The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My set shipped too! :rock

Looks like almost all of the first group shipped today.

Mine were sent off to Les so it will be quite a while before I get mine back so would love to see some pics from you guys.

Thanks Spencer,

I got my sculpts today. Can't do pics but the sculpts look good. Better than the pics on board in fact.

My advice for now is that if you use a Dragon (DML) Body, leave a space of about 1/16 to 1/8th inch between the neck on the sculpt and the neck on the body and then fill that up with putty. That way, there won't be the "no neck" syndrome of a lot of figures dressed in civilian clothes and the figures will still look about right. For John, Paul, and George the height would be about 1/6th scale in their bare feet about 5'10"-5'11". Ringo will need a short body --- if still available--- or a bit of cutting and then using Plastruct of some other styrene glue even MEK to get to his height of 5'8" in boots.

Clothes... Hmmm that'll be the last thing for now. I'm waiting to see how the instruments turn out. The Minibarbie blue suit set for 1/6th Action Figures has a Dragon label on them but they pants and jacket are a bit baggy and the shirt collar is a bit small. With a bit of sewing, they can be modded quite easily for that tailored look. As is, they make the figure look too geeky. (But, it is just the look for a Fox Mulder... in his Season 1 Geek-dom days.)

Mike

Mike

Thanks again, Mike. That's pretty much what I've heard, so ADD 1/4" length to avoid the stumpy appearance.

I also bought Minibarbie black suits. I really want to some day get Spenser's Mom's suits but these will have to do until then. I plan to cut black velvet like cloth and glue over the collars. I like these suits as standbys because the lapels close high up on the chest. I also hope to water treat, refold and iron the lapels to look narrower.

These are the suits I got as standbys

https://cgi.ebay.com/FC213-1-6-Blac...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad7fbd342

Last edited:
wouldnt 4 of the same bodies work if you have Ringo sitting at a drum kit though?

I got mine today too!!!!!!!! GREAT work spenser.
I cant wait to get started on these!! Instruments are on the way (minus pauls hofer:mad:), shoes are on the way, i hoping spenser has the suits ready soon.. ..
just idea... if you can get suits, you can get away with Help! version of the Beatles with black pants. shoes, and turtle necks, and an acoustic guitar for john

I was thinking about using the MiniBarbie suits and using black felt instead of velvet then using starch to stiffen them and molding them into "fake collars." After drying these could be sewed or Fabri-Tacked to the existing lapels and collars on those Action figure suits. Basically, this would be a Dickie with only the collar portion. I got the idea from a book on making doll clothes...

To get a better fit on the blue Minibarbie suit, the jacket could be fitted more nicely by running a tapering stitch from the armpits to the waist and by running a similar stitch flaring out from the waist to the hem. Taking in an 1/8th inch on both sides of the suit at the waist and then running a tapering stitch from the armpits to the there and another running stitch from the waist flaring out to the hemline would do nicely. As for the pants, taking in the inseam of the trousers by about 1/8th inch would give those the drain pipe trouser look that went with the Chesterfield jacket of a Beatles suit.

Mike

Last edited:
Ok Mike, that's just a bit out of my skill range. :lol And I think many others, but the fabri-tac is a great suggestion. Les just told me about that stuff, didn't even know it existed but it's the best fabric adhesive out there.

So, what are you guys gonna do about guitar straps? Pretty essential IMO, I don't want mine falling all over the place. I think John's was black and paul and george had brown ones. I know seb could make these for us but I might resort to a basic dragon strap and paint them to match, then maybe add magnets or something, really dont want to glue them. Anyway, my next mini project.

Last edited:
Heres a great shot showin the strap colors on the sullivan show

beatles.jpg

Pjam, the sewing part isn't out of anyone's skill range... it's just real tedious. But, Tony Barton had an intro tutorial on basic sewing on One Sixth Scale. Besides, there was once a time when the only way to get 1/6th scale clothes for GI Joe was to modify an existing Ken outfit.

A simple way to do the guitar straps would be to get a 6 inch strap of leather or vinyl (like folded black electric tape) about 1/4"-3/8" and use a big darning needle to darn a 1/8" ribbon or elastic strap at the front the middle and the back.

If all the clothier stuff sounds like I sew a lot don't believe it... I've been going over some "How to"s on Doll clothes that I've stock- piled.

Mike

I think I'm just gonna use dragon straps w pads and paint them as a standby... the only guy I know who can do these leather straps right is Seb.

I just PMd Seb to see if he'll do a run.

Last edited:
Back