The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought PZ lived somewhere else, I sent him something once. I also thought ozz had one for sale on here for only $450 shipped!

Yet if it does, the utter lameness of historic figures under the contemporary moniker won't be lost on most of us who've collected all or the majority of it. They should continue with The Dead as contemporary releases and if they're that adamant about releasing Abe Lincolns, Nazis and knights as zombies, create another line or license out Max Brooks' graphic novel and create from that. :monkey1

I totally disagree that it will be lame if they have some kind of historic zombies. I have every zombie they've made for this line including all the variants. I personally think it would be cool and think they would look just as fun/cool on my shelf. I love history and zombies both and SS doing that would be fun. Me personally even with the small s tory they use with it I've always looked at it as a generic zombie line. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

Edit: I'm not talking about Abe Lincoln zombies or specific people like that but Nazi Zombies, Crusade Zombies, etc. Would be fun basically.

I totally disagree that it will be lame if they have some kind of historic zombies. I have every zombie they've made for this line including all the variants. I personally think it would be cool and think they would look just as fun/cool on my shelf. I love history and zombies both and SS doing that would be fun. Me personally even with the small s tory they use with it I've always looked at it as a generic zombie line. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

Edit: I'm not talking about Abe Lincoln zombies or specific people like that but Nazi Zombies, Crusade Zombies, etc. Would be fun basically.

Hey bud, turn down the Superfan Personal Offense System. It's a false alarm. I never said historical zombies would be lame. I'm talking about releasing them under the same license. That would be lame. They already have an established continuity. One, that they, themselves went out of their way to exploit through videos, promotionals, MySpace accounts, etc. Releasing historical figures under that license would undermine that and dilute it (whether or not you think it's generic is irrelevant - it's not).

Creating a new line like Undead History, or History Returns from the Grave, etc., would be wholly more appropriate.

WTF are you talking a about? :lol my post had nothing to do with some kind of superfan thing that folks run with. That was my personal opinion on the subject. The Dead=Zombies that's the plain and simple fact of it all. It's not called the contemporary dead. So that's why I'm personally cool with them rolling in some historic figures in. If the line was called what I had just used my pov would be irrelevant but since it's not well there ya go.

You seem like a smart guy nam. However, you should really give up trying to pigeon hole me into some made up roll and stop with your pov is always the one most on the mark.

You seem like a smart guy nam. However, you should really give up trying to pigeon hole me into some made up roll and stop with your pov is always the one most on the mark.

I'm not. You pigeonholed yourself. Your reply came off as if you were personally offended when the fact is, you completely misunderstood my post. I never said historical zombies would be lame. You assumed that. That's your bad and that's on you bud, not me.

Fact is, Sideshow went out of their way to establish a brand in The Dead. From the videos, to the whole "conspiracy" aspect, they went above and beyond to sell it as a license with a story and a tag line, "Be Ready." We even see it in the Spook kits with the window clings. This is my point. Halfassing that by releasing historical zombies under the same title completely does away with the pre-established history, story and very aspect of the license. Why the hell would you have to "Be Ready" in "fear of being attacked" by a Knight Zombie, or undead Napoleon?! It doesn't make sense. :huh They should use the opportunity to make a new Sideshow Originals line that doesn't conflict with their existing one.

Hoping to see some new dead items released this spooktacular :chew, it has been a while since sideshow gave us something good to look forward to with this license...:impatient:

I wouldn't mind historic zombies, hell, I'd be happy with just about any zombie in polystone. :wave

Not the best pics, but I brought my Dead PFs to work to decorate the cubicle in time for my favorite season...
e418bf58.jpg

287e3dd8.jpg

And what's holloween without a little Darkness?
191267e3.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more, my first Spook or the Walking Dead premiere. Either way, it's a win-win. :yess:

Yeah, but what is that Alien? A Neca?

Yep, that's the 18" Neca alien. I can't get the bastard to stand up on his own so I have to prop him up in the corner.

That's pretty brave. I'd be terrified of after hours employees or a janitorial staff with sticky fingers.

Nah, our entire office is under video surveillance 'round the clock. There's no way I'd leave these at the office otherwise.

I'm not. You pigeonholed yourself. Your reply came off as if you were personally offended when the fact is, you completely misunderstood my post. I never said historical zombies would be lame. You assumed that. That's your bad and that's on you bud, not me.

Sorry, mi amigo I don't think it came across that way but I can't control how folks read things or interpet them. That's out of my control.

Fact is, Sideshow went out of their way to establish a brand in The Dead. From the videos, to the whole "conspiracy" aspect, they went above and beyond to sell it as a license with a story and a tag line, "Be Ready." We even see it in the Spook kits with the window clings. This is my point. Halfassing that by releasing historical zombies under the same title completely does away with the pre-established history, story and very aspect of the license. Why the hell would you have to "Be Ready" in "fear of being attacked" by a Knight Zombie, or undead Napoleon?! It doesn't make sense. :huh They should use the opportunity to make a new Sideshow Originals line that doesn't conflict with their existing one.

yeah they have a story that ties most together. Most folks dont know that though. That being said I see your point I really do. It's just that I don't think The Dead is anything more than a generic zombie line. Now, what I think would be fun is to mix some things in and say they're reenactors. Keep it generic. I don't really need an honest Abe or napoleon zombie.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a nice side-by-side pic of one of the Dead LSBs with the PZ PF? Every pic I find has one of them on some kind of shelf or offset riser...

Back