The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested in seeing the total profit on PFs, busts etc vs 1/6. If they sell 2000 1/6 at $15 profit on each, or 1000 PFs for $25 profit, they make more on the 1/6.
True that the 1/6 is more labor intensive however I think they sell more 1/6 than the other mediums, just because collectors can fit more of them.

I would be interested in seeing the total profit on PFs, busts etc vs 1/6. If they sell 2000 1/6 at $15 profit on each, or 1000 PFs for $25 profit, they make more on the 1/6.
True that the 1/6 is more labor intensive however I think they sell more 1/6 than the other mediums, just because collectors can fit more of them.

I would guess they make considerably more than that per unit. I doubt the difference in profit between a 1:6 and a PF is a mere $10, too.

Think about it - Sideshow is a business. If they made more money with the 1:6 figures than the PFs, why would they be dropping 1:6 lines like third period French? It's obvious they make considerably more money with statues and PFs, hence the shift.

Heck, if it wasn't for Star Wars, they probably would have ditched 1:6 figures entirely, and simply distributed Hot Toys products in North America.

the thing is, it likely is more profitable to do 1/6th, BUT for that to work, people've got to buy them.

for people to buy them, they need to make ones that people want to buy.

Here's a solution: continue making Dead figures, and offer a SINGLE exclusive version every few figures. I hope they see this thread. Interest never really died in the 1/6 line... more in the LSB's and PF's (minus Patient Zero of course).

I just got a reg. Spokesman and an ex. Prophet in the mail today! Would've also gotten the reg. Tactical Operator today, had the eBay seller not insured the damn thing for $200 and asked for signature. No one's home on a weekday at 9:30 in the morning... in any case, pics coming soon :)!

At the very least I think they should go back to having them at SDCC. One unique piece once a year much like the Security Guard and Patient Zero.

At the very least I think they should go back to having them at SDCC. One unique piece once a year much like the Security Guard and Patient Zero.

Most definitely. That's what spiked interest in this line more than anything else, the exclusivity.

And the four babysitter variants killed it.

It didn't completely kill it for me but it was so unnecessary. I would have been fine with one variant...even 3 if they would have changed it up a little more but a total of 4 is way out of the line.

I would have love to been in that meeting when they discussed it.

Agreed. Though I didn't collect them it was always great to see what new take they'd churned out. The priest and the butcher were two of their best!

truth. i think the security guard is my favorite.

one a year at spook would be cool. i didn't really get the point of the babysitter variants. the tactical containment troop i could have seen as a better variant maybe...if it were to include different uniform, weapons, etc. but it wouldn't have been as cheap as the sitter probably was to do.

Last edited:
What's sad is that the variants could have worked had they just given us the one thing they needed - alternate heads. I would have gladly bought all four babysitter variants, all three SCU Operators and at least two of the Corporate Spokesmen had they simply given me different heads with each one. That way, I can display them all together and it still makes sense.

Multiple zombie schoolgirls, soldiers and businessmen make sense. Four babysitters with only different hair colours and identical facial wounds does not.

I have the entire line from beginning to end, I bought the four babysitters, even to the point of getting two of the International ones from a French dealer because they didn't admit that they were going to carry her at the time and I got a discount for getting two. I have all the Tactical Officers, all of the Doctors and Businessmen and display them happily. I hung with SSC even as they punted the line and made it non profitable. The fact they aren't even offering one Dead 1/6 as a Spooktacular exclusive this year bothers me more than all the other screw-ups.

The smart thing would have been to shrink the line to a one a year thing and we'd still be salivating. To kill the line already when there is so much they teased and so much left to do really bugs me.

Back