The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they wanted to do a PZ variant it should have been done when he was first released not a couple of years down the road. To me making a PZ variant would be like making a variant of Doom or Iron Man.

I hope it's not a PZ either. If you were late to the game then too bad for you....those are the rules of the game. I was late and paid quite a bit for my PZ as well. PZ should be the grail of the line and those hardcore enough to purchase one for the going rate should have one- not everyone. That is lame. :monkey1

Collecting is about the hunt. If it's easy then it is no fun.

If they wanted to do a PZ variant it should have been done when he was first released not a couple of years down the road. To me making a PZ variant would be like making a variant of Doom or Iron Man.

They unfortunately did it for Iron Man. Partly because of the money potential and for the whiners that missed the first and original one.

An awful lot of people who pay absurd money for a limited-edition product often feel this way. "I paid $500 to get mine, why should you be able to get one for retail?" is just sour grapes that doesn't really do anything to help the collector market or expand the brand.

In the same vein those who say "I don't want to pay $500 for Patient Zero, I'm a faithful fan of The Dead and should have this figure redone for retail" are just sitting cross-legged on the ground pouting because they either can't or are stubbornly refusing to pay what the piece is worth. They are acting like the little kid at TRU who just keeps whining to the parent until they get what they want.

Just a Devil's Advocate moment there....

I paid $300 for my Patient Zero when I got him and in reality would have no problem with a variant release as long as it was something more than PZ with a black shirt!!! If it were something like Stealth PZ or charred PZ or Treatment PZ in medical gowns and came with IVs and such then that'd be fine but in reality we are so far removed from PZ's time frame an unoriginal variant at this point would simply be done to appease those who are still ^^^^^ing about not having a PZ in their collection.

After seeing the variant on 805 I'm not really psyched about the possibility of a Babysitter Variant either though. Enough rehashes let's get some new Zombie blood flowing.

Iron Man is a bad example as we saw Stealth Iron Man released not too long ago....:lol

A PZ Variant is fine as long as they use some originality and not just some different fabric and horrible paint apps. Maybe he can be green.

Might I remind you all those that Stealth Patient Zero is still in the catalog for The Dead. No other April Fool's Joke has been added to the catalog nor stayed this long active...

I just think it is so neat to have a figure be so rare and the start of a line. That means that only 300 people can call their collections complete. It also means that the hunt for a PZ will continue for the others. It has become a grail. Grails are fun to hunt and when they are captured there is no better reward.

A Variant PZ will destroy the integrity of the original in my opinion. Just like the Stealth Iron Man made the original Iron Man less special.

Personally I like the zombies cause they look like zombies. The "official" story is just a marketing ploy. I think Zero is the least cool looking out of the lot and outside of the arm snack isn't that special.

I just think it is so neat to have a figure be so rare and the start of a line. That means that only 300 people can call their collections complete. It also means that the hunt for a PZ will continue for the others. It has become a grail. Grails are fun to hunt and when they are captured there is no better reward.

A Variant PZ will destroy the integrity of the original in my opinion. Just like the Stealth Iron Man made the original Iron Man less special.

I disagree. If you want to further segregate that group there are less than 300 collectors that purchased directly from SSC so they could declare themselves the most authentic collectors.
To me collecting is about accumulating stuff you like.

PZ will always be the dead's grail. a variant be just that , a variant.

You guys are probably right . So if a variant happens then it happens. I will probably buy it as well since I collect the dead...completely. :lol

the funny thing is everyone would still buy a Variant Zero!!! Even those who have the original.

Hey guys, here's my completed Dust custom. I picked up a kitbashed Dust figure on eBay a few weeks back and decided he needed some changes. I'm gonna darken up the blood but here's how he sits now...

Before...
ZooTrip08042.jpg

After...
Custom2008.jpg

Custom2001.jpg

Goth babyistter would rock, PZ variant would rock. those are the only two we don;t have variants of yet. well. i gues it could be the security gaurd, but THAT woul;d be lame.

The Security Guard could be variant'd in many other possibilities.

Mi Familia:

IMG_7455i.jpg

IMG_7456i.jpg

IMG_7457i.jpg

IMG_7459i.jpg

IMG_7460i.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7464.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

Back