The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

Really WB?

Did anyone there try a cowl on this guy? Weak chin.

I like the work that Reeves did with POTA and I was cautiously optimistic. Was still holding out hope that Affleck would be given a chance to really get a script and director (maybe himself) to really give us the Batman as the main character instead of part of a ensemble that ended up in a train wreck of a movie with Justice League.

Does WB really think Patterson is a good choice? The Twilight movies were soapy bores and he was'nt exactly showing any depth of talent there.

Oh well. Won't be running to the theater to see this now. What exactly is WB trying to accomplish here? (Besides the obvious - make money). The TV stuff has more cohesion than the movie line-up. Sad.

Reeves sold me on the focusing on the detective angle. I keep thinking of Pattinson solving something like the Lacey Towers crime scene from Origins.

Does WB really think Patterson is a good choice? The Twilight movies were soapy bores and he was'nt exactly showing any depth of talent there.

So by this logic, Ben "Gigli and Reindeer Games" Affleck should've never been cast in the first place or ever worked again.

Wondering how this is gonna turn out.

Last edited:

Good. Fisher was decent. Miller is a complete freak.

Fisher was ok as Cyborg but the Cyborg character has become nothing but a token black character to be used whenever needed. New 52 JL needs a founding black JL member...let's use Cyborg. Justice League movie needs a founding black member...let's use Cyborg. Doom Patrol TV show needs some color? Hey look, there's Cyborg. It's become a pathetic joke. Cyborg has, and always will be, a Titan as far as I'm concerned.

Miller was completely miscast IMO. He was a terrible Flash.

Really WB?

Did anyone there try a cowl on this guy? Weak chin.

I like the work that Reeves did with POTA and I was cautiously optimistic. Was still holding out hope that Affleck would be given a chance to really get a script and director (maybe himself) to really give us the Batman as the main character instead of part of a ensemble that ended up in a train wreck of a movie with Justice League.

Oh well. Won't be running to the theater to see this now. What exactly is WB trying to accomplish here? (Besides the obvious - make money). The TV stuff has more cohesion than the movie line-up. Sad.

Have you seen any other movies with Patterson after Twilight?

Okay, okay, points taken. I was one of the big nay sayers when the Batfleck was cast too, but he surprised me. With Snyder ' s guidance, he put on a great take of the Batman in the divisive BvS. (Disclosure : I really like that movie ). Affleck still managed to put on a good show in the mangled JL displaying charisma and chemistry with the cast as he choked through Whedon's juvenile drivel.

I have not seen Patterson in anything but the tacky Twilight. Maybe there is something in him that Reeves saw in the screen test we have yet to see.

The actor playing Batman/Bruce Wayne doesn’t matter. They have no emphasis on the movie’s overall quality. None of them have ever carried the movie they’ve appeared in.

To be Batman is to be in a cool looking suit. They let the suit do the magic. The suit is the star. That’s it.

The suit is the biggest part of Batman in the movies and the car and gadgets. I really want to see the full use of detective skills too though. All versions have brought something to table good and bad. Keaton is still my favorite though.

The actor playing Batman/Bruce Wayne doesn’t matter. They have no emphasis on the movie’s overall quality. None of them have ever carried the movie they’ve appeared in.

To be Batman is to be in a cool looking suit. They let the suit do the magic. The suit is the star. That’s it.

Bale really carried Begins until Heath swallowed TDK whole.

Man, every time somebody is cast as Batman the same tired **** happens, and usually it turns out just fine. And when it didn't turn out fine, that was always problems with direction and screenplay more than casting. Pattinson has had some amazing performances since Twilight - Cosmopolis, The Rover, Lost City of Z, Damsel. I'm seeing a lot of complaints about him being too young; the dude is 33. Christian Bale was 29 when he was cast in Batman Begins, and 30 during filming. Fanboys need to chill, wait, and see.

We're all in denial about how much time has passed since the Twilight movies where he was playing a 'teen' vampire. But yeah, he's in his thirties now so his age shouldn't be a problem. And...I presume they'll give him a normal haircut, he's had some wacky styles going by pics....:lol

Good enough for me.

bat.jpg

On the contrary, his jawline is similar to Battfleck's and he could pass for a younger version. I just hope it's set in the same continuity.

By all accounts it will have nothing to do with Ben's portrayal.

This film will in no way carry on the work that Ben Affleck did as the older Batman in Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League.
https://deadline.com/2019/05/robert-pattinson-batman-wins-role-warner-bros-1202624926/

It's likely gonna be its own thing. Maintaining continuity with the early movies isn't a priority for WB anymore.

By all accounts it will have nothing to do with Ben's portrayal.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/robert-pattinson-batman-wins-role-warner-bros-1202624926/

It's likely gonna be its own thing. Maintaining continuity with the early movies isn't a priority for WB anymore.

Well, it would be stupid if it carried on Affleck's work, since it's set before the events of BvS and presumably before the events that embittered him so much... :dunno
It doesn't have to carry on anything to be a "prequel" set in the same universe.

Pattinson will do fine. The direction is what people need to be focused on. I’m very curious about how this will turn out.

Back