The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley isn't making a grab at anything. His artwork has always had an erotic tilt to it and has always been as heavy on the sexy ladies as it is on robots. One of the earliest figures he wanted to make and is only just making now is Lasstronaut, a chick in a spacesuit top with no pants. The toys are just an extension of that. Not for everyone no doubt but it's a core of what he's into from an art standpoint and by no means anything new from him.

He states it all the time, ThreeA isn't going after mainstream customers. If you take him at his word (which I choose to do) he just keeps making the stuff he wants himself.

I suspect the reason we see iterative runs of certain figures is that he does one, likes the way it came out and it inspires him to do variations on it. Not unlike how many artists will do a series of paintings all in a similar stye and subject.

As far as I'm concerned that sector of Ash's artwork is little different from the 'art' doodled in public toilets, in quality or inspiration.. there is nothing 'erotic' about them whatsoever.
ThreeA's robot work is excellent.. the tediously obvious, pron queens should be marketed under a different label.. since they are clearly aimed at a different customer base.

Fair enough not liking it, but it's been part of ThreeA since the beginning. So it's fair to not like it but unfair to say it shouldn't be made.

It just took awhile to develop a new 1/6 female body so stuff like that wasn't produced super early in the line but Lasstronaut was one of the first things talked about. She and the Blind Cowboy I think were among the earliest figures discussed.

Just putting it out there, anybody interested in a 1/6 TQ (Tomorrow Queen) Loper (Chase figure)? Grey figure with a snow jacket with hoodie.

Yeah that too has been part of 3A since the beginning and it does irritate me sometimes. I hate having to work to buy something.

Fair enough not liking it, but it's been part of ThreeA since the beginning. So it's fair to not like it but unfair to say it shouldn't be made.

It just took awhile to develop a new 1/6 female body so stuff like that wasn't produced super early in the line but Lasstronaut was one of the first things talked about. She and the Blind Cowboy I think were among the earliest figures discussed.

I didn't say it shouldn't be made, I said fetish fans should have a distinct and separate branding for their figures.. I know what Bishoujo figures are, I just have no interest in fetish dolls.. no matter how long they have been in development or how 'artistic and edgy' Ash wants to delude himself, pron figures are.

You are saying they shouldn't be made by ThreeA though, which I don't think is reasonable. ThreeA is a company Ashley Wood founded to make the stuff he wanted to make that no one else would. That's kind of the whole point.

You are saying they shouldn't be made by ThreeA though, which I don't think is reasonable. ThreeA is a company Ashley Wood founded to make the stuff he wanted to make that no one else would. That's kind of the whole point.

So labeling them ThreeW, would cause Ash's world to implode?.. rather than being a rather apt brand.. and Threezero existed before Ash.. how incredibly creative to change the 'zero' for an 'A'... *golf claps Ash's originality (and modesty)*

And someone should change their branding just to satisfy you? Would you demand they be sold in a different web store as well?

Again, it's all fine and good that you don't like everything that 3A makes but again I don't think it's reasonable to make demands about what they make and how they brand/sell it.

And someone should change their branding just to satisfy you? Would you demand they be sold in a different web store as well?

Again, it's all fine and good that you don't like everything that 3A makes but again I don't think it's reasonable to make demands about what they make and how they brand/sell it.

As soon as you stick a 'strap on' on your dollies.. you are taking it to a whole different level from 'bum freezer' skirts with panties on show.. which frankly was pretty sad anyway.

As soon as you stick a 'strap on' on your dollies.. you are taking it to a whole different level from 'bum freezer' skirts with panties on show.. which frankly was pretty sad anyway.

That's why they are sold under the Isobelle line, and not, say, World War Robot. It's all ThreeA because it's all Ashley Wood's designs, and he has different lines for different kinds of figures. You sound like you don't like them, so you don't think he should sell them in the same place as his other toys, which is just silly. Buy what you like, but the guy can offer whatever toys he wants on his site. I don't like the severed feet so I don't buy them, but I have no problem with them being offered on Bambaland. The strap on isn't even a new part. It was first used in the SXCLB Adventure Kartel set like two years ago.

That's why they are sold under the Isobelle line, and not, say, World War Robot. It's all ThreeA because it's all Ashley Wood's designs, and he has different lines for different kinds of figures. You sound like you don't like them, so you don't think he should sell them in the same place as his other toys, which is just silly. Buy what you like, but the guy can offer whatever toys he wants on his site. I don't like the severed feet so I don't buy them, but I have no problem with them being offered on Bambaland. The strap on isn't even a new part. It was first used in the SXCLB Adventure Kartel set like two years ago.

Good thing I only buy the robots, which looks like a single 1/6 of interest, so far for 2014.. means I will have a lot more money to send to Hot Toys, rather than Ashley 'Does this dolly give you' Wood.

Ash does what he wants. i respect that alot, sometimes i dont like but most of the time i do. but he always does what he wants consequences be damned. think the pascha line is yet another clear example of that.

I respect original and artistic creativity.. pron is just catering to the lowest common denominator, which makes me wonder if Ash is running out of ideas.. there is nothing new or edgy about the fact s** sells.. in fact its rather sad that in this day and age, people still use it as a marketing gimmick, when the creativity is running on empty.

Edit - Was Ashley's hissy fit over comments regarding the obviously neo-fascist iconography of the Rothchild figure, an example of him being all brave and damning the consequences?.. didn't look like it....

Last edited:
ok roth is a nod to joy division, one of ash fav bands. and he has been drawing pron type images now for yrs long before he had a toy company. :)

one of his early art books was called 48 nudes......

joy div-
https://www.mcgsbackroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/joy_division-208257.jpg

Regardless of the rather weak Joy Division excuse.. lets face it, they borrowed the (lets be generous) 1930s look too.. Ash would have been far more sensible to say: "Rothchild's company makes Battlefield Robots.. of course he is a bit of a fascist!"

I am making the point that a lot of Ash's WWR fans are not interested in his tawdry, schoolboy obsession with s** and drawing graphically lewd pictures.. it isn't erotic.. it isn't s**y.. its just sad.. and If you own a large collection of such figures / prints, any woman you invite back to your home (if she isn't a paid up member of the Fetish club) is going to wonder if you are already on a S** Offender's list or if the authorities simply haven't caught up with you yet...

I am making the point that a lot of Ash's WWR fans are not interested in his tawdry, schoolboy obsession

That's the whole thing, though. His WWR collectors and collectors of his other lines don't have to be the same people. That's the beauty of it. You can like one and not the other, but he's not going to make one kind of art bc/ the fans of another kind don't like it. You just sound super uptight and upset over something that has no impact on you.

That's the whole thing, though. His WWR collectors and collectors of his other lines don't have to be the same people. That's the beauty of it. You can like one and not the other, but he's not going to make one kind of art bc/ the fans of another kind don't like it. You just sound super uptight and upset over something that has no impact on you.

I get the promotional emails for the pron figures, just the same as the robots.. I don't have an opt out.. which was the point I was making about branding, at least then I could opt out of the 'w**k fantasy' figure promotions.

With the greatest respect, there is nothing uptight about being able to distinguish between real s** with your significant other ..and collections of fantasy figures and prints.

Anyone have these guys? Amazon has what seems to be a really low price on them

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009X9R5V6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

Back