( the Batman 2021 ) Robert Patterson Version Hot Toys 1/6 Scale hopefully released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt hot toys will even make a prototype, as this version of the Batmobile is just a modified muscle car, and not a traditional Batmobile we're used to, which collectors may not like........:(
Speak for yourself, I'd buy it if HT made it. Lol never spent money on a 1/6th vehicle before. But if they did this I'd buy it for sure only because it's different and it would be rare to have as a Batmobile.

I don't get the hate for this Batmobile. I think it's the coolest one since '89, and it fits the mood, aesthetic, and the timeline they're going for. Doesn't mean I would buy a 1/6th scale version, but I do like it.

I don't get the hate for this Batmobile. I think it's the coolest one since '89, and it fits the mood, aesthetic, and the timeline they're going for. Doesn't mean I would buy a 1/6th scale version, but I do like it.

I agree. I think ppl at this point are too used to the "tank" look of the batmobile from Nolan (and sorta Snyder) that they've forgotten that the original batmobile was a cool looking fast "sports/muscle" car with gadgets and not one that would plow over other cars and through solid masonry walls.

Based on the trailer, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. Whether or not it's any good will determine if I have an interest in figures and/or vehicles from the movie, but I'm going to give it a chance.

As to hot toys producing the batmobile from this movie, I'd venture to say that hot toys is probably out of the 1/6 vehicle business. Despite showing prototypes to hype up the fan base, they never delivered the 1966 version nor the bvs version (jazzinc actually made these). In 2015, they showed a 1/6 tie fighter, and a new bttf delorean version from the later movies, but they never happened. There was that 1/12 scale ship from the avengers movie that silently slipped off the web site. They've been showing off the jedi starfighter for more than a year, but not even a pre-order. As I recall, they even had a millennium falcon cockpit that never happened (again, jazzinc made this).

Since the trillogy tumblers, The last "vehicle" that they produced was the darth maul speeder, which is arguably more a chair than anything else. All that said, if the movie is any good, and there's demand for the car, I'm sure someone else will produce it. It just won't be hot toys.

As to hot toys producing the batmobile from this movie, I'd venture to say that hot toys is probably out of the 1/6 vehicle business. Despite showing prototypes to hype up the fan base, they never delivered the 1966 version nor the bvs version (jazzinc actually made these). In 2015, they showed a 1/6 tie fighter, and a new bttf delorean version from the later movies, but they never happened. There was that 1/12 scale ship from the avengers movie that silently slipped off the web site. They've been showing off the jedi starfighter for more than a year, but not even a pre-order. As I recall, they even had a millennium falcon cockpit that never happened (again, jazzinc made this).

Since the trillogy tumblers, The last "vehicle" that they produced was the darth maul speeder, which is arguably more a chair than anything else. All that said, if the movie is any good, and there's demand for the car, I'm sure someone else will produce it. It just won't be hot toys.

Agree 100%. They can't even get figures done without taking 2 years before releasing and several delays.

I wouldn't say they are 100% out of the vehicle game, but just out of the LARGE vehicle game. Stores had to practically give away the 1/12 Batplane from TDKR. While there is a small group of ppl who will buy them, it's not a large enough population to make it profitable to HT most likely. The CW deluxe Anakin comes with the STAP which is a vehicle of sorts. We'll probably see more smaller vehicles from Star Wars but nothing as big as a batmobile, delorean, etc. It's just like with custom stuff, there's the interest list that everyone gets on saying "put me down!" then when it comes time to pony up the money, you get all the excuses as to why ppl can no longer pay. Same goes with the vehicles, lots of folks say they'll buy one, but once the cost is revealed or sets in if they've PO'd, in comes cancellations and HT loses money.

I wouldn't say they are 100% out of the vehicle game, but just out of the LARGE vehicle game. Stores had to practically give away the 1/12 Batplane from TDKR. While there is a small group of ppl who will buy them, it's not a large enough population to make it profitable to HT most likely. The CW deluxe Anakin comes with the STAP which is a vehicle of sorts. We'll probably see more smaller vehicles from Star Wars but nothing as big as a batmobile, delorean, etc. It's just like with custom stuff, there's the interest list that everyone gets on saying "put me down!" then when it comes time to pony up the money, you get all the excuses as to why ppl can no longer pay. Same goes with the vehicles, lots of folks say they'll buy one, but once the cost is revealed or sets in if they've PO'd, in comes cancellations and HT loses money.

Fair enough :)

My definition of "vehicle" is one that cannot be packaged with the action figure and requires it's own box. It has it's own SKU and has to be ordered separately. That's the business they're out of.

Based on the trailer, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. Whether or not it's any good will determine if I have an interest in figures and/or vehicles from the movie, but I'm going to give it a chance.

Well they are releasing a new Speeder Biker from the Mandalorian, but that's probably as large a vehicle as we'll ever see in the future.

I do really like the Mad Max vibe this new car gives off (much more than the dune buggy vibe of the previous Batmobile), but it's not something I need a 1/6 version of.

Pattinson has COVID-19 so production has halted on the movie again, so it?ll be a while yet until we see this.

Official promo poster from the DC FanDome Part 2 :

ehueos10.jpg

Back