The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw those blurry logos in the news letter. :) Not sure if that's what they are - they're certainly not a match for the three OT movie logos precisely.

Last edited:
Those are all Star Wars logos?

The second and third look like they may be just the Star Wars logo alone, one horizontal and the other one stacked. The first looks like it can be the logo on the top left with something else in a box underneath.

The consensus on the 3A forum at the moment is that these are definitely Star Wars logos, the first possibly being an "Episode VII" logo. There's speculation as to whether they'll produce 1/6 figures, 1/12 or 1/9 (their 8" 3AGO line). However, the thought is that anything smaller than 1/6 would be unlike other existing products, in that they'd be bodies with clothing/armor over top, just like what we're used to in the larger scale. Lots of speculation whether we'll see movie renditions or Ashley Wood interpretations.

We'll find out more in next week's newsletter.

Last edited:
Recently snagged Bleak Mission and Custard. My wanted list has also mushroomed pretty well in the past week. :)

Does this mean 3A is doing Star Wars?

0d3ae2b8-c43d-4b20-a4d4-0e3b8437216d.jpg

Hope it's the 1:12 figures they showed off a few years back. :pray:

San Diego Comic-Con 2011

*Review* 3A’s SDCC 2011 Action Portable Boba Fett (prototype) |

Someone just confirmed it's 1/6 Ashley Wood-stylized figures a couple of hours ago. Since I'm new on the 3A forum, I'm not sure of the track record of the person posting the info.

wouldn't say "confirmed" just yet but kim does have that quote seen on the forum in an interview with the 501st HK division. meaning it's very likely to be true. would be nice if it was the 1/12th ones from 2011, though i would be happy 1/6th... pending what ash wood style ends up being ;) i personally didn't like the 1/6 lonely star warrior thing shown awhile back.

I would welcome stylized versions of some of the characters. I feel like Star Wars gets so overexposed that something different would feel really fresh. I get kind of sick of seeing the same image of darth vader on every cup, box, ad, toy, book, etc.

I'd love 3a stylized figures of star wars.. Imagine the storm troopers... Oh yeah.
Somehow I think they will just be 3a Style weathered exact movie replicas.
Nice, but I'd like to see him do his iron man Ash style take on Star Wars

Somehow I think they will just be 3a Style weathered exact movie replicas.

Pretty sure (like 99.9%) that won't be the case in 1/6. Hot Toys and Sideshow already have that covered very well.

The Iron Man (and Doom) are probably good examples of what to expect.

Just picked up my first five 3A figures today - Bleak and Custard will be delivered tomorrow to my mailbox but I won't have them in hand for a couple of weeks and I should have Johnson Ankou delivered here shortly as well.

SO impressed with every single one of these guys. Honestly, if I had to limit my collecting to only one brand, it would most definitely be 3A.

IMG_1993.jpg

Yup, I pretty much quit every other brand once I got into 3A. When they started arriving at my door back in 2011 I quickly canceled many HT and Sideshow preorders to start my new addiction. Welcome to Hell, especially when you feel you need to catch up and buy many pre-released figures at higher than retail prices.
Some collect certain lines (WWR, AK, Popbot, etc.), but it's easy to collect them all and blend them together. It gets very dangerous now that a new figure seems to be dropping every week or every other week. :rolleyes2

I've thankfully grew out of being a completist back in 1999 while collecting Hasbro Star Wars, so while my list of back-catalog items for 3A is of decent size, it's not insane. ;) I missed a few drops by scarcely a week, so now I'll have to get those aftermarket as well. I have one retail pre-order and I'm waiting for the upcoming Isobelle 2-pack. I'll say that after getting these in hand, my list is going to grow by a couple of zombies and likely a 1/6 Armstrong. The 1/12 is cool and looks like a great bot next to a 1/6 humanoid, but up next to an Ankou-EX it looks tiny. :)

The image I posted doesn't to the Ankou-EX any justice and most of the images I found online have the same lack of scale and gravitas. To show this guy's size I'm going to have to shoot a few photos together with a popular Hot Toys or Sideshow figure. Maybe a shot of his foot in my hand - I swear it's bigger than either of my kids' feet when they were 2 months old.

Evenfall strigoi is up! yellow ver with helmet, a infected engineer Totemnaut(astronaught that worked for TOTEM). If any Ash/3A missed the first orange ver def get one. They are really good, like hard to explain how good but have a ton of character and fun to pose. So creepy! reminds me of the boiler zomb in that way.

Also will come with a booklet illustrated By Ash and written by the very cool Chris Ryall(IDW). More story will be much needed for this new line, stoked bout that.

There will be a red ver at retail also with booklet. Shiny red suit and darker skin tone. Both ver include a helmet. Ash explained that the suits are a one size fits all so when these humans were infected and grew in size/became a strigoi the suits stretched to fit. classic sci fi premise the one size fits all suit stuff.

In the world of evenfall project TOTEM exist to stop the spread of infection and any threats form outerspace. There will be a TOTEM Thug Bot comin next month or soon as well, be great to fight your strigoi. So def more in this line/world comings soon for PO.

EVENFALL - Strigoi Totemnaut Yellow Engineer available now at www.bambalandstore.com
Price: 180USD
Comes with a new Evenfall booklet written by Chris Ryall and illustrated by Ashley Wood!

Back