The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't all the Gotham villains figure out Batman's identity at some point?

Why is that such a big deal? Its not like he's got family or a girlfriend to protect. Just a butler. Hell, Tony Stark told the world... only Mandarin attacked him.

I hope the plan is larger than exposing Batman.

Superman doesn?t need to cover his identity cause everyone in metropolis is stupid I guess

Yeah, that trend of hiding behind a cowl or a pair of glasses was really dumb. Incognito was cool back then.

Now, everyone could care less about privacy or be tracked by your phone; everyone wants to be known. Which is ironic because so many people won't get vaxxed because they think the government is tracking them. Since when did they care about being tracked again?

Superman covers his identity why lol

Meanwhile, Homelander

DFdYlIN.jpg

Yeah, that trend of hiding behind a cowl or a pair of glasses was really dumb. Incognito was cool back then.

Now, everyone could care less about privacy or be tracked by your phone; everyone wants to be known. Which is ironic because so many people won't get vaxxed because they think the government is tracking them. Since when did they care about being tracked again?

Even if you want to be anonymous you can’t. Microsoft, Google, Apple, they all have every piece of data. Can you really trust VPNs? Tor was literally funded by government money. Let’s be honest, they know what each and every one of us has ever visited and can construct a profile in an instant. You like Wars over Trek? You prefer True Crime Docus to RomComs? Bit by bit it’s built. Hell, they know what every single person has ever jerked off to. Yes, that weird DeviantArt phase when you were really into tickling inflation exists in the servers. Nothing is forgotten... Eh, that’s reality now, I guess. If we take it back to capes, Superman is actually more realistic than Batman in that regard. Batman would just be a simple case of elimination and facial recognition software, plus some hired mooks tailing the prime suspects and piecing together the info.

Really? You think Superman's glasses hide him enough that no one would recognize him?

I mean, people say 'hey you look like George Clooney' when that someone clearly does not, you don't think everyone would be like: hey Clark, you look just like Superman.

Really? You think Superman's glasses hide him enough that no one would recognize him?

I mean, people say 'hey you look like George Clooney' when that someone clearly does not, you don't think everyone would be like: hey Clark, you look just like Superman.
When he’s Clark, he slouches, wears glasses that change his eye colour, has different mannerisms and a voice, while wearing baggy clothes that hide his physique. And as Superman he has a sort of power that “blurs” his face. At least that’s the official explanation. Though how that works when in the Post-Crisis books he rocked normal clothes of the era and looked like a typical Chad, I don’t know... Either way, it’s just that nobody would think about it. Superman’s a “god”, however much Clark looks like him, nobody would pay attention or think items anything more bar a coincidence. Kent’s just another guy in a Metropolis of millions. Celebs stroll around NY every day and don’t get recognized.

When he?s Clark, he slouches, wears glasses that change his eye colour, has different mannerisms and a voice, while wearing baggy clothes that hide his physique. And as Superman he has a sort of power that ?blurs? his face. At least that?s the official explanation. Though how that works when in the Post-Crisis books he rocked normal clothes of the era and looked like a typical Chad, I don?t know... Either way, it?s just that nobody would think about it. Superman?s a ?god?, however much Clark looks like him, nobody would pay attention or think items anything more bar a coincidence. Kent?s just another guy in a Metropolis of millions. Celebs stroll around NY every day and don?t get recognized.

I don't by that. Not in Celebrity driven America anyway.

I think we take such things for granted, but when you have daily problems to get through, you miss your surroundings. How many stores in your immediate vicinity did you never notice until something happened? Tom Cruise went undercover as a mailman to prepare for Collateral and nobody noticed him. The odds of thinking that your coworker looks kinda similar to this demigod and going “holy **** Clark Kent is Superman” aren’t that big. Your mind would never go there. The truth is, the average person is too preoccupied with their own problems and daily lives to notice such things. Now, some obsessive weirdo investigating it in-universe and uncovering it is possible. But not the average joe.

I think we take such things for granted, but when you have daily problems to get through, you miss your surroundings. How many stores in your immediate vicinity did you never notice until something happened? Tom Cruise went undercover as a mailman to prepare for Collateral and nobody noticed him. The odds of thinking that your coworker looks kinda similar to this demigod and going “holy **** Clark Kent is Superman” aren’t that big. Your mind would never go there. The truth is, the average person is too preoccupied with their own problems and daily lives to notice such things. Now, some obsessive weirdo investigating it in-universe and uncovering it is possible. But not the average joe.

I live in LA, everywhere we look we think we see someone famous... and many times it is. Clark would never survive in LA.

But I have my doubts about his maintaining autonomy almost anywhere with cellphones and people. I do agree that the millennials and Z might be lost in their phone, since so many die each year just by walking into traffic, but I think there's enough older folks that someone somewhere would call Clark out. It only takes one with a cellphone these days.

I think we take such things for granted, but when you have daily problems to get through, you miss your surroundings. How many stores in your immediate vicinity did you never notice until something happened? Tom Cruise went undercover as a mailman to prepare for Collateral and nobody noticed him.[...]

Tom Cruise could maybe go unnoticed because he's not very physically imposing (height wise) and I don't know if he grew facial hair or what...etc. etc.

But Superman has a god-like, heroic stature and a clean-shaven, chiseled, handsome, lantern-jawed face. People not noticing Clark is just an in-universe conceit carried over from a simpler time.

Tom Cruise could maybe go unnoticed because he's not very physically imposing (height wise) and I don't know if he grew facial hair or what...etc. etc.

But Superman has a god-like, heroic stature and a clean-shaven, chiseled, handsome, lantern-jawed face. People not noticing Clark is just an in-universe conceit carried over from a simpler time.

Yeah, its more like the Undercover Boss joke on SNL where everyone knows its the boss in disguise.

Back