal from Spenser, I picked up Ringo's Body (Dragon short) and George (HT TT slim). I was thinkiig about a TTL 1.0 for Paul but not so sure about that now. I may just get a couple more Dragon Bodies for John and Paul, we'll see...

Speaking of George, here is a 1st Test Shot of George with his Gretsch. Keep in mind it's a Large Guitar, he's on a HT Slim Body and there's no head, outfit or shoes. The Guitar is from store-rooms. I pinstriped the edges, painted the top knob gold, strings silver. Still minor tweaks to do. I think the scale will be perfect...

aageo.jpg

nicegent2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Guys. I did a Boot test with the TT Slim under tight fitting pants and they are definitely big but looked passable as shoes are the last thing we look at. I think if the pant legs are wide enough it can hide the size a bit and work okay, we'll see...

PS I heard Spenser was out of town last week so hopefully he's back now and we'll see the George Sculpt very soon. :cool:

No George but there'll soon be instruments. I got an email about an instrument set in 1/6th scale from artstudio35.

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if you've made the 1/6th set and have set a price for
> them. Also, will you have a picture of them on your website?
>
> Mike

>Have not ready yet.. probably by end of this month.
>Yes they will be on my website

>www.artstudio35.com

And, if you want other 1/6th guitars for the Lads, I'd gotten this:

>> I have all KISS guitars
>> I have also Fender Strat, Tele, Rickenbacker, Les Paul, 335. Acoustic.
>> Just let me what are you looking for..
>> The price is $22- $24..
>>

So, if you're having problems getting the instruments, Thomas will be posting them and you can ask him directly.

Mike

Great news, Mike. Thanks. I think these will be even better than the ones I have. At least Paul and George's Guitar will be closer.

So, we'll have all bases covered. Instruments, Speakers and Microphones too. I'm already thinking about backdrops and Drumset staging.

George is done, but the final mold hasn’t been made yet. I’ll post some pictures of the rough one later.

Thanks Spenser. Could you please post pics of all four Sculpted heads? Would also love to see Ringo's unpainted Sculpt.

Except for the KISS guitars which are 1/6th, the ones on his site are (about 9-10 inches long) 1/4-1/5th scale which are too big. 1/6 scale guitars should be about 5.5 to 7.5 inches depending on the make and musician. Any electric guitar about 6-7 inches should look right for 1/6th scale. The drum set he's got should look right in 1/6th (Ringo's Ludwig bass drum measured in real life 22 inches across which is roughly 3.7 inches. Artstudio's are about 3.5 which is pretty close enough for me. And at the distance most people view 1/6th, I doubt most will be able to tell the difference.)

Just to clarify, the set artstudio was talking about was a lefty Hofner bass, a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman, a black Rickenbacker 325, and Ludwig drums which would be about right for the Cavern and the Sullivan show era Beatles (though a Black Gretsch DuoJet would be better for the Cavern). For A Hard Day's Night, you'd need to get a Rickenbacker 360-12 in Fireglow(?) and a sunburst acoustic (Martin D) and Spanish acoustic (Ibanez?). For the Shea Stadium era, you'd need to add a Gretsch Tennessean. If you wanted their studio or All you need is Love era, you'd need to get a lefty Rickenbacker bass, two light blue Strats, and a Red Les Paul. Resaurus made a sunburst acoustic and I've found some sites selling acoustic guitars between 4.5 to 7.5 inches which would be about 1/6th but not in the sunburst design.

Mike

Last edited:
Except for the KISS guitars which are 1/6th, the ones on his site are (about 9-10 inches long) 1/4-1/5th scale which are too big. 1/6 scale guitars should be about 5.5 to 7.5 inches depending on the make and musician. Any electric guitar about 6-7 inches should look right for 1/6th scale. The drum set he's got should look right in 1/6th (Ringo's Ludwig bass drum measured in real life 22 inches across which is roughly 3.7 inches. Artstudio's are about 3.5 which is pretty close enough for me. And at the distance most people view 1/6th, I doubt most will be able to tell the difference.)

Just to clarify, the set artstudio was talking about was a lefty Hofner bass, a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman, a black Rickenbacker 325, and Ludwig drums which would be about right for the Cavern and the Sullivan show era Beatles (though a Black Gretsch DuoJet would be better for the Cavern). For A Hard Day's Night, you'd need to get a Rickenbacker 360-12 in Fireglow(?) and a sunburst acoustic (Martin D) and Spanish acoustic (Ibanez?). For the Shea Stadium era, you'd need to add a Gretsch Tennessean. If you wanted their studio or All you need is Love era, you'd need to get a lefty Rickenbacker bass, two light blue Strats, and a Red Les Paul. Resaurus made a sunburst acoustic and I've found some sites selling acoustic guitars between 4.5 to 7.5 inches which would be about 1/6th but not in the sunburst design.

Mike

Cool 411 Mike, a TRUE Beatlefanatic

Back