The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the most silliest toy sale ever is bambaland, makes no sense. the people that need stuff never get it even with their membership.

Thanks. I will have to wait for regular version Lady Sham. Man, do I want her!

I see the RV exclusives are up on eBay for big time money. So much for AW holding back the flippers. :(

He doesn't hold them back. ThreeA's business practices encourage flipping. There's really little reason not to. You can sell back something almost immediately for anywhere from double to three or four times the price you paid and if you have any real interest with the figure you can just buy a variant that reuses the exact same sculpt. No one is to blame but ThreeA. They do this to themselves. There is no reason to do these ridiculously impractical limited sales except to encourage the few that do manage to get the figures to resell them.

Hell even though I had wanted Sham or TK, I honestly would turn around and sell them too if they are worth as much as the Ebay buyers are making them out to be. It was the same with the EMGY Trooper. I really wanted that figure and was happy when I got it at the drop, but then people were offering upwards of four hundred dollars for them? How could I refuse? I rather sell that and buy two to three wonderful figures than just have something that is 90% identical to all the other dirt cheap ones you could get.

That and the fans are also to blame. Seriously the people willing to spend over fifty dollars more than the retail price are exactly why the flippers see such a great market with ThreeA. It is easy cash. The company refuses to give the buyers the products they actually want to buy while the buyers are so trigger happy for the products that those who do manage to get them can resell them for absurd prices.

I dunno. AW makes it sound like he is against flipping. He certainly doesn't make any money off of the grey market and I'm sure he'd love to see more of that cashola in his own pocket instead of some eBay reseller shmuck (unless he is somehow the one doing the all flipping lol--that would be a nice racket).

The main reason for the flipping is certainly the fans. They are freaking nutso when it comes to shelling out big bucks for some of these figs.

When I was looking for Wasabi, the price jumped up from $160 or so right well over $200+ just because suddenly a few new guys apparently jumped in and decided they absolutely needed this figure in their collection.

The main reason for the low numbers is that 3A is a small company with limited resources. That and they tend to recycle parts (thanks to the "ingenious" storyline of cloning and variants of the same character in pretty much all the themes) and they don't want to flood the market all at once with TKs TQs and the like.

I dunno how much longer they can continue using the "small company" defense now that they are doing big time licenses like Halo and Valve though.

I dunno how much longer they can continue using the "small company" defense now that they are doing big time licenses like Halo and Valve though.

I'd assume as long as they want to...

Licenced stuff is sold elsewhere to recoup any licencing fees. They're produced in higher numbers, sold at retail, and thus are much easier to get our hands on. I assume they will continue to sell their own stuff exclusively on bamba for 24hours. Which i'm fine with. Based on invoice order numbers, it seems each figure they sell has a world wide production run of 1000 or less. They're collectables that are actually collectable...i'm happy.

Received my AK figures from Sideshow. Really liking the look and feel of them. Picked up Junglevet, Penumbra and Tommy Red. Anyone else get them from SS as these weren't sealed and have their own shipper like normal THreeA figures. Is this the norm for retail versions?

Received my AK figures from Sideshow. Really liking the look and feel of them. Picked up Junglevet, Penumbra and Tommy Red. Anyone else get them from SS as these weren't sealed and have their own shipper like normal THreeA figures. Is this the norm for retail versions?

My Penumbra was the same way: She came unsealed, no shrinkwrap. I got the rest of them from another retailer and they were all shrinkwrapped, so I think It's just Sideshow.

All my AK retails I got from 3A came unsealed

My Tommy Red came sealed. :dunno

Penumbra and Shadow II did not. :dunno

All were from SSC.

Might have something to do with the production problems that caused the delay, and 3A wanting to pump these out to get into the retailers' hands.

My Tommy Red came sealed. :dunno

Penumbra and Shadow II did not. :dunno

All were from SSC.

Might have something to do with the production problems that caused the delay, and 3A wanting to pump these out to get into the retailers' hands.

Did yours come from Sideshow?
Man I need a Shadow 2

My Tommy Red came Unsealed :dunno

And also Finally Arrives this Sexy Queen !

MastterDSC_0140_1.jpg

Back