The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

Robert Pattinson doesn't even look like a man, I'd rather have kit Harrington if we're choosing pretty boys. He can do the manly brood look

I’ve been told I look like Pattinson, so I am offended.

Pattinson?

qlHWD6S.png

Batfleck will be forever remembered as a missed huge opportunity. And i hate WB for it. He had everything he needed to become best Batman for a looong time. Except good movies to star in.

As much as I wish he was continuing, at least he's equal-second-longest-running alongside Keaton (or equal first if you count his SS cameo).

Yep equal first! Sorta lol and I agree it was a wasted opportunity

I don't really count the Suicide Squad cameo...I don't really count that film as anything for that matter. :lol

Batfleck will be forever remembered as a missed huge opportunity. And i hate WB for it. He had everything he needed to become best Batman for a looong time. Except good movies to star in.

Funny how they literally set up under the red hood but were to stupid to do a movie

Indeed, a huge missed opportunity.
However, I do believe BvS is a great movie, so I'm happy with that.

Indeed, a huge missed opportunity.
However, I do believe BvS is a great movie, so I'm happy with that.

#MeToo.

Though I just read an article that rated it second-last among Batflicks, above only B&R. Sadly that probably reflects popular opinion.

#MeToo.

Though I just read an article that rated it second-last among Batflicks, above only B&R. Sadly that probably reflects popular opinion.

The fact that Batman Forever and Batman and Robin both are ranked higher than it on Rotten Tomatoes is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen.

I don't think that ranking is crazy at all. I agree with it. In fact, I might put BvS last, behind B&R, because IMO, BvS boring, while B&R is unintentionally funny and entertaining.

Anyone who thought Affleck was staying on as Bats after he announced last year he was no longer writing/directing the stand alone batman film was a little :cuckoo:

Played out exactly as I predicted a long long time ago... Waited for all the hoopla to die down, and BANG!! He announces he's out. :pfft:

:rotfl

Kinda feel bad for Affleck really. Didn't work out as DD ...and now didn't work out as Batman. He must be feeling like he's jinxed or something.

Not all his fault, tho. Snyder and WB have to take most of the blame. Still don't understand why they made Affleck's Batman old when Superman and WW are young in BvS (and Justice League). Um, relatively young for WW.

Kinda feel bad for Affleck really. Didn't work out as DD ...and now didn't work out as Batman. He must be feeling like he's jinxed or something.

Not all his fault, tho. Snyder and WB have to take most of the blame. Still don't understand why they made Affleck's Batman old when Superman and WW are young in BvS (and Justice League). Um, relatively young for WW.

Cause Snyder is still a 15 year old boy with dreams from reading comics in the 80's (Miller's TDK) and thinking how cool it would've been to see an older beat up brooding darker Batman on screen. The problem is, he didn't realize that The Dark Knight was a stand alone elseworlds story line that did not take place in the ongoing DC universe comic books. He even modeled his depressing Superman after the Superman in TDK as well.

Affleck Bats was way too big and muscular. Just like in the TDK comic. Bats needs to be more slim and agile like an olympic athlete and martial artist. Not a big heavyweight Mr. Olympia muscle man bruiser weight lifting champion. The real comic Batman fights with grace and speed , as well as power, as being one of the best Martial Artist's in the DCU. Not a street brawler who overpowers his opponents. The fight scenes in the movies show it too. I know people like it, but watch how slow and stiff he is in the fight scenes. The rooftop battle in the beginning of JL with the Parademon is awful. It's such a slow non agile movement scene. Part of it may be do to the design of the suit, but it's still pretty bad.

I actually didn't mind Battfleck's age. He wasn't as elderly as in the Miller books, so he could still believably kick ass. It also left him a 20-year history of crimefighting without metahuman interference, that could be explored later.

Once he was redeemed by saving his surrogate Martha it freed him up to lead the JL. Sadly we may not see any more JL flicks!

Cause Snyder is still a 15 year old boy with dreams from reading comics in the 80's (Miller's TDK) and thinking how cool it would've been to see an older beat up brooding darker Batman on screen. The problem is, he didn't realize that The Dark Knight was a stand alone elseworlds story line that did not take place in the ongoing DC universe comic books. He even modeled his depressing Superman after the Superman in TDK as well.

Affleck Bats was way too big and muscular. Just like in the TDK comic. Bats needs to be more slim and agile like an olympic athlete and martial artist. Not a big heavyweight Mr. Olympia muscle man bruiser weight lifting champion. The real comic Batman fights with grace and speed , as well as power, as being one of the best Martial Artist's in the DCU. Not a street brawler who overpowers his opponents. The fight scenes in the movies show it too. I know people like it, but watch how slow and stiff he is in the fight scenes. The rooftop battle in the beginning of JL with the Parademon is awful. It's such a slow non agile movement scene. Part of it may be do to the design of the suit, but it's still pretty bad.

:exactly: Well said :clap

And I so agree with what you said how Batman should be in the DCU. He should fight just as good as Captain America in Winter Soldier ...more acrobatic even.

Batman has never fought well in the movies though because of the suits restrictions. I would love to see some fights like Spider-Man's or Captain America's with their speed and agility

Back