The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was in Cabin in the Woods as well.

Yeah, and I almost went and see it because of that. I will end up seeing it based on some friends suggestions when it hits PPV.

I'd like to see him and his brother in something together.

That would be pretty cool especially if one was a good guy and the other a bad guy.

Actually, GWTW hit and made a ton of its money a few years before the U.S. entered WWII. The country had just come out of the Great Depression and was on its first real hint of economic upswing in decades (which is why many were hesitant to bite the bullet and go back to war). The time was actually right for a cultural phenomenon for people to escape to.

Right, but people were still having a hard time with money. It wasn't like they had all this cash to watch one film over and over again like it was suggested. I think it's just excuse making trying to take away from the fact that the movie done so well. And I don't understand why.

I realize "Gone with the Wind" is almost like a national treasure, but are there accurate records for its initial run? Isn't alot of its magnitude made up from several releases?

What's your point, the US has been in a war for how long now?

Might not be WW2 size, but just as financially costly.

Countries are always at war, either cival or with each other.

War is constant.

Movies will always come out in war time and still be successful. :dunno

I have little money to spend, that's why I choose wisely and went to see Avengers only 6 x and only buy Hot Toys and Enterbay products. :lol

The average person didn't have a ton of money to spend watching the same movie over and over. And believe me, World War II was completely different than what we have today.

What I'm trying to say is, GWTW deserves the top spot it's in because it's a damn good film. Some are trying to take away from that. Yes, I want something to knock off Titanic and Avatar, but those can't compare to GWTW.

I realize "Gone with the Wind" is almost like a national treasure, but are there accurate records for its initial run? Isn't alot of its magnitude made up from several releases?

I think so, but so are the rest of the films on the list. I don't think GWTW has been released to theaters as many times, and to the amount of theaters that Star Wars has.

I'm just curious if Avengers will remain at the #1 spot for more than 2 weeks.

I plan on seeing Battleship. It depends on how good this is. Maybe you guys who are rooting so hard for this should've spaced your viewings out more. :lol

I plan on seeing Battleship. It depends on how good this is. Maybe you guys who are rooting so hard for this should've spaced your viewings out more. :lol

Will not go see BS.

Will go see Prometheus, Spidey, TDKR.

TDKR the same amount of times as Avengers. :horror

Maybe Snow White and the Asgardian.

I could see it losing out to Battleship for #1 this weekend, but tbh TDK never had a real challenge in its first few weeks. I think Tropic Thunder just knocked it off because everyone had finally seen it and reseen it.

I thought you were going to see it. That type of genre doesn't appeal to you Josh?

Yeah, I like that genre I just decided not to see it in the theater incase it wasn't that great. Renting it for $5 is much safer than $10-15. :lol

I would expect it to. BS should be fun but I don't think it will get enough viewers to take #1.

Avengers could have a 50% drop to a 50 million third weekend and still beat a typical 35-40 million opening for Battleship. I won't be seeing BS in theaters.

Back