The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the 3D. The moment when the alien army finally makes their move and the camera goes from space through the portal and into the air above New York was really cool. I got a little dizzy. And there were tons of great shots of the aliens flying around, or Iron Man going between the buildings. Another nice moment was when Black Widow was pointing a gun straight at me through the screen. The 3D really picked up during the climax. I understand that some people just don't care for 3D and so I'm glad they offered both versions for audiences, but I personally enjoyed it and I will definitely purchase the 3D Blu-ray to watch at home.

Oh, and..accidently saw the 3D version. GOD 3D is HORRIBLE! It's not realistic at all, it makes it so difficult to focus on what's happening in the movie. There was only one scene I thought benefitted from it..at one point, a lot of sparks fly off of Ironman. That looked cool in 3D. That's all. And the glasses were very annoying considering the fact that they don't fit to your face.
Funny, the first theater I went to only had the 3-D showing at the time I showed up though it wasn't promoted online that way or on the marquee. I paid, she gave me the glasses, and I said, ". . .waitaminute."

I got refunded, drove to the other theater, and watched it in all its 2-D glory instead.

The 3D wasn't horrible, it just wasn't necessary. And you could really tell the difference between the 3D in this film and the 3D in the Spidey and Prometheus trailers in IMAX. (Both shot in 3D.) Prometheus trailer looked spectacular.

For me, the 3-D doesn't add much of value. And even when it does, my brain compensates for it, and after about 15-20 minutes, I don't really notice the effect anymore unless I'm really focusing on it. But it still gives me a headache, so. . .

Like tomandshell, I'm glad they provide it for audiences with different tastes so long as they give me an opportunity to watch my movies the traditional way.

For me, the 3-D doesn't add much of value. And even when it does, my brain compensates for it, and after about 15-20 minutes, I don't really notice the effect anymore unless I'm really focusing on it. But it still gives me a headache, so. . .

Like tomandshell, I'm glad they provide it for audiences with different tastes so long as they give me an opportunity to watch my movies the traditional way.

Yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'd rather watch most movies in 2-D anyways. And its good that theaters still have the option. To be honest the only movie I've seen in 3D in which my brain has not compensated after 10 minutes is Avatar. (I really dislike that movie, but I admit the 3D was excellent.)

The Prometheus trailer looked the best 3D-wise.
When the Prometheus' front panel things open up and you see the computer screens, it really did look great in 3D. That and those sparks were the only things throughout the entire movie and all of the trailers that I thought looked pretty good.

Everything else was just horrible. I don't see how anyone can even slightly defend it. Nothing jumped out at me. Didn't feel 3D.
Imagine watching the movie, but with different objects on screen becoming blurry and moving closer/further away from you randomly.

The glasses might have actually been the worst part though. I kept having to push them forward because they wouldn't stay on.

Idunno, but if this is what all 3D is like...it seriously needs some work.

582393_10150808351052285_47270687284_9557251_944142304_n.jpg

Sounds just like my experience with 3D.

3D is only worth it if it was filmed.

But I think Underworld was filmed in 3D, and that movie looked like ass.

It also was just that...regardless.

So I can finally read this thread now! . . .after reading through the last few pages, I'm not sure that that's a good thing. But anyway, I think I set my expectations too high for this one. It didn't make me geek out that much, and didn't blow me away like I was kinda expecting based on the hype. It had some funny moments, lots of insane action set pieces, and did a lot of the things that it was supposed to, but lacked. . .something that could have made this a truly special movie in my eyes.

Still very cool to see all the guys on the screen together, etc. I think maybe Iron Man came off as too great across the board. He was the smartest guy, one of the best fighters, had the best lines, ultimately proved that he's as honorable as anyone, etc. They didn't focus much on his flaws here. I'm glad that Cap was the leader on the battlefield when it mattered, which I feared might not happen based on the story up to that point.

It's ok man, it had that effect on a lot of people actually. The hype is way too high on this one IMO. It's a really good movie but it ends there for me, and I've heard that from several other people that went into it all hyped up.

Well if that's the case then just say it. I'm okay with that :lol

I liked the film, I just think it failed to live up to my expectations. Usually I check expectations at the door, but it was really impossible for me to do with this one.

Kinda hard to check it at the door with a bunch of people hyping it as much as this board.

Did I hear right that it beat out harry potter DH:2 for highest grossing opening weekend of all time? Only film to do over 200 million in an opening weekend? Not that it means anything...all the transformers movies made a crap ton of money but were pretty much all giant turds imho...except the first one, it wasn't as bad as the other two

Did I hear right that it beat out harry potter DH:2 for highest grossing opening weekend of all time? Only film to do over 200 million in an opening weekend? Not that it means anything...all the transformers movies made a crap ton of money but were pretty much all giant turds imho...except the first one, it wasn't as bad as the other two

I agree transformers 1 was amazing and showed a good amount of humans and robots. The deceptions weren't weak and you cared about the people in that movie. It was really good

Back