The Beatles Official Project Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s the first suit, it needs a tad bit of adjustment still but that’ll be worked out by Monday. I’m still working on George, I hope to have him in the mold rubber by Sunday night.

beatlessuit01.jpg

Cool, Spenser. Thanks. Is your Mom gonna glue down or tack down the collars to avoid flying wedges?
That's a Dragon, but it fits better on a True Type Slim.

Yeah, I'm getting a TT slim for George, Reg TT for John, Short Dragon for Ringo and prolly a TTL 1.0 for Paul because he had more squared Shoulders. You can pick up a TTL for 20 shipped from store-rooms.

Here’s the first suit, it needs a tad bit of adjustment still but that’ll be worked out by Monday. I’m still working on George, I hope to have him in the mold rubber by Sunday night.

beatlessuit01.jpg

THE FAB FOUR LIST

Below is a list of all Members who expressed interest in a set (unless otherwise noted) in the order posted. My only disclaimer is that Spenser will take orders directly and determine when how who and in what order they are processed. :cool:

Heads 120 Unpainted Set. Suits 50 each 180 Set of 4

pjam
pixeltwin
fistfulmetal
Batty
2000man + Suit Set
Jediguy
The Mike - John
thecapn + Suit Set
ltm438
siquisiri - 64 & 69
sithlord1975
yodasan
odowankenobi + Suit Set
Gruff Old Bear
philbobaggins
immauser
memnoch
The Ween
stmod0568
Paulim17
KingGrayskull
Edwardnygma - Ringo & Paul
mando - John
SpaceCrawler
Star Puffs
thainer
villainsfan42
mikeap001
darthrazz ?
ironman1188
toyadventurer - Painted Set + Suit Set

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'm in for four suits as well. Damn. I'm going to need some time to get the money together for all this.

Nice suits but I'll try making my own. I found a site for Beatles wear:

https://www.beatlesuits.com/Beatlesuits_Sullivan.htm

If I can't make them then I'll use some of the Captain Action Green Hornet suits I've got in storage (Green long Chesterfield suits I picked them up on clearance from MJVAR.com a while back). Not as nice as Spenser's Mom's suits but I'll have enough money to buy Thomas's 1/6th Instruments for the Lads. Here's his site:

https://www.artstudio35.com/

The quarter scale stuff looks great but he's made some 1/6th guitars. A friend of mine emailed him and he wrote he's making some of the guitars I wanted but he'll be offering them as a set: Hofner bass, Rickenbacker guitar, Gretsch Country Gentleman and Ludwig (?) drums sometime next month. With luck, the Hofner'll be a lefty. Here's his Kiss 1/6th scale guitars:

https://www.artstudio35.com/kiss.htm

Those look good to me and if his drums set and guitars are as good then I'll need to save my pennies... I mean the Beatles aren't the Beatles without their signature instruments. Right? Anyway, I might even have enough left to buy a Red Les Paul like the one George called "Lucy" or the two light blue Strats John and George used for a few songs like "Nowhere Man".

Mike

Be aware that the Kiss guitars come in two sizes. The Mego size are slightly too big but passable. Most of his guitars are 9inch, which is way too big.

Also, when ordering, ask that two guitar strap nobs are included. Two of the Kiss guitars I bought only came with one, and when I asked to purchase a couple of these nobs he told me to go to a hardware store. :(

How long are the Mego guitars? 1/6th guitars should be between 5.5 inches to 7.5 inches depending on the make and model according to the fret length and individual musicians could have these customized a bit by adjusting the fret scale. In true 1/6th scale: John's 325 Rickenbacker should be about 5.50 inches, George's Gretsch is about 6.67, and Paul's Hofner is about 6.33 inches. These differences for sixth scale guitars and figures are too small for most people to notice so an electric guitar with a total length of about 6.0-7.0 inches in length from head piece to tail should be okay. If I remember right the Ace Frehley Resaurus Les Paul was about 6.0 inches...

BTW, for his other 1/6th scale guitars you'll have to contact himl. He supposedly has a various Strats, Les Pauls, and acoustics in that scale but not posted on his website except for the Megos. I'll ask my friend and see if I can post the email he sent...

If that doesn't pan out, I've found a few sites that sell assorted 6.75 inch guitars.

Mike

Last edited:
Just wanted to Welcome new Freaks member zappafan to the Beatles gang here.
:welcome

Very cool guy, loves this stuff. I met him via Ebay searching for speakers and posted his email update on pg 30. He's gonna look for 1/6 Vox Speakers for us, hopefully some microphones and other stuff. He hasn't posted here yet but I just wanted all to give him a warm welcome when he jumps in with updates to help the cause.

Mom’s worked on it all week trying a few different techniques to get the suit as sharp as possible. We also came up with a few tricks to reduce bulk without sacrificing any quality and also look more natural and not hinder the holding of the instruments.

Back