The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, can we talk about the Avengers movie again, you drunkards? :lol

Jussesec ....... jussesec ......

santa-fail-o.gif

Yesterday at work it dawned at me, that the scene in the Stark tower goes way back to Iron Man 1 when Tony says "I don't like to be handed things." Totally missed that everytime.

Way cool, Joss! :rock

So I saw this, been thinking it over, I'd give it an 8/10 on par with Nolan's Batman movies for me but a differant kind of flick. Both are comic book but this was more of a pure entertainment movie whereas Nolan seems to try to put more of a social message in his movies. Not saying it always works just my opinion.

Plenty I didn't like mostly already pointed out, especially the command ship which feels like sloppy or lazy writing, we've seen this before in Fifth Element and TPM.

What actually bothered me was Coulson's line about something to avenge, was earth not good enough? :lol I get that they all liked him and he was a good guy that died fighting alongside them but I think they were already pretty knee deep in avenging at that point.

Looking forward to seeing it again.

What actually bothered me was Coulson's line about something to avenge, was earth not good enough? :lol I get that they all liked him and he was a good guy that died fighting alongside them but I think they were already pretty knee deep in avenging at that point.

Looking forward to seeing it again.

While they all live on earth, I think he was meaning more of something to make it personal. Kind of like how murder happens every day and people feel bad about it, but if it happened to a loved one or a friend, it's suddenly 100% more relevant and personal.

While they all live on earth, I think he was meaning more of something to make it personal. Kind of like how murder happens every day and people feel bad about it, but if it happened to a loved one or a friend, it's suddenly 100% more relevant and personal.

This is what I got out of it too. Stark even mentions Loki having now made things "personal."

Back