The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, man! I haven't watched most of your stuff but I came across some of your videos right when I started, when I was looking for reviews of Squadts.

image.jpg
Enjoying Von

Got my VON on Friday - rescued him from the communal mail drop-box where he would no doubt turned into a gooey mess in the crazy heat. Set him up on the 3A shelf next to Maruis de Plume. Trench coat is soft and supply pleather - hope it doesn't dry out and fall apart. The only complaint I have at the moment is that I'm not crazy about how the tanks sit on his back - the hosing would have required more precise/specific bends to make sure the tanks stay oriented vertically.

looks like a propaganda poster there Thainitty, dope.:clap

not yet inhand myself but all agree tank design is horrible. i also think using the exact same nom trinity stencil logo on both tanks is lazy since they both have exact drips and to then use that again on the embroidery patch is.... ughhhh. is like they dont even care and phoned it in. why would the logo have paint style drips on a patch?

Got my VON NOM today. Decent figure, but could be more weathered. The coat is nice, although I can't button it closed (his underclothes - pouches, vest, etc., are too bulky). The coat material is very nice though (I was worried it would be too stiff, but is very soft and pliable, as mentioned in posts above).

The hoses/tanks are annoying. They barely stay in the coat. I prefer the older style OG NOM/NOM4 style tubes that connect to belt pouches.

Overall, this entire 3AA pack seemed very lackluster. A very cool "There" post card, but other than that, nothing special.

Yeah the tanks are annoying, I've found that if I run one tube under the arms and one over the arms the tanks stay in place better.

True i would say the same after year 2 of the company but the difference i see is the lack of commenting. Some of those threads hadnt been replied to in months. But back in the day all those threads were popping with people complaining, people pumped up, etc. It feels like most or meh.

And yes that is my channel!

Ahhhhhhh the good old days!
At least we will always have Beijing!
I can still remember how pissed you were at getting into that fake taxi bwahahahahahahahaha

So I guess they didn't have any other THUG stock to out on Bamba? Looks like I'll never own those guys then. What horse ****.

This is a personal thing obviously, but I own the black THUG suit in 1/6 and you're not missing much. Sure, it's a cool robot, but it's not particularly well-engineered.

I own it as well. It's more of the "**** you" that I'm upset about because of 3As tendency to make all this **** impossible to get. They made what, 4 variants to sell at SDCC? Or was it 5? And literally none of them are sold online except a single listing of scalper price on eBay.

Nice video. On the fence with that G1 Prime, really not made up my mind on it from the images so far. Interested to see what the Megatron to partner it is like.

That movie Prime is off the chart, but too rich for my blood. And the 1/6 Dredd, that is an definite purchase :)

Back