The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

So that was the Super Bowl spot? An extra shot of Cap crying and some CG hoverboards added above the car explosions? Wow. Way to blow us away Whedon.

So that was the Super Bowl spot? An extra shot of Cap crying and some CG hoverboards added above the car explosions? Wow. Way to blow us away Whedon.

:nono :nono

That was 10 seconds of the 30 seconds :lol

So we have another 20 seconds of Cap crying and generic alien hoverboards to look forward too :yess:

It was just a teaser of a longer teaser. :D

The 17-second clip previews a longer commercial set for broadcast during this year's Super Bowl.
Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth can be seen as Captain America and Iron Man while there's a fresh look at Mark Ruffalo unleashed as the Hulk.
Here's the official synopsis for The Avengers, due for release on May 4;

Super Bowl teaser for The Avengers released

Still doesn't look even remotely big enough in scope. Hopefully the rest of the teaser will feature more than just people in costumes talking and posing.

Still doesn't look even remotely big enough in scope. Hopefully the rest of the teaser will feature more than just people in costumes talking and posing.

That and the CG of those flying bikes look about on par with the CG of G.I. Joe: ROC. :monkey1

Wow, Chris Hemsworth will don an Iron Man suit:panic: Iron Thor!!!

Don't think i've ever read an Avengers comic where Hulk was on the team, i know he was a founder, but when was the last time he was on the team?

Yup. Avengers is going to about as exciting as anticlimatic Serentiy.

At least Hulk looks right this time.

I'm excited for this movie but I have to say I haven't seen anything I'd call a money shot yet.

...er, what?

tumblr_kw2903s9Vh1qzjnqko1_500.jpg

Huh?

Don't think i've ever read an Avengers comic where Hulk was on the team, i know he was a founder, but when was the last time he was on the team?

Comics-wise the Hulk hasn't been a full-time member since I think 1963 or 1964. He left the issue before they uncovered a frozen Captain America. In the Ultimates he was a member as recent as 2008. Getting back to the regular Marvel U the Hulk hasn't been a full-time member in a while but She-Hulk was a long-time member and Red Hulk is a current member.

As for other media in the current Avengers cartoon he is full-time member after leaving in a similar fashion to the way her left in the early 60's.

Though he hasn't been a member in a while I'm glad that they included him in the group. It would feel weird not having him them plus he is the biggest name in the group.

i personally dont wanna see everything before the film hits april 27th i would like a few suprises but i personally would like to see a full shot of the team at the end in costume with cap shouting avengers assemble just to blow my mind.

Comics-wise the Hulk hasn't been a full-time member since I think 1963 or 1964. He left the issue before they uncovered a frozen Captain America. In the Ultimates he was a member as recent as 2008. Getting back to the regular Marvel U the Hulk hasn't been a full-time member in a while but She-Hulk was a long-time member and Red Hulk is a current member.

As for other media in the current Avengers cartoon he is full-time member after leaving in a similar fashion to the way her left in the early 60's.

Though he hasn't been a member in a while I'm glad that they included him in the group. It would feel weird not having him them plus he is the biggest name in the group.

Aren't these guys more influenced by the Ultimates universe anyway?

Yes, the Ultimates universe influenced a lot of the Marvel film universe, mixing a lot of what was done there with the bigger arc within the 616 universe. The movies while being their own continuity are more Ultimates based than anything.

Not really? I mean they do take the approach of making everything realistic as in Ultimates, but Iron Man from the Films is definitely different from the Ultimate version. Thor is different, and aside from the costume inspiration, the Ultimates Capt is miles different from the Capt of movies. (One's a politically incorrect and a little racist, the other is well....the good one lol.) They do take the Ultimates approach in terms of style but character wise, they will resemble the 616 universe I would think. I don't wanna see my Hulk all rapey and cannibalistic.

Not really? I mean they do take the approach of making everything realistic as in Ultimates, but Iron Man from the Films is definitely different from the Ultimate version. Thor is different, and aside from the costume inspiration, the Ultimates Capt is miles different from the Capt of movies. (One's a politically incorrect and a little racist, the other is well....the good one lol.) They do take the Ultimates approach in terms of style but character wise, they will resemble the 616 universe I would think. I don't wanna see my Hulk all rapey and cannibalistic.

How is Ult Cap racist?

Back