The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cowl is absolute trash and that is the main thing that they should have worked on.

Will this movie have a batmoblie I hope they dont f#% it up too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stitched seams look due to this being a YEAR TWO kinda time period?

?YEAR TWO? batman didnt have stitched seams.....
Gotham by gaslight seems to be the inspiration for this look.
It?s a step backwards in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that sucks. Do not care for armor Batman, this really is a step backwards from the Affleck suit. Was really hoping for a mix of the Keaton/Kilmer suits and the Affleck one - would like to see Batman with the long ears again.

I don?t think Pattinson ever had the right look for Batman, he just doesn?t have the right facial structure. The Arkham Knight inspired suit wouldn?t have been my first choice but I don?t hate it. But the stitched leather cowl is just such a contrast to the tactical look of the suit that it really throws the entire look off. I could see if he had a more handmade suit overall at the start of the movie and transitioned to the tactical suit by the end but having the dual look together doesn?t work.

I don?t think Pattinson ever had the right look for Batman, he just doesn?t have the right facial structure. The Arkham Knight inspired suit wouldn?t have been my first choice but I don?t hate it. But the stitched leather cowl is just such a contrast to the tactical look of the suit that it really throws the entire look off. I could see if he had a more handmade suit overall at the start of the movie and transitioned to the tactical suit by the end but having the dual look together doesn?t work.

Couldn?t agree more.
It?s the juxtaposition of the old stitched cowl to the futuristic suit that really bugs me with it.
But what logical thing have Warner bros done with dc in the last 10 years!?

giphy.gif

The cowl is certainly an improvement over the JL one.

I liked BvS cowl but it was ruined in JL.

Wait who is Bosslogic lol

I loved the cowl in justice league. It looked stupid in the reshoots because they apparently didn't know how to put it on him properly.

image.jpeg

I'd for one would just love to see the yellow oval again. Last seen on film in Batman Forever, 1995. It's been a while.

I need to see more to decide if I like it or not. My initial reaction was negative, but only because I was expecting them to continue with a grey fabric style suit like the one introduced in BVS. After so many years of black rubber suits, I thought we were finally getting closer to the grey comic suit, so seeing this new robotic looking suit with a leather cowl was jarring, but that was my own fault for expecting something more classic.

One thing I like about the first Captain America film is that they managed to show an evolution of his suits and shields, including the original fabric comic suit, so it would be cool if this film starts out with a more classic suit, and then it ends with this Arkham style suit. Batman Begins also showed the evolution of his suit, but not to the extent of CA.

I'm curious to see what the Batmobile looks like. :lol

I'd for one would just love to see the yellow oval again. Last seen on film in Batman Forever, 1995. It's been a while.

Yes, the definitive logo, imo. I just want to see in my lifetime a live action Neil Adams style suit. :impatient:

I think they're going with an armored look because Pattinson didn't bulk up enough to pull off the BEAST Batman. And I don't blame him. You can't go from a normal guy to a BEAST in a two months. You need to roid, which is what most actors do for duch roles, and it does **** you up in the end. Yeah, Bale is a chameleon but even he didn't have the Hemsworth physique. So it seems liek they're going for a more agile and athletic Batman, who'd logically need some type of light armor, instead of the musclebound BEAST. I'd like to see Battinson bulk up a bit in the 2nd movie, but I don't mind this. Batman was always supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades, and I don't get the obsession with making him a 6'4" hulkling mass. He should be heavy but agile too.

As for the suit, we'll see. But I think Pattinson's face fits Wayne a lot. He's got that sort of jaw and "hollow cheecks", plus the pale skin, that give off the "tortured and melancholic" Byronic Hero look, which is what such characters need.

Robert_Pattinson_Premiere_of_The_Lost_City_of_Z_at_Zoo_Palast_Berlinale_2017_02.jpg

Batman doesn?t need to be a beast. The character has different incarnations of course, but the one I wanted to see was stealthy and agile with Olympian level gymnastics ability.

Someone like that is built but not huge.

Thing is, aesthetic considerations aside, nothing about angular armour and hockey pads says ?stealth? or ?agility? to me.

As we?ve mentioned a few times now, homeboy wears a cape so I don?t see the need for something ?realistic? like vigilante body armour.

Batman doesn?t need to be a beast. The character has different incarnations of course, but the one I wanted to see was stealthy and agile with Olympian level gymnastics ability. Someone like that is built but not huge.
That's what I'm saying too. But you can't go from twink to built in two months. They should've postponed the shooting or casted him earlier. I agree that Batman should be built, just not be Bane, which is what some people on the 'net seem to want with their fancasts.

Thing is, aesthetic considerations aside, nothing about angular armour and hockey pads says 'stealth' or 'agility' to me.
It's classic Comic Book "Light Armor". It's stealthy, it protects you and so on and so forth.

As we've mentioned a few times now, homeboy wears a cape so I don't see the need for something 'realistic' like vigilante body armour.
There has to be some inherent logic to eveything, even if they suspend your belief, otherwise it just comes off as silly. The cape is there to give the illusion of something inhuman/scare people, conceal him in the shadows, and sometimes it lets him glide and can act as a protective cloak. Yeah, chances are it'd **** him while fighting or running, but that's where the suspension of disbelief comes from.

