The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos.

I think the Adventure Kartel range works the best in groups on the shelves, you can pull off some great mash ups that work well....and besides who doesn't love zombies...been there since 2008 collecting their figures and still enjoy it to this day.

I'm being hyper-selective with what I'm adding to my wanted list and after 1.5 weeks it's already a LOT bigger than I ever expected it to be. Oh oh.

sorry for the photo bomb. I'm a pretty big EMGY groupie, just made this a little while ago, 1/6th scale.
16089419909_e57990d0a9_b.jpg

I hope you're displaying them in big space with open air, i couldn't really stand the 3A figure smells, and i felt everytime i handle 1, my lungs chill, i'm not sure if it's the thinner (which should have dried out long time ago) or the materials/paint they used, i don't have this problem with other toys but whenever i handle a 3A figure i get that, and i only have 3 of them including those 1/12.

3A figures, depending on the model, have much more paint than many other company's products, so that could be one reason for the extra vapors. Sideshow's figures over the past year have been pretty stinky in the same way: Tusken Raider, Snowtrooper, Vader Deluxe to name just three.

The message announcing the shut down is pretty curt and doesn't really shed any light on why the forums are being axed.

update: now people are quoting Ash directly as saying that they're hoping to keep the forum around as long as possible and implement another solution (paraphrasing here). Big unknown what's going down.

Last edited:
Thought I'd update with the list of figures I'll have in my hand within the next couple of weeks - I did say these lines were addictive right?

Ankou EX - Dirty Swine Thruxton Army Hire
Armstrong - P Floyd (WWRp 1/12)
TK Underverse Hacker Shosuke
Popbot Universal/Classic with Kitty
Johnson! Ankou
Oppenheimer the G.I.D. Zomb

Already thinking up ways to set these figures up and how I can make my work projects fit in with them nicely.

Thought I'd update with the list of figures I'll have in my hand within the next couple of weeks - I did say these lines were addictive right?

Ankou EX - Dirty Swine Thruxton Army Hire
Armstrong - P Floyd (WWRp 1/12)
TK Underverse Hacker Shosuke
Popbot Universal/Classic with Kitty
Johnson! Ankou
Oppenheimer the G.I.D. Zomb

Already thinking up ways to set these figures up and how I can make my work projects fit in with them nicely.

Nice list of incoming figures, Pixel! ThreeA is what initially got me collecting - my (now) wife got me two of the Dropcloth figures years ago for Christmas. Have fun w/ them. I love mine I've collected over the years, and very cool to see the recent expanding of licenses for both ThreeA and ThreeZero.

The message announcing the shut down is pretty curt and doesn't really shed any light on why the forums are being axed.

update: now people are quoting Ash directly as saying that they're hoping to keep the forum around as long as possible and implement another solution (paraphrasing here). Big unknown what's going down.
I'm guessing it's getting so little traffic it's just not worth keeping them up anymore.

There are 2 or 3 main 3A FB groups and that pretty much cover all the news and stuff, that's maybe why no one visits the outpost anymore.

I'm guessing it's getting so little traffic it's just not worth keeping them up anymore.

Maybe, but 75 concurrent visitors isn't bad for a forum like that. If I were responsible for admin duties I'd merge a number of the sub-forums as having them split discourages participation IMO. I think they could easily be cut by 1/3, possibly even half.

IMO, Facebook will always be a predominantly shallow 1-sided experience. It's not a platform that lends itself to long-tail discussion and the building out of reference-class resources. Participation also drives a lot more revenue to Facebook than it does to 3A.

IMO, Facebook will always be a predominantly shallow 1-sided experience. It's not a platform that lends itself to long-tail discussion and the building out of reference-class resources. Participation also drives a lot more revenue to Facebook than it does to 3A.
On the contrary, on the FB forums there's a lot more honesty and criticism than on the outpost, which is odd considering there's no anonymity on FB.

But the outpost has a mentality of "You're in Ash's house, careful with what you say", while on the FB groups I've seen an increasing amount criticism for Ash's practices, release choices, QC complaints, I've actually found there's more of a comradery feel and made more "internet friends" on the FB groups than on the outpost, and I've been on the outpost for years.

I joined Facebook with an alias for the sole purpose of participating in the BST group. Groups are not in any way a replacement for a forum, they're nothing more than a simple commenting system. Sure, you might meet a lot of people on Facebook (even in general) but it doesn't change the technical and usability limitations of the Facebook platform. It's not built for the same purposes and it can't replace something like vB.

Two of the admins at the forum have now come forward to state they've set up a new unofficial forum. However, the issues as I see it are that they don't appear to have a plan in place to migrate the current database of posts and members, and they've set up at a hosted platform, so they don't have control of their own server environment nor domain name. Two critical mistakes, IMO.

This does make it pretty clear however that 3A as a company no longer has plans to have its own forum. Something I find very much against the spirit they've exhibited in the past, what with their 3AA membership and community-focused practises.

Check the other FB groups, ThreeA legion, AP legion and the customs and kitbashes, they're active all day, posting pics, posting comments, there isn't much of "discussion" on the outpost to begin with, I believe you get a much better view of the 3A fanbase on the FB groups than on the outpost, that may have been different in the past but not anymore.

But you're right, you can't beat the vB format.

I briefly checked those out and will likely subscribe to one of them if for nothing else than to help get notified of new developments and releases. The thing with 3A, unlike every other company in this industry, is that you practically need a secret decoder ring to follow along. :) So some type of fan-driven resource is a must.

Yeah, the new licensing is really blurring the lines between ThreeA and ThreeZero even more. One could count on 3A being about Ash's properties specifically in the past.

Does this mean 3A is doing Star Wars?

0d3ae2b8-c43d-4b20-a4d4-0e3b8437216d.jpg

Hopefully this time next week I can tell you all about a new line that not only excites my inner child but gives my adult creative side a huge hit of **** yea! Well here is a little blurry thing, I’m sure some of you can figure it out!

Back