The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

I was most excited to see captain america and least excited to see Hulk before i saw the movie.

After i watched the movie i felt Cap was the weakest link (bar Hawkeye who was pure SNORE) and Hulk was the strongest link...

The pacing was pretty good until the final battle scene then its all rushed and so is the ending. Its a bit disappointing there.

The movie very nearly became iron Man 3 too. But to be fair if i was making the movie id like to lean more in Tony Starks direction.

I just saw it (Germany) and thought it was really cool !!

Pretty tough to tell so many stories in approx. 2 hours - so I think it was really well done !

Not as good as the first Iron Man (as ther was not enough time to tell all the characters) but as good as Cap and Thor I think

Damn it, I want to see this movie so bad I downloaded yesterday and was tempted to checking it out but I just can't bring myself to do it. I wanna watch it in all it's glory in theaters first. I download the cam videos so I can re-watch my favorite scenes (until they release in bluray). After I watched Thor I came home and caught myself watching the movie again and fast forwarding to my favorite scenes.

The movie very nearly became iron Man 3 too. But to be fair if i was making the movie id like to lean more in Tony Starks direction.

That's the thing though; with having so many characters in one film some are bound to be more integral to the story whilst others are there to look good and make up the numbers. In this case though; credit to the film that they managed to give everyone their own screen time and killer shots.

I saw it the second time today in germany.
Same fun...even more, since I anticipated many scenes.

I don't get it why people keep calling it "almost iron man 3"?!?!
What the hell?!

It's all balanced. the only thing...if any at all, ist that they could've given Cap a Bit more stuff to cope with the new time and all.

But Who gives a s***, the characters are well played enough in the other movies. Can't wait for the BR.
Bring it!!!

Even triangle-shaped Iron Man prefers the round reactor.

:lol I was actually very glad that the MK7 suit had the round reactor. Can't say I was a big fan of the triangle..

While I understand what is meant (or at least I think I do without seeing the film) his Arc Reactor never was or ever will be triangular.

The element forged was triangular. It was always placed within a circular mounting because the chest piece within Stark's chest was always circular.

IronmanTonyStarkNewReactor.png

What I am assuming was meant was the chestplating of the armor itself. The Mark IV had a circular "port window" within the plate of the covering over exoskeletal piece of the chest. The Mark VI had a triangular "port window". The Mark VII goes back to the circular but none of that is the Arc Reactor as continuously referred to.

Nothing against the two who posted just using it as a platform to post about something that has been oddly continuous in all Iron Man film threads.

Only a small handful of days left! :rock

Only a small handful of days left! :rock

Whilst I'm happy to have seen the film it's sad because even if you see it for a second time you will never feel that anticipation/ excitement feeling that you get the week before it's release again; if that makes sense.:D

Just saw it. Not perfect, but freaking awesome movie! :clap

I don't know if this would qualify as a spoiler, but for the benefit of those who haven't seen it yet... I'll put it anyway.
Spoiler Spoiler:

One thing I disliked was how Captain America was portrayed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn it, I want to see this movie so bad I downloaded yesterday and was tempted to checking it out but I just can't bring myself to do it. I wanna watch it in all it's glory in theaters first. I download the cam videos so I can re-watch my favorite scenes (until they release in bluray). After I watched Thor I came home and caught myself watching the movie again and fast forwarding to my favorite scenes.

PLEASE wait to see it at the movies!!!you are almost there.It will be worth it...Trust us ALL!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Loki is no chump. He goes toe to toe with Thor.

That's the thing though; with having so many characters in one film some are bound to be more integral to the story whilst others are there to look good and make up the numbers. In this case though; credit to the film that they managed to give everyone their own screen time and killer shots.

:exactly::exactly: I think the pace was spot on. Everyone got to shine.

Just came back from watching The Avengers. Great superheroes movies and plenty of eye candy (Hawkeye, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America, oh yeah!). I was glad to see everyone had their moment to shine. I was worried that Black Widow would just be some useless eye candy.
Spoiler Spoiler:

To me,
Spoiler Spoiler:
Does anyone have a GIF of that scene btw?

Posted the Entertainment Weekly covers in the Avengers collectible thread and doing a repeat for this thread:

EWTheAvengers1.jpg

EWTheAvengers2.jpg

EWTheAvengers3.jpg

Back