"The Argonath. Long have I desired... "

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nemo Nint

"The Argonath. Long have I desired... "

The Argonath was my 2nd or 3rd favourite statue back in 2002 when I first discovered the then-extensive line of prototype and announced future items from Sideshow Weta.

First was Orthanc, second was either Argonath or Moria. And I didn't get a chance to promote Orthanc because it was re-announced for production. before I joined any messageboard. Then I joined Tolkien online and started blazing Moria for a bit. Then it was announced for production.

Now comes the final item that is simply astounding. The Hobbiton Factory and Amon Hen and Buckleberry ferry, and Weathertop environments are all nice, especially the Ferry, but I really want to see this Argonath prototype produced.

argonathcroppedcropped.jpg

The bookends that were released don't really qualify as a reasonable alternative. They're "nice" but probably the least significant items of my entire collection. However if the one piece environment with the water and boats and rock walls were released... that'd stand above Orthanc and Golden Hall which are my current favourites. Not to mention it'd be one of my favourite statues, it'd probably be in my top 5 ranked favourites ever... lets see...

Original Balrog
King Elessar
Argonath Environment
Ringwraith on Steed
Treebeard bust

That's about where I qualify its appeal to me, at this point in time.

A limited edition of say 1000 or even 500 would be great too, because then it'd make it all the more hot for rapid sales.

Anyway... To Sideshow Weta: Please produce a run of single-piece Argonath environment. And when you do, I'll drink a toast to your immortal health. :toast

Re

What they said, I am in total and complete agreement!!
These MUST be released - just LOOK how cool they are! SUrely you wouldnt hold this back from us Sideshow?? They just make the Argonaths themselves seem so taller than the lil bookends, much more imposing.

Remember that first teaser poster we ever saw for LOTR of the Argonaths with the slogan 'The legend comes to life' ?? THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

Also please release those other enviros mentioned! Weathertop, Amon Hen, Bucklebury Ferry, Hobbiton Mill Factory, Prancing Pony..

Re: Re

This needs to happen.

The bookends are great but this is what needed to happen.

Bring it on.

:bow

Please make this wonderful looking environment. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would love to have this one.:vik

I am in for the Argonath environment. The picture looks wonderful. Please oh please.

Thanks everyone for signing so far! It's great to hear people voicing their desires!

One of the most memorable sequences of the trilogy for me. We need this thing.

My two most wanted environments (besides Barad-Dur) is Weathertop and The Argonath.

booya!

AL-RIGHT FRODOEYES!

Yes, This environment will definitely be prized above most all other items when it is released. oh yes yes yes.

It'll be one of the best enviros that's for sure! I don't know why they havent released this version. Miles better and would sell well. The dvd versions were pathetic. Plus the hand broke off one of them and we hoovered it up so I want a replacement :D

Plus the hand broke off one of them and we hoovered it up so I want a replacement
:mwaha
Sideshow Weta Collectibles, you hear that? We need an environment so FrodoEyes can have a perfect Argonath, without having to buy another set of small bookends!

Damn right. It's the least they could do considering the amount of money I've given to them!

If they knew how hard I worked....

Yep, I am one of those people that would buy it the second it was released.

Back