The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend you both to check out the animated Harley Quinn show on HBO, it’s one of the funniest animated adult (and I mean very adult) shows out. They go into that in uh, quite detail. :lol

I suppose there's validity to something being 'too dark'. I myself enjoy a bit of lightness to balance the darkness. It's one of the reasons the MCU has fared so well. Stories work best with "hills and valleys".

I'll judge the film on its own... but if its grim and glum and dour for the entire 3 hours then I can understand wanting to get out of there after a while. Just like when something's too light and becomes silly and childish. I would hope the Catwoman character would add some sarcastic humor and a bit of "lightness" to the story... but that may be asking too much from Zoe.

What if it's 2 hours and 55 minutes of Pattinson without the cowl?

4acb4d39e95ec7d19b76863a9a18fe671979d30c.gifv

I've seen Pattinson mix a batch to a mermaid Precious Moments while Willem Dafoe blasts whiskey sharts into his long johns. I think I can handle WB Bat-dark.

I think this will be the best Batman movie next to Dark Knight. Whether its better than Dark Knight is subjective. If you love Joker, than TDK wins... but likely The Batman has a better world.

Just being able to stand next to TDK is a huge accomplishment for this movie though. Think of it?

I think this will be the best Batman movie next to Dark Knight. Whether its better than Dark Knight is subjective. If you love Joker, than TDK wins... but likely The Batman has a better world.

Just being able to stand next to TDK is a huge accomplishment for this movie though. Think of it?

Pretty much my take. You just have to look past all the elements that have been reused from the Dark Knight Trilogy (and Joker). It's like all of those rolled into a single movie.

[...] out of the 3 hour run time it is raining for over an hour. And you only ever see the sun when it is either setting or rising. There is no daylight in the entire movie.
d3550110bf122e70ec4a0997dc7d7349b2cca3a8.gifv

I guess I found a new film for my NightCore folder. Not the music genre, just movies that take place at night, like After Hours or Collateral. You get my point... I can't wait for all the Nightcall edits.

giphy.gif

rebecca-ferguson-doctor-sleep.gif

-

Kidding aside, I caught Jokah Baybee's scene. It's, uh... yeah. Not making any assumptions about the rest of the movie, but that was... that was bad. "Random 15 YO trying to do an edgy laugh" bad. No, I take that back; more like "high pitched and shy random 15 YO trying to do an edgy laugh, failing halfway through, and barely holding back his embarassment" bad. I still don't get what they were thinking with that casting...

Not for me. Mask of the Phantasm may be best big screen Batman I'll ever have at the rate they run away from my tastes and take on the character.

The Batman - 8.5/10

Spoiler Spoiler:

All these reviews are such a joke. How can one declare "one of the best comic book movies ever", to other reviews that say it is bloated and way too long and uninteresting. One UK reviewer said it is so dismal, that out of the 3 hour run time it is raining for over an hour. And you only ever see the sun when it is either setting or rising. There is no daylight in the entire movie. I think that's taking the whole "Dark" aspect a little extreme..:lol
How can it rains too much be a complaint?... :dunno :duh It's Gotham - it's a **** hole. Adds to the character. I'd be annoyed if it was sunny all day with bright blue skies.

Just got out of it and hoping to share my two cents. No spoilers.
The opening act is up there with some of the best Batman stuff out there but the other two dragged on and ultimately I felt as though it didn't warrant such a lengthy run-time. It also definitely needed some shaving as things felt unfocused at times. Won't go much into it plot-wise but people will know what I mean after what felt like the 7th climax of the movie.
Nowhere near the Nolan's for me. Catwoman and the Batmobile stole the show. Riddler underwhelming. Hoping others find it more enjoyable.

I just watched this. I liked it... I really liked it... I liked Batman. I liked Catwoman. I liked Penguin. I liked that Batman was actively figuring out a case rather than just muscling his way.

But...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back