Statue The Batman Beyond Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dammage7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got mine today! I love it.
:D Teeth were customized by me.

1467210_10151717374975906_1649113402_n.jpg

1425776_10151717426505906_1253711702_n.jpg

996035_10151717831305906_692018750_n.jpg

I've always loved this version. :rock Congrats!

Actually it's the first Batman Beyond collectible I purchase. I was confused between getting this and the Black & White statue; but I am happy I chose the Warner Bros. maquette...it's fabulous!

:) Do you like what I did to his mouth?

:hi5: Cheers!

I didn't even notice. What did you alter?

Warner Bros. made the mouth all black. I painted it in white (I gave him teeth). To me, like this it's cartoon-accurate cuz BB shows his teeth a lot in the cartoon.
Please see my photos above!

Congrats Dammage7!

Always wanted to get him, but never found one at an attractive price.

Thank you.

Got mine from eBay, a good seller mrnerfan Check with him, maybe he has one more and you'd bid 'n win for a good price.

You won't regret purchasing it, it's amazing! A piece of beauty. :lol Just do the mouth white. LOL!

Warner Bros. made the mouth all black. I painted it in white (I gave him teeth). To me, like this it's cartoon-accurate cuz BB shows his teeth a lot in the cartoon.
Please see my photos above!

Nice!! I didn't even know WB painted it black, in the first place. Excellent job!

It's a very cool maquette. Congratulations! I bought this litho to go with mine at the time but have since let a lot of my Bats stuff go.But yes, Warner blacked out the mouth :lecture

^^^ That is 'WOW'!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back and what was the ES?

I bought it as new on release back in 99 so a lot less than current asking.

Here's the official blurb:
Limited Edition (212/500) Fine Art Print Issued in 1999 created by Warner Bros. This dramatic limited edition lithograph was created by artist Nathan Gates at the WBSS Design Studio. Capturing the gritty, digital, futuristic feel of the 21st Century Gotham City for which the show is noted, this signed limited edition lithograph is the third in the series of such prints each celebrating the opening sequence from Batman: The Animated Series, The New Adventures of Batman and Robin & Batman Beyond. The Batman Beyond lithograph began with the digital composition of video elements gleaned directly from the frenetic opening sequence to Batman Beyond. Due to the nature of reproduction of the opening montage for broadcast, much of the original art was not available in a resolution suitable for fine art reproduction. Nathan Gates' original digital composition was then painstakingly reproduced by Batman Beyond background artist Hector Martinez, and digitally manipulated prior to printing in order to simulate the original digital effects. The lithograph was reproduced on 100% rag paper, utilizing a fine art lithography process in a edition of only 500. The Batman Beyond logo was embossed below the printed image enhanced by a special ultraviolet gloss varnish which was serigraphically printed on the central character. Each piece was hand-signed by the show's award-winning team of producers Bruce Timm, Producer Paul Dini, Producer Alan Burnett and Storyboard Artist Darwyn Cooke, who edited the show's opening montage. This wonderful piece of animated artwork has been professionally framed in an effective black frame and mounted in a crisp black mount making the overall size 33x31 inches.

Not sure what number I have. Sorry for the essay :lol

Didn't SSC tease a Beyond thing a year or 2 back? I can't remember at all.

PS: this should be in the DC section.

Didn't SSC tease a Beyond thing a year or 2 back? I can't remember at all.

PS: this should be in the DC section.

If they did, it'll be the only Batman piece I own! That'll be a must. I don't remember a tease, but I could be wrong....Actually, now that I think of it, was it during SDCC 2 years ago, when the license was first announced? Because I vaguely remember seeing a pic of the BB suit in one of their video montages. (Could be wrong though.)

If they did, it'll be the only Batman piece I own! That'll be a must. I don't remember a tease, but I could be wrong....Actually, now that I think of it, was it during SDCC 2 years ago, when the license was first announced? Because I vaguely remember seeing a pic of the BB suit in one of their video montages. (Could be wrong though.)

Honestly I'm not sure if I'm smoking crack or if it actually happened... I'm a prime candidate for Alzheimer so don't quote me on it.

I remember buying this at the Warner Bros. store when it came out. I got #009 and displayed it proudly--my favorite maquette they released. Unfortunately, I ended up needing money badly at one point so I put all my maquettes on eBay. I hated to sell it but I got $1200 for it (ended up making around $2500 total on them) at the height of Batman Beyond's popularity. At the time I was thankful he sold for so much, but I still think back to when he was in my collection and how angry I was that I had to lose him. The focus of my collection has moved away from statues or I would have snagged one of these again. I don't know what it's going for now but congratulations on a great piece!

Back