The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YouTubers are saying because this is based on Batman Year Two so he is not so defined yet. They are suggesting this Battison is going to involve in tech like the others

Does this mean they are planning to have Battilson going to have the bat raspy voice in the future

You know damn well how I thought about it. As soon as I he uttered the word “hope” and started helping the flood victims I was cringing.
Guess you dont actually read alot of Batman books then? Thats been his badic motivation forever. Saving his city from crime.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure I like Batman becoming a symbol of "hope." That's Superman's gimmick. I think the Nolan films handled that aspect better. In those films, Batman became a symbol of incorruptibility, but not necessarily of hope. He also did it by fighting crime, corruption, and even saving the city, not by public displays of kindness.

Pattison has been beating up criminals for two years with no progress of kind. So, I like that, but at the end after Batman almost murders that Riddler henchman, and the guy said, "I'm vengeance." Batman seems to have an epiphany moment where he realizes that beating up criminals isn't enough, which is fine, but then he goes full Man of Steel G-Zeus mode.

He electrocutes himself and falls into the water, only to emerge from the water a new Batman sort of speak, a rebirth or BATtism, to lead these people like Moses to safety. I hope (no pun intended) in the sequel, Batman focuses more on fighting corruption on a deeper level to make a real difference in Gotham, as opposed to being a public symbol of hope like Superman. I like the idea of the character learning some kind of lesson, or evolving, but those changes have to stay true to the core elements that make Batman a crime fighter, not Superman. I need to watch the film again.

If there's no Superman in this universe, maybe he has to do double duty!

On another note, there's no better illustration of the old saying "knowledge is power" than the Arkham interview scene. When Bruce thinks Riddler knows his identity he's against the wall, almost hiding in the shadows. As soon as he realises he doesn't, Bruce becomes the aggressor.

WB executive just took a shot at Marvel saying that with their superhero movies they prefer quality over cameos, easter eggs and setting up next movies!

LULZ
Toby Emmerich lol

Then his assistant tells him there is a Peacemaker show that did do that and a Flash movie about to do the same thing. :rotfl

Maybe just don't do things out of character. :dunno

8oSC.gif
man-of-steel-neck-break-gif-600x338.gif

JadedDisgustingBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif
6e9237f2e1653b1d45e8e01833fb2cb590af9fed.gifv

8fCUXjFtgJNpQKniZLSW9g-1200-80.jpg

superman-mouth-justice-league-2017.jpeg

main-qimg-45a7919808cffc8d8c2fae5a8f8a85f2
its-complicated-its-iron-man.gif

Screw affleck. Bring in Keaton bats. The cult made me despise anything connected to that crap universe. Hope Barry buries it.

Don't let others spoil your enjoyment. I'm a fan but don't consider myself part of the cult.

And since I don't agree with resurrecting previous incarnations I'll be excluding Flash from my headcanon just like NWH. Which is sad cos I've never felt the need to have my own headcanon before.

Guess you dont actually read alot of Batman books then? Thats been his badic motivation forever. Saving his city from crime.
I think he is talking more about how the film portrayed that, the way it came off etc. and how it wasn’t for him the way they did it. He seems to really like the film and know his Batman stuff. It’s a simple criticism.

Everyone knows Batman’s motivation.

Back