The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

All Matt Reeves needs to do is literally copy the Arkham games their you go 4 movies. If we actually got a Batman universe as good as the Arkham games WB wouldn’t have to do some stupid DCEU to compete against the MCU. Batman and Superman in their own universes and stories are the key the justice league sucks!!! All those characters..., SUCK!
I've been preaching this for a long time as well. It can't be that hard to realize that is ripe for film adaptation. I'd even go as far as to cast Troy Baker as the Joker. He did an exceptional young interpretation of Mark's Joker in Origins, and I could see that being his big break to the silver screen.

Knowing WB Marvel will beat them to the punch with something similar to Arkham.

To make this movie a success, they just need to stay true to the comic character.

He has psychological issues from seeing his parents murdered. Show that as his driving force ...his motivation. He trained to be a great detective so that he could solve crimes. Show that he is a great detective. He trained to be the best fighter ...(in more than one form of hand-to-hand combat) ...and to be in top human physical form. Show that he can at least fight like Captain America in Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War. His hi-tech gadgets have always been tools to help him be better, but not as crutches. He should be able to fight and survive without his gadgets. Show that he is more than just his gadgets ...don't show him being dependent on them like in BvS and JL or DKR for that matter. Batman is supposed to be an intelligent detective and a acrobatic fighter all in one. Lastly, show that Bruce Wayne is just a cover to who he really is. Show that he is a playboy and philanthropist when he is not in costume. I think BTAS was closest to showing that.

That's how I see it anyway ....

I'd LOVE to see a movie version of the Arkham games. Especially the costumes. I always thought that the Asylum/City Batman costume would be the best bat costume in movies. It's functional and tactical while staying close to the roots of the comics.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/04/the-batman-movie-2021-recast-jon-hamm-fanart/
FF1C1227-2C7A-49A9-8528-A9374464D595.jpeg

I heard Armie Hammer is rumored to be at the top of their list. I guess so? I don't think Jon Hamm would be all that good.

I heard Armie Hammer is rumored to be at the top of their list.

That would be great. I'd also finally have a head for the long-lost Lone Ranger figure!

Hamm was considered too old for Superman back when Cavill was cast, so it would be even more of an issue now.

Hammer was an awful Lone Ranger and should be banned from any masked hero movies.

Yeah I'm surprised that people keep bringing Hammer up as if he was some awesome choice to play a superhero. He seems little more than a male Brie Larson.

I'm seeing on youtube that Robert Pattinson might be in the running. He's 32.

Haven't really seen many movies he's starred in, so I don't really have an opinion, but the man's worked with some good directors, so I'm guessing he's a good enough actor, and he's got the looks to play the playboy millionaire...

Jared Leto joker movie scrapped! Fantastic news!

Robert Pattinson doesn't even look like a man, I'd rather have kit Harrington if we're choosing pretty boys. He can do the manly brood look

Back