The Alien Franchise Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the white xenomorph thing was pretty cool and a nice new addition. I do think Alien could use new looking xenomorphs tbh. Don't know why they haven't capitalized on how the aliens can be different shapes and variations.

Rewatched Alien Covenant Chaos Edition recently, sort of odd thing is Jussie Smollett being in the film is kind of jarring now. Hard to stay immersed without considering his real life scandals, which of course is why no one wants to cast him anymore. Pulls you right out of the film. You see Jussie and it drags you back to real life.

Had never heard of that guy or whatever it is he did...
IMG_0957.jpeg

Rewatched Alien Covenant Chaos Edition recently, sort of odd thing is Jussie Smollett being in the film is kind of jarring now. Hard to stay immersed without considering his real life scandals, which of course is why no one wants to cast him anymore. Pulls you right out of the film. You see Jussie and it drags you back to real life.
He hired David to shout "This is Xeno Country!" before beating him up in order to gain sympathy from the rest of the crew.

I'm digging the Isolation vibes, but the "BEEEOOOOOOWWWWW" thing is so overdone in Alien trailers. It smacks of a franchise that has nothing left to say and is very much set in its ways. Will wait for the official trailer, so far this seems paint by numbers.

The poster doesn't exactly ease that concern either.

1710951682878.jpeg

No the trailer doesn't do anything new, but it does at least make the alien seem terrifying again, which I didn't think would be possible by this point. So I remain optimistic.

Don't think these plot leaks have been shared here. Not sure if these can be trusted, but if they're accurate, Romulus will need some serious writers to 1) make this not sound silly and 2) reconcile it with the other films.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-romulus/

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some additional insights here:

Last edited:
Don't think these plot leaks have been shared here. Not sure if these can be trusted, but if they're accurate, Romulus will need some serious writers to 1) make this not sound silly and 2) reconcile it with the other films.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-romulus/

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some additional insights here:

I've read those leaks before. Not at all enticing.
I'm trying to keep an open mind and hope it turns out good. From the initial info we heard about Prey "a teenage girl breaking the gender norms of her tribe...." etc etc sounded terrible and I had zero hope, yet it turned out to be a very solid movie.
Not a perfect comparison as it's leaks vs early plot synopsis, I just remember going into Prey with very low expectations.
I'm hoping this surprises me too. Those leaks aren't filling me with confidence though.
The teaser was fine.

It looks good. I think the only concern I have is that ADI are involved, and they tend to want to do their own thing as far as the Alien is concerned. The series desperately needs to return to the Giger design aesthetic imo.

It looks good. I think the only concern I have is that ADI are involved, and they tend to want to do their own thing as far as the Alien is concerned. The series desperately needs to return to the Giger design aesthetic imo.
It's Studio Gillis (half of ADI) and Legacy I believe.

I'd just love to see humanoid legs on an Alien again, enough with the T-Rex aesthetic.

Back