The Alien Franchise Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That newborn alien thing was disgusting to me as a kid and me now. That whole death serene is gross to me and honestly the whole movie was disgusting to me tbh.

I think we were supposed to feel sympathy for the Jolly Roger because it was part human? Kill that thing with fire. No mercy.

What a bonehead idea anyway. Take this horrible species and cross it with humans, the most unpleasant, violent, destructive species in this quadrant of the galaxy? Good job. It would be like us crossing a honey badger with a great white.

I think we were supposed to feel sympathy for the Jolly Roger because it was part human? Kill that thing with fire. No mercy.

What a bonehead idea anyway. Take this horrible species and cross it with humans, the most unpleasant, violent, destructive species in this quadrant of the galaxy? Good job. It would be like us crossing a honey badger with a great white.
Felt no sympathy that thing was hideous. It’s death was absolutely disgusting I don’t know how you’re supposed to sympathize with that lol.

Popped up in my youtube feed

Man, if Biehn was not named in this video I would not have recognized him. Either his face or his voice.

He is 66 now though. Getting older is a real bi-ach. Speaking from experience.

That being said, I really wish a good sequel to Aliens would be made. Just drop Alien 3 (and everything after) from the timeline and bring back Weaver, Biehn and a good actress to play Newt and kick some Alien a$$.

Man, if Biehn was not named in this video I would not have recognized him. Either his face or his voice.

He is 66 now though. Getting older is a real bi-ach. Speaking from experience.

That being said, I really wish a good sequel to Aliens would be made. Just drop Alien 3 (and everything after) from the timeline and bring back Weaver, Biehn and a good actress to play Newt and kick some Alien a$$.
He's looking and sounding older now for sure. You may not have seen but he was on the Michael Rosenbaum podcast recently where he mentioned that he'd had a stroke, which I'd kinda suspected based on his mouth specifically.

He's looking and sounding older now for sure. You may not have seen but he was on the Michael Rosenbaum podcast recently where he mentioned that he'd had a stroke, which I'd kinda suspected based on his mouth specifically.
Oh, I didn't know that. Sad to hear. They should have made "Alien 5" back in 2016ish I think when Biehn announced it was going to be produced. Seven years ago both he and Weaver would have been in a lot better shape to do that movie. To make the movie now may not be possible anymore. Weaver still looks pretty good for her age though so she could possibly still pull off Ripley but Biehn may not be up for it anymore. Then again, Harrison Ford is 80 and has donned the fedora again for another Indy movie so who knows.

Be careful what you wish for...
Yeah, not saying it's a good thing. From what I have heard about the Dial of Destiny it will probably be a steaming pile that is insulting to both Ford and the Indiana Jones character. Standard Disney SOP. They would probably give an Aliens sequel the same treatment.

I don't know if I want another Alien movie let alone having the old cast return, is there story worth telling beyond "Hey, remember this?" especially for a film franchise so spotty like Alien. Covenant and Prometheus just left a bad taste in my mouth and I'd rather see a fresh movie that's not trying to tie things together or bring the old cast back.

The only Alien-related thing I enjoyed in the past 20-30 years was Alien Isolation, and even then I only just discovered it during the pandemic because I mistakenly listened to boneheaded opinions that it was terrible (thanks IGN!)

Some Aliens behind the scenes pics!

nKNBBZm.jpg

ttxnOIZ.jpg

jUC1qlR.jpg

O7sBCOS.jpg

AZlu3HM.jpg

I don't know if I want another Alien movie let alone having the old cast return, is there story worth telling beyond "Hey, remember this?" especially for a film franchise so spotty like Alien. Covenant and Prometheus just left a bad taste in my mouth and I'd rather see a fresh movie that's not trying to tie things together or bring the old cast back.

The only Alien-related thing I enjoyed in the past 20-30 years was Alien Isolation, and even then I only just discovered it during the pandemic because I mistakenly listened to boneheaded opinions that it was terrible (thanks IGN!)

I've no clue what Alien: Romulus will be about (I suspect 'Romulus' might be a placeholder name, we'll see). It was good to see though, in the one image that has been released, it has some Alien: Isolation elements...
- the Save Game phonebox
- Aliens-style Weyland Yutani logo, indicates that the movie is set between Alien and Aliens
- Similar ceiling-hung signage that appears to say 'Genetic Lab'

Romulus.png

Last edited:
Back