The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh damn they're shipping by surface? ****, that sucks. After so long it's a bummer it's going to be even longer.

Yeah I see the product line picked for 3aa this year isn't something I'm interested in. Can't see myself buying too many large items so I probably won't bite for the 15%.

stoked bout the new marquis de plume! not a disciple but a plume then, wonder if it will be very diff to the original plume design.

For 3AA 2014, I'm really excited for several things. The Marvel line.. The final few 7 Bones.. TK Archer.. new MK Berties.. Lassy.. and like Kuma Pascha, I'm sure there will be several other things to come along that I didn't anticipate.. but will break down and buy anyway. I've already got the change set aside for it.. just waiting on the 15th!

Thanks for the advice :) How much is the 3aa membership usually?

Membership for 2012 and 2013 were $180 each. Both came with 1/6 figures and some 1:1 apparels hence the prices.
Membership for 2011 was $150 and it came with an 1/12 APTK Oyabun... and I got a TK Oyabun Yama for that year.

3AA 2014 will also comes with a 1/6 figure so I would reckon it'll be $180 and up. Lets see.

most sales are through bambalandstore.com However, from time to time they will have retail releases that you can get from SS or BBTS etc...

Membership last year was $160 I believe.. minus 15% if you're renewing. I'm down for another year. I bought less this year.. certainly less than my first year.. but still save money in the long run. Plus.. Lassy!
to me your not saving money having to renew EVERYYEAR for $150
i bought 6 items from threea this year and to me i saved about $25 on each item, which saved me the $150 but that went towards the membership..

they need to update the discount to 25%. the point of discounts is saving, NOT BREAKING EVEN.
i know the membership comes with stuff that validates the pricetag. but i don't ant that stuff.

i am disappointed by their recent shipping update...

Last edited:
to me your not saving money having to renew EVERYYEAR for $150
i bought 6 items from threea this year and to me i saved about $25 on each item, which saved me the $150 but that went towards the membership..

they need to update the discount to 25%. the point of discounts is saving, NOT BREAKING EVEN.
i know the membership comes with stuff that validates the pricetag. but i don't ant that stuff.

i am disappointed by their recent shipping update...

To put it the other way around. You did not buy the membership for 2013 but you still go ahead and got your 6 items throughout the year. You end up say paying $600 for 6 items. If you got a membership, you end up paying $600 for 7 items. No doubt the membership item may not be something you wanted. Do you rather end up with 6 items or 7 items? Your choice on how you spend your money.
And I'm pretty freakin' sure if you sell your membership item for 1/2 the retail price, it will fly it off your hand before you even knew it. And if you do that, your 6 items now could only mean $550... money saved?
You do the math.

25% discount? :rotfl

On the recent shipping update, I'm with you.
TK Edo set should have been included already. What's holding those up?

On the recent shipping update, I'm with you.
TK Edo set should have been included already. What's holding those up?

I think Harold has been holding up everything else, kinda like the Portable Martins did a couple years ago. These huge bot waves with many colorways seem to take a lot more out of the factory than the 1/6 character figures do. I would expect that we see a lot of catch up on shipping after CNY and Harolds are out the door.

thank s but can you explain SS and BBTS.
thank s

Sideshow and Big Bad Toy Store (and other online shops) will receive special "retail only" versions of figures/bots/etc. (retail 1/12 WWRp Caesar figures), as well as certain figures that are originally available on Bambaland are later released to online retail stores (Blind Cowboy w/horse is one example). Also, the licensed figures (Halo, Portal 2, Real Steel) are released through online shops as well as on Bambaland.

The best prices are usually found on Bambaland (especially if you are 3AA with the 15% discount) because they also include international shipping.

How so? What were you hoping to see ship out?

I'm glad that Harold is finally shipping. That took just about a year to happen.
here is what Im waiting for

***** got real JC (2 months)
Red edo (5 months)
lost planet 1/6 figure(6 months)
atlas and p-body (7 months)

i was thinking that JC was a pre built figure and easy to produce. same with red edo and the other 2 being past 6 months. they could show an update.

I hope that one of these gets to be at the end of January.

25% discount? :rotfl
i know it sounds a little silly but to me =

they could increase the price of the figures without 3aa.. and by doing that they could increase the member ship to 25% and doing that might get more people to bite.

looking at past threea, their figures used to cost on average $80-100.. NOW they cost $120'ish WITH the discount..

to me 2013 wasn't that great of a year for 3aa other than 15% savings and tkklub. only 3aa stuff i can think of are colorways.

I thought TKlub was a pretty big part of 3AA only. Oroshi & Nage are prolly my fav sixth-scale this year. I gotta think about it proper (as Hulk would be up there too), but they are definitely ones I have always gone back to. They were each about $100 shipped, which beats everything out there (I generally pay $US30-70 shipping).

Can anyone point me in the direction of the 3a official forum? The one monitored by gimbat etc... I was posting there, then left for a bit and now it is all gone. I go to bamaland and and can't even find a link to the forum.

Back