Spandex is tough to pull off and really doesn't make sense. If you have access to such comic book-y tech that is both agile and can protect you, why not wear it? I get that people want underpants and spandex Batman, but that just can't be done in a film and be taken seriously, because it has to obey the laws of reality and not those of the paper.

vijaj30z1iw21.jpg

Yeah, it looks cool. On paper. In reality, it looks like this:

il_570xN.1671446904_dppd.jpg

And yeah, it looks kinda cool, I won't lie. But even he's got a techy belt, gauntlets and boots. So at that point, why not add some basic body armor that in comic book land is light and won't hinder you but actually protect you? It's just logical.

Now, if you're saying that you'd have preferred something like Batfleck's suit, I get that. It'd not armor and it does look good.

CoKO6QIUEAAdpN_.jpg:large

What I'm saying is that pure spandex and cloth isn't doable in live action, like, say, the Neal Adams version.

68705a_lg.jpeg

Remember the furore when affleck was cast as batman?
This has none of this, at least people had an opinion about affleck doin batman.
Most people don?t care anymore.

Remember the furore when affleck was cast as batman?
This has none of this, at least people had an opinion about affleck doin batman.
Most people don?t care anymore.

Idk about that. This has been trending everywhere

Darthkostis - definitely agree with that take, spandex will look like cosplay, but The Affleck suits show you can have a muscular under suit with some type of textured ?tech fabric? overlaid.

Really all Pattinson needs is some strategically placed muscle parts under the suit, emphasizing an athletic V taper - build up the chest, shoulders, arms, neck and back. That will give the biggest bang for the buck making him look fit, capable.

I enjoy the tactical/more real world stuff for many characters but for someone like Batman, I like a more classic, fantastical comic book look.

Darthkostis - definitely agree with that take, spandex will look like cosplay, but The Affleck suits show you can have a muscular under suit with some type of textured ?tech fabric? overlaid.

Really all Pattinson needs is some strategically placed muscle parts under the suit, emphasizing an athletic V taper - build up the chest, shoulders, arms, neck and back. That will give the biggest bang for the buck making him look fit, capable.

I enjoy the tactical/more real world stuff for many characters but for someone like Batman, I like a more classic, fantastical comic book look.

Fair points all. But I do like Tacticool mixed with traditional Capes, so I'm so far pleased. For example, I like Arkham Batman, while I find Square Enix Captain America dreadful. But then again, I've always liked Armoured Batman. Really, I like designs which have lots of parts and stuff. Yeah, sometimes less is more, but I love, say, orante armour, sigils and the like. It's what drew me to WH40K back in the day.

[...]It's classic Comic Book "Light Armor". It's stealthy, it protects you and so on and so forth.

There has to be some inherent logic to eveything, even if they suspend your belief, otherwise it just comes off as silly. The cape is there to give the illusion of something inhuman/scare people, conceal him in the shadows, and sometimes it lets him glide and can act as a protective cloak. Yeah, chances are it'd **** him while fighting or running, but that's where the suspension of disbelief comes from.

I get what you're saying, this is a case of that blurry line where we suspend disbelief in slightly different places. That being said:

Spandex is tough to pull off and really doesn't make sense.

I agree, straight-up spandex in a contemporary film wouldn't work particularly well -- but as you and others have pointed out, there are compromises like the BvS suit that remain form-fitting and streamlined without looking goofy.

I get the logic behind putting light armour on Netflix Daredevil and Battinson, but IMO these are both characters that need to remain streamlined.

My issue is less with the idea that there's some kind of light body armour and more with the design:

• Not streamlined (Batman Returns was light armour but still very sleek)
  • Over-designed details that serve no purpose (those shoulder pads are the on-screen incarnation of ONE:12 Collective's Mez-Flair)

It's a Batman film, if course I'll go see it, and may even enjoy it, but the costume design is a miss for me.

I get what you're saying, this is a case of that blurry line where we suspend disbelief in slightly different places. That being said:
Yeah, fair point. It might be because I like armours in general, so I tend to give them a leeway if it means getting them in various media.

I agree, straight-up spandex in a contemporary film wouldn't work particularly well -- but as you and others have pointed out, there are compromises like the BvS suit that remain form-fitting and streamlined without looking goofy.
Yeah, something like Battfleck could've easily worked.

I get the logic behind putting light armour on Netflix Daredevil and Battinson, but IMO these are both characters that need to remain streamlined.
I honestly didn't like Armoured Daredevil that much because I have him as a purely Ninja type of character in my mind. It could've been better had they jsut painted the whole thing red, but the black and silver portions ruined it for me. It wasn't an awful suit, but it wasn't great either.

My issue is less with the idea that there's some kind of light body armour and more with the design:

• Not streamlined (Batman Returns was light armour but still very sleek)
  • Over-designed details that serve no purpose (those shoulder pads are the on-screen incarnation of ONE:12 Collective's Mez-Flair)
I see. Well, like I said, I like the "Jim Lee Lines" type of costumes, so I'm warming up to the suit. But I totally get where you're coming from.

It's a Batman film, if course I'll go see it, and may even enjoy it, but the costume design is a miss for me.
We'll see. Maybe the full suit will come together.

Back