The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take is that he's seething with rage at being disenfranchised from birth; his lack of emotional development and mental illness increases his sense of isolation to create a murderous feedback loop. His 'exposure' of hypocrisy and lies isn't based on morality so much as resentment that they get things he does not.

Yeah, I guess that's what I was getting at. I remember his telling of Bruce looking down from his golden tower and being angry people felt sad for the rich kid. I think that's a great basis to make someone bad. Now, what does he do with his "badness" to enrich himself and make his life better? That is what is lacking in Riddler. He's just "lashing out" much like Columbine kids, and thousands of others since, but he should be smarter... he should be able to lash out while also bettering himself. That's my point about not having the villain have too noble of a cause -- his "plan" still needs to have a dark, selfish, self-serving side.

Riddler's endgame was just going to jail. That's not too smart.

@Wor-Gar I see where you're coming from, but he did just want to hurt people; that's plenty monstrous. And by allowing himself to get caught he's going to be known and remembered, at least in his mind.

I'm not sure if he'd be as frightening if he wanted to get rich. Maybe, maybe not.

Yeah, I guess that's what I was getting at. I remember his telling of Bruce looking down from his golden tower and being angry people felt sad for the rich kid. I think that's a great basis to make someone bad. Now, what does he do with his "badness" to enrich himself and make his life better? That is what is lacking in Riddler. He's just "lashing out" much like Columbine kids, and thousands of others since, but he should be smarter... he should be able to lash out while also bettering himself. That's my point about not having the villain have too noble of a cause -- his "plan" still needs to have a dark, selfish, self-serving side.

Hans Gruber
Riddler's endgame was just going to jail. That's not too smart.

Maybe he thought Batman would help him escape.

My take is that he's seething with rage at being disenfranchised from birth; his lack of emotional development and mental illness increases his sense of isolation to create a murderous feedback loop. His 'exposure' of hypocrisy and lies isn't based on morality so much as resentment that they get things he does not.
HOLY CRAP you just instantly wiped away ONE of the TWO main problems I had with this movie!

:thud:

My 2nd problem can only be wiped away if they go and film Wor-Gar’s 3rd act version lol

Word is WB will release an R cut.

I'm not sure if he'd be as frightening if he wanted to get rich. Maybe, maybe not.

This is very true. A man who can't be reasoned with as they say...
Hans Gruber

Yeah, through all his complications and misdirection, he was just a thief. I like that.

But it is better for Penguin I suppose than a zealot like Riddler.

Wor - the heavy breathing is from the Zodiac killer. I believe he never spoke, just brearhed heavy on the other end.

Amazing how this entire group essentially has the same review of a movie. Glad the positivity is back. Cancel The Flash movie lol.

Did anyone notice that they never called Catwoman Catwoman. Nor was she listed in the credits as anything other than Selena Kyle.
The closet we got to them name dropping Batman out loud was newspaper clippings and her line “The Bat and the Cat, has a nice ring to it”.

Opened less than SS1 that run time is killing it. :slap

AMC was even charging more for this.
250 Million isn’t bad for a Twilight Batman with a January 6th/Antifa (or whatever way you look at it) finale in todays day and age. :lol

Are people getting the HT figures? Reg or Deluxe... or Bat-signal Super-DX?

Batman, Selina, Penguin and Riddler would make a cool looking shelf.

I even think Nolan's Joker could fit in with that group quite nicely for display.

I swear there was another Batman Super fan I just can’t remember the name..

But intothevoid holy crap that’s the pakistani kid alright you just made DiFabio do this..

View attachment 565609
Did somebody say void?

😺🙀😂😂

miss you guys!

The Batman was killer.
Best batman movie since The Dark Knight for sure. And yeah, over the years Rises has fallen a little in my pecking order.

He’s the only one I remember cause he use to be a mod and he was obsessed with tdkr and thought it was so great. I remember I said it was crap and he kept telling me it made a lot of money, like that mattered.

I don’t remember defending it using the money argument 😂😂😂

But damn, it’s been a while eh

Back