The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box set today. It's pretty cool. Everything is made of plastic, and the cube is removeable. It also lights up on it's own.

The movie props are pretty nifty. Lots of files and such on each Avenger

87ED174B-0512-45E2-BAD4-B46032B666A9-14863-0000086984C3D832_zps8ab64a7a.jpg

Got my box set today. It's pretty cool. Everything is made of plastic, and the cube is removeable. It also lights up on it's own.

The movie props are pretty nifty. Lots of files and such on each Avenger

87ED174B-0512-45E2-BAD4-B46032B666A9-14863-0000086984C3D832_zps8ab64a7a.jpg

Looks cool. However, I already own all of the movies. Are the extras special enough to merit this?

Robert Downey Jr interview with GQ (6 Pages)

any lingering financial pressures have been further eased by the success of The Avengers. Downey has taken pride in being deeply involved in every stage of the solo Iron Man movies, but for The Avengers he fitted into Joss Whedon's wider vision. "I really just showed up, hit my marks," he says. "Joss would write some lines or I would come up with a line. It was very easy—it was so easy I didn't see how it could work." Whatever contract Downey signed when he agreed to appear in multiple movies as Iron Man allowed him a share of The Avengers' payday far bigger than anyone could have anticipated. The Hollywood Reporter recently suggested that the true figure was around $50 million. It's not the kind of thing most actors are prepared to talk about, but I ask Downey anyway.

"Yeah," he says, smiling.

Is that number about right?
"Yeah." A broader smile.

That's amazing.
"Isn't that crazy?" he says. "They're so pissed. I can't believe it. I'm what's known as 'a strategic cost.' "
:lol

Entertainment Tonight video interview with Joss Whedon

We should start shooting [Avengers 2] I think in February. I didn’t think I was gonna do the second one, but I had an idea for it before I had figured out the first one. You go into a movie not assuming that there’s going to be [another one]. I’ve seen plenty of movies that were the first part of the trilogy that never happened and it’s terrible. You don’t save anything for the trip back. Having said that, though, I did sort of know, ‘Well if they were to come back, I know what’s going to happen… it’s going to be awful.’

:lol Watching this tonight while I sculpt and just noticed that the Not-FinFangFoom thing that Hulk and Thor take down into grand central station... Right after it crashes there is a final jolt of lightning that explodes it's right eye. It just pops and fluid bursts out.

Awesome.

Back