The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

When Matt Reeves signed on, as most filmmakers do, he probably began a new draft to fit his style and voice.

Sadly, this thread is filled with anti-DCEU Marvel Studios disciples, therefore the above hasn't been discussed nor suggested until now.

So no, Reeves' movie is not in trouble. Also, Affleck's rehab confession is no joke. People die from addiction all the time. "Sadfleck" references are petty and small and reflect the people making them at a time when Affleck did something very brave in publicly confronting a very real demon.

Sadly, this thread is filled with anti-DCEU Marvel Studios disciples, therefore the above hasn't been discussed nor suggested until now.

I'm not a Marvel Studios disciple or MCU fanboy, and I think this movie (along with the other DC films) has been doomed from the start. It started with MoS and culminated with Suicide Squad. Wonder Woman is awful (ironically, they try and take pages from your beloved MCU with awful quips and **** jokes) and Zach Snyder is well on his way for his third strike with Justice League.

There are components in Justice League that are planned to bridge it with The Batman such as Deathstroke. If Justice League is yet another disappointment in a long list of disappointments, they're going to have to rethink everything (or not, WB tends to just go all in with their DC superhero stuff). You'd think they'd come together, regroup and try and take their time to put out something good after March and August of last year, but instead, they've just doubled down with everything for Justice League. Hell, nobody learned their lesson with Man of Steel and they were even given an additional full year to fix things when BvS got bumped back and they still dropped the ball.

Last edited:

It's a shame there's no one to counter the anti-DCEU Marvel Studios disciples with repetitive, negative Kevin Feige and MCU posts. Someone who knows things.

VlLj1.gif

I miss your old signature.

I think people don't discuss it because we've heard it all; DC Comics dude is in charge and writes script with Affleck, script is great, no it's not, we're getting there, I'm not gonna do it, ok I'm gonna do it, Terrio rewrites, rewrites this, rewrites that, got director! No we don't, oh nevermind, we do, more rewrites! Rewrites for everyone! Plot is amazing, executives give standing applause, rumor says lots of hand wringing among execs.... Leaked plot, leaked plot B, leaked plot B-2, we got 20 movies planned! Ok maybe less... Green Lantern wink wink wink, etc etc for 4 ****ing years non-stop.

All of this comes from the media of course, but one can understand the preference for memes over the discussion of fickle rumors.

The humor is not at Affleck's expense either, I doubt anybody here dislikes Affleck. I hate the MCU as much as the next patrician, but please, a little situational awareness and thicker skin.

And as for the "failure" of the DCEU v1, I remember when BvS came out, people didn't want to hear about it, they were like "I'm gonna skip the next 10 years of DC". But I think at this point, if they said they're gonna redo the whole thing, people would welcome it. If they do something like that, then they'd probably do it after JL.

I'll always respect the Snyderverse, but only Snyder movies have clear vision, the rest of the movies seem to be stumbling aimlessly in the darkness or trying to fix the "darkNgrittiy" in odd ways, Snyder knew what he wanted to do and he did it, but the rest of WB's whole scheme couldn't sound any more impromptu if they tried.

Marvel knows how to do PG-13 family safe superheroes.

Fox has the R market cornered.

WB should get into the washer and dryer business.

Marvel knows how to do PG-13 family safe superheroes.

Fox has the R market cornered.

WB should get into the washer and dryer business.

A WB exec called me yesterday, they said they will only be doing kitchen appliances. Washers and dryers are Sony.

When Matt Reeves signed on, as most filmmakers do, he probably began a new draft to fit his style and voice.

So no, Reeves' movie is not in trouble. Also, Affleck's rehab confession is no joke. People die from addiction all the time. "Sadfleck" references are petty and small and reflect the people making them at a time when Affleck did something very brave in publicly confronting a very real demon.

Not a MCU disciple. I love DC. Yes it's possible to love both marvel and DC and I am confident in saying that DC handles it's characters like Garbage save for batman when it comes to movies. They have no faith in what they put out. Tell me why quicksilver had a big screen debut before the iconic Flash? Makes no sense. Marvel atleast has alot of faith in the property thats why they are such a success.
We should of gotten a wonder woman movie years ago. We should of gotten a Great adaption of green lantern. We should of gotten Flash and a green arrow movie years ago but WB is to stupid to realize how well loved these characters are.
A teen titans movie would kill at the Box office but they won't take that risk. They have no faith in there characters and they don't know what they are doing and trying so hard to play catch up that they ruined the death of superman.
I want DC to succeed. I grew up watching JL and Teen Titans way more than I did avengers as a kid. I love the characters but I won't pretend that WB is doing amazing work. They aren't.

They have no faith in there characters and they don't know what they are doing

And you're basing this on one great yet criminally underrated movie (MOS), one solid yet divisive movie (BvS) & one mediocre movie the GA loved (SS)?

Sounds to me like you've already convinced yourself that they don't have faith in their characters despite this cinematic universe just starting four years ago.

I want DC to succeed.

Not convinced.

Personal thought (not directed at the poster above):

*I wanna live in a world where people don't allow critics to form opinions for them. Where everyone waited to see Trank's FF before bashing it instead of going to see it just to bash it. A world where people went to see BvS opening night excited instead of giggling at the low score it had on RT as they waited in line. A world where people stop wishing the collapse of this DCEU with every post and instead WAIT to watch the movies that are coming out this year that could very well be good. A world where people stop acting like the MCU is the perfect approach to CBMs because for ****'s sake, it isn't and hasn't delivered anything strong since 2014.

But who am I kidding? DCEU threads will never cease to be awful.

I want to hear John Lennon in your "imagine" post. But it's not in the DCUs style. Bring me Skrillog and Leto Joker standing on a boat, please. Maybe guest starring the Lincoln Park or Limp Biscuit guys.

Oh yeahhhh boiiii!!! You know what time it is!! Keep rollin rollin rollin!! That's my jam! :lol

And Korn singing about how tough high school used to be because of the bullies :rock

That's the kind of music realz alpha males listen to while crying... like real men! :woo

Back