The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any idea what "Steel Age" refers to?

"Oh yea, cmon, I get to make a storyline within the DC universe with STEEL AGE TOYS, cmon, kudos to Warner/DC for letting me do it!" -Ash Wood

3A is thrilled to announce its collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment. The Greatest DC Comics Super Heroes as you’ve never seen them before! Ashley Wood has envisioned a new universe where the villains have won. The rebirth contingency plan is initiated – Steel Age. Robotic versions of the fallen heroes are forged. Constructed to wage war on crime. A new League to carry on their legacy of Justice. "

Waaaaaaaaaaaat? :panic:

This **** came out of nowhere.

Oh gosh. Damn you, Wood. *Takes out loan*

Those badass "Stormtroopers" we've seen a couple of times recently on the blog; I'm guessing they're just a one-off Ash has cooked up for shows (or his own amusement)...? Or do we think Disney have granted Ash the licence Lucasfilm previously wouldn't?

Those badass "Stormtroopers" we've seen a couple of times recently on the blog; I'm guessing they're just a one-off Ash has cooked up for shows (or his own amusement)...? Or do we think Disney have granted Ash the licence Lucasfilm previously wouldn't?

10454067_589852381135110_8916877631280470975_o.jpg

i dont think SW fans used that word tbh...just bad.:lol

10454067_589852381135110_8916877631280470975_o.jpg

i dont think SW fans used that word tbh...just bad.:lol

Lol well why doesn't that surprise me.. Yeh I saw that on the blog and thought, I'd buy one! But I suppose the careful lack of reference to "Star Wars" means it's just something Ash has done because he felt like it.

The Good: Received my Dead Cosmonaut Golovorez today! He looks totally badass, instant favourite 3A design.

The Bad: He can't stand up - or hold any kind of pose - worth a damn. Massively top/back heavy, no weight to the boots and the knee joints are beyond floppy :( Pretty irritating that I'll either have to get a stand, or have to get the flight suit etc off and then try and stiffen up the knee joints.

The Good: Received my Dead Cosmonaut Golovorez today! He looks totally badass, instant favourite 3A design.

The Bad: He can't stand up - or hold any kind of pose - worth a damn. Massively top/back heavy, no weight to the boots and the knee joints are beyond floppy :( Pretty irritating that I'll either have to get a stand, or have to get the flight suit etc off and then try and stiffen up the knee joints.

I've found the same issue with a lot of 3A stuff. Even if the joints start out stiff the eventually get so loose that all but the most balanced poses are impossible. How does one "stiffen up the joints"?

They lack the complex hybrid vinyl/plastic joints that they copied from the Hot Toys body. So the fiction of the joint is now just much more brittle plastic that wears more easily. So you end up with a mix of overly loose and overly tight (sometimes immovable) joints. At least that's my theory.

To be honest, I've had no real issues with any other 3A toys - not that I've got loads, but of the 8 or 9 I've had in total over the years, this is the only one with what I'd call a major problem (the other I had with an issue was Little Shadow, who had a snapped wrist out the box :-/). All the others I've had have always had solid joints - even my Heavy Bramble, which I've heard other people complain about.

As for stiffening loose joints - I think there are various methods, but a bit of disassembly and then using a bit of clear nail varnish can do it, or even just a very thin dab of glue. Left to dry before reassembling, obvs :) If it works for Transformers, I'll find a way to make it work on a 3A body.

However, I can't honestly say it's acceptable that anyone should need to do that. These may not cost telephone numbers, but they're not a tenner's worth of toy either.

Back