The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks. So I've just discovered WWR and I think I may be doomed.

I'm currently looking at several different figures, but I'm debating on whether I should go with 1/6 and figure out where to stick them or go with 1/12 and not have to worry about space.

How is the overall quality difference between the scales? Have you guys had trouble displaying the larger pieces without stands? (I hate stands!)

Not much difference in scale as quality, well maybe some with 1/12 clothes. Otherwise bots, very simular. I have some 1/12 WWRp for sale if interested. I have the Daywatch Night Watch DIY WWRp large martin set sealed as well as one of the large martin bramble sets.

I'm currently looking at several different figures, but I'm debating on whether I should go with 1/6 and figure out where to stick them or go with 1/12 and not have to worry about space.

How is the overall quality difference between the scales? Have you guys had trouble displaying the larger pieces without stands? (I hate stands!)

Never use stands myself and have lots of 3a 1/6 in my display your all good there. 3a 1/12 figs are the best I've seen. Especially their human figs. Go with what u can afford and/ or have room for.

WWR are getting too expensive. The 1/12 are much cheaper but it's getting heated up as most collectors can't find/afford the 1/6 versions.

The original retail price are affordable but not reselling market.

Better invest your money on a Takara Kerberos or Dragon. Oh wait they already costing $300 onwards...

3a is not interested in being mainstream, so that's why there's no retail nor re-releases, which increases the price, if u want the best prices, you'd have to follow the blog to be up to speed in the releases.

Portable figures are just as good as the 1/6 line cept for some instances like the grunts which have removable masks in 1/6 and lack that feature in portable.

Personally I find the portable line way more fun, I have a weak spot for 6" figures.

Thanks for the input. Today I took the plunge and ordered the JEA Caesar, Bertie, and Dropcloth with the Mark 1 and 2 cubes, all in 1/6. Gonna have to clear some space :)

I think he just did. And some JEA collector must also be downsizing. Great score. I thought that was the Meat is Murder set at first, but the Caesar & Bertie are my favourite combo.

And then there will be Harold...

I go for shelf presence, but the smaller ones do look just as good, and are much easier to play with.

I think he just did. And some JEA collector must also be downsizing. Great score. I thought that was the Meat is Murder set at first, but the Caesar & Bertie are my favourite combo.

And then there will be Harold...

I go for shelf presence, but the smaller ones do look just as good, and are much easier to play with.

Who is this Harold you speak of?

That would be this chap, was put up for sale I believe January of last year and still hasn't shipped yet :(.

Image%202013.12.23%2010%3A55%3A59%20AM.jpeg

Yeah that's the one I have on PO. Can't wait to add him to my Deep Powder guys.

Welcome to 3A collecting! Say goodbye to your wallet.

I started collecting 3A about a year and a half ago - my unsolicited advice - go slowly! You will be able to find a lot of 3A stuff at reasonable prices right now, but a lot of the stuff will keep popping up, unless you're looking for OG releases.

Also - 3AA membership (3A's exclusive membership club) goes on sale January 15th. I highly recommend you buy this when it's released, if for no other reason than you will get a 15% discount on all bambaland purchases.

Good luck and happy collecting!

Welcome to 3A collecting! Say goodbye to your wallet.

I started collecting 3A about a year and a half ago - my unsolicited advice - go slowly! You will be able to find a lot of 3A stuff at reasonable prices right now, but a lot of the stuff will keep popping up, unless you're looking for OG releases.

Also - 3AA membership (3A's exclusive membership club) goes on sale January 15th. I highly recommend you buy this when it's released, if for no other reason than you will get a 15% discount on all bambaland purchases.

Good luck and happy collecting!

Thanks for the advice :) How much is the 3aa membership usually?

Thanks for the advice :) How much is the 3aa membership usually?

It's like $120-150 kind of range I believe. It's only worth it if you love Lot of the stuff IMO

Also what you get with membership changes every year.
Personally I only like the adventure cartel stuff, and I didn't like what came with member ship last year so I skipped it

Membership last year was $160 I believe.. minus 15% if you're renewing. I'm down for another year. I bought less this year.. certainly less than my first year.. but still save money in the long run. Plus.. Lassy!

As for Harold, it's kind of a shame these sets will be coming by sea.. Everyone (who lives nowhere near Hong Kong) should add 3-6 weeks to their wait time. I didn't order one at drop due to funds.. but I want to pick up a WWRp on the aftermarket.

Back