The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear there was another Batman Super fan I just can’t remember the name..

But intothevoid holy crap that’s the pakistani kid alright you just made DiFabio do this..

View attachment 565609
He’s the only one I remember cause he use to be a mod and he was obsessed with tdkr and thought it was so great. I remember I said it was crap and he kept telling me it made a lot of money, like that mattered.

I really enjoyed it, was faithful to the gritty noir genre almost to a fault, Pattinson was fantastic as batman, but as Bruce I was less impressed

Thank god it wasn't another slow origin story, it was straight in to the action and 2nd year with no nonsense. The visuals and sound were great, unlike other similar films I didn't struggle to hear any dialogue

I kinda liked how Alfred seemed to kick off the detective side of Batman at first, I just don't think he's the definitive batman as he's hardly a genius like in the comics

I'm eager to see what else they can do in this universe, I wasn't sure where they were going towards the end but the way they portrayed bats at the end and his voice over was really good

I like that this Batman is more combat ninja than an armored tank.
I like that. I don’t need a huge hulking Batman who is super buff. I never seen Batman as a huge guy. He’s a stealthy ninja who can fight and is the shadows. That’s what we got. He can be easily overwhelmed or knocked out so he uses stealth .
Also his armor is only good for so long. As seen at the end it won’t help him always .

i don’t like the arkham game design or the Snyder designs making him some super huge beast. Can’t imagine someone that huge being stealthy you’ll hear him stomping in the darkness lol

One rule I find a for a good villain is that their crusade -- if appearing like an understandable and righteous cause -- should have an element of corruption behind it. It shouldn't be a wholly noble effort at its heart; that's for the hero. I mean, they're the villain. And just killing the "bad people" isn't anything the hero doesn't do, so that's not really enough. So I think the villain should always retain a certain selfish motive hidden behind a "noble cause".

I didn't follow Riddler's plan completely; was he doing all of this "revealing the lies" basically because he was jealous of the elite? If so, that helps. But in the end, I kind of wish everything was done as a ploy to throw people off the real Riddle crime -- Riddler's heist of some kind. A way to enrich himself.

Sometimes I fail to understand why the hell Gotham's villains stay in such a drab city and constantly try to destroy it to prove people are bad. Doesn't any Rogue just want money and to get the f out of there?

View attachment 565608

The more I think on Dano, the more I really love his take. I mean, Batman is supposed to battle "the monsters" of our time -- in the 30/40's it was gangsters... today, Dano makes a perfect "modern monster".
He reminds me of school shooters like the Columbine teenagers. He has that look of an everyday guy you wouldn't look at twice in the street like Ted Bundy, which makes him even scarier.

I’m warming up to Alfred in the sense that he trained Bruce how to fight so Alfred’s pun about his circus time was obviously not about the actual circus but the circus of special forces.

He couldn’t replace his father so Bruce was no longer ever going to be a socialite philanthropist doctor seeking office so instead he trained him to protect himself and then Bruce took on being vengeance.

I think that’s what they were trying with scarred up Alfred lol
Give me badass Alfred all day over the “I fwayed ya masta wayne” crybaby version.

B16B7415-25E3-4D89-B7E6-436E5F8AC0AF.jpeg

The Schumacher versions looked like LED sex toys.
:mwaha

Holy crap you don’t realize how tall RP is until you see him next to the other cast members Dano isn’t so short either I’m just happy that RP is the tallest of the entire cast.

39ECA079-6C81-4033-A1BC-67E56727FE34.jpeg

This I can forgive more easily because it seemed very much a comic book beat along with him leading the crowd with the flare.
Forget the sticky bomb gun the Hot Toys version comes with, give me a light up LED red flare! Such a cool image on film.

Gotham's most sensible "villain".

Too bad she's never just a villain anymore.
Speaking of Catwoman, did you like her undercover scene in the club? I thought the eye technology and Batman using her as an undercover agent was cool.

However, at times that whole sequence felt like I was watching cut scenes from a video game because of the first person POV, voice over, and Catwoman doing the worst undercover job I've ever seen. :lol

Catwoman - " Hey guys, how's your night? Any illegal activity I should know about? Don't mind me talking to myself, I do that all the time. ";)

They hid a lot from us in the trailers and people ate it up, even bashed it. Like the gunfire in pitch black, there was people bagging on that shot in the trailer so hard. Now look, it’s a lot of peoples favorite sequences in the movie.

Or for instance “emo Bruce Wayne” walking around the city. It was halloween and he blended right in. Just goes to show the internet is too quick to judge a movie by its trailer(s). In the final trailer we see Batman taking out the Riddlers goons at the end, but the image is covered in like a misty fog, I had no idea they were dressed up as the Riddler until I saw it in the film.

Speaking of Catwoman, did you like her undercover scene in the club? I thought the eye technology and Batman using her as an undercover agent was cool.

However, at times that whole sequence felt like I was watching cut scenes from a video game because of the first person POV, voice over, and Catwoman doing the worst undercover job I've ever seen. :lol

Catwoman - " Hey guys, how's your night? Aany illegal activity I should know about? "

:lol

Yeah, I liked them working together but that scene could have been better, more subtle. I guess they didn't want her to use her sex to gain information, like what would really happen.

I didn't follow Riddler's plan completely; was he doing all of this "revealing the lies" basically because he was jealous of the elite?
My take is that he's seething with rage at being disenfranchised from birth; his lack of emotional development and mental illness increases his sense of isolation to create a murderous feedback loop. His 'exposure' of hypocrisy and lies isn't based on morality so much as resentment that they get things he does not.

Back