The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$85 is a great price if its the carded figure and a bit high if its the figure from the 3 pack. Either way, its worth what your willing to pay for it. All you can do is consider the sale price of the figure and i think the 3 pack was $135.

FYI: if anyone has an interest I posted a vid of my collection https://youtu.be/4HgsYD4R4mg

That fighting jesus pose is godly! At 1:24 is that a grunt that is sat down looking thoughtful? what head is that (does it have sunglasses?) also do the grunt bodies come weathered like the arms there (just piqued my interest in a grunt with that pose lol!)

Thanks guys glad you enjoyed it.

Yes That is a grunt and he is wearing sunglasses. I took an extra pair of Kim (NOM Commander) glasses and painted the lenses black.

Lord Piper, your collection is most impressive. I have to agree with others in this thread, the poses are particularly striking.

This guy is high end folks, listen to his podcast. Good stuff. :wave

Aww, thanks for the plug, man. Thanks for continuing to support our little show!

We just recorded last night and spent some time talking about the upcoming Rothchild figure. I can't wait to finally see the head reveal on that guy. There's something so cool about finally getting the chance to own the evil bastard responsible for creating all the World War Robots. When Ash described him as a demented Ian Curtis, my interest level went trough the roof.

Anyone else pumped for Roth?

Sooo excited for Roth! I cannot WAIT to see the images in tomorrow's Vox - hopefully it'll be here waiting for me when I get back from a movie my friend and I are going to tonight. :panic:

Hey Tiger! :D I'm so so so happy with how Roth looks, I absolutely love him and his first name is too cute. I really love the funeral version but I'm not in 3AA yet ;(

Just got my Badbot in, holy cow is he awesome. Very much an iron giant. Question though to those that own him, were the tubes around the abdomen supposed to be tacky? The paint on mine were sticky and I could wipe it off with a paper towel. Hmm...

Just got my Badbot in, holy cow is he awesome. Very much an iron giant. Question though to those that own him, were the tubes around the abdomen supposed to be tacky? The paint on mine were sticky and I could wipe it off with a paper towel. Hmm...

Tacky paint can be pretty common and I've heard people mention in on the Popbot/Badbots. Both the boots and gloves on my Bleak were tacky when I first opened him.

Let the figure air out, the paint just hasn't completely cured yet. Try not to touch the paint, leave fingerprints or anything like that. In a few days it will finish drying and the paint smell will be alleviated.

I'm finding myself torn between getting Barguest de Plume or after hours stealth grunt :pfft: its down to a matter of character (barguest) vs heaps of details (grunt). I don't know! do you guys have any insights that could help push me along? (apart from buying both that is lol)

I'm finding myself torn between getting Barguest de Plume or after hours stealth grunt :pfft: its down to a matter of character (barguest) vs heaps of details (grunt). I don't know! do you guys have any insights that could help push me along? (apart from buying both that is lol)

I say go for barguest. I had them both and barguest is who i kept. Stealth grunt just looked like a generic solider while barguest ooozes character.

I had both, and I parted with Grunt, but only because I'd already given the person I sold it to their own Barguest. If I had a choice I would have kept Grunt. There's just more to him, and I really liked the hard angles of the helmet and gas mask.

i love the grunts but barquest is pretty dang cool.

grats on the pick up, deak. like ultimate weapon said, my bleak had pretty tacky/sticky gloves and boots as well.

i think roth looks awesome. i like both versions.

I like the Grunts a lot more than any of the dePlumes because of the kit-bash friendly nature of the figure. I also really dig the Swiss style helmet on the Grunts.

On the subject of the tacky tubes on Badbot my Popbot had the same thing but with some time out in the air they're no longer tacky.

really, really like the stuff shown in the new VOX. sniper grunt, new TQ, ankou, and this:

redev2.jpg

Speaking of, woo! Sniper. It's been said that they will come with a gillie suit so I hope that it just wasn't included for the preview. I'm hoping they also come with the mask and helmet the reg Grunt has as I'd like to buy at least two so I have one for kit-bash parts.

bangbang.jpg

Rothchild also looks really awesome. He's simple but I do believe he's only like $80 and comes with the new male ThreeA body. I love that he comes with a model of Bertie.

vox14.jpg

rothy.jpg

funroth.jpg

Back