The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tacky paint can be pretty common and I've heard people mention in on the Popbot/Badbots. Both the boots and gloves on my Bleak were tacky when I first opened him.

Let the figure air out, the paint just hasn't completely cured yet. Try not to touch the paint, leave fingerprints or anything like that. In a few days it will finish drying and the paint smell will be alleviated.

Thanks UW! :duff

Speaking of, woo! Sniper. It's been said that they will come with a gillie suit so I hope that it just wasn't included for the preview. I'm hoping they also come with the mask and helmet the reg Grunt has as I'd like to buy at least two so I have one for kit-bash parts.

bangbang.jpg

The sniper looks interesting, not sure about the Hitler youth.

The Nazi discussion has been had ad nauseum on the ThreeA forums. For some reason armbands=Nazi these days even though they're commonly used by all sorts of organizations military and otherwise, modern and historical.

Thanks UW! :duff

Yah. Im getting too much of a hitler youth vibe from rothchild to really want to buy him. Glad for those who like him, i just dont think i want to display a figure that has that kinda vibe going on. Im not just saying it because the armband. The whole attire, plus headsculpt including the hair have that type of vibe to it. The hair looks like a spitting image of hitler. Plus hes not really visually interesting in comparison with other 3a stuff.

The Nazi discussion has been had ad nauseum on the ThreeA forums. For some reason armbands=Nazi these days even though they're commonly used by all sorts of organizations military and otherwise, modern and historical.

LOL. :lol I thought he was fashioned after Neo in Matrix.

He instantly puts me in mind of 90s NIN I think because of the tall boots and maybe the hair cut a little bit as well.

Yeah like I said I think a big part of the Nazi thing is that in the modern age people tend to see arm bands and instantly equate it with Nazis. I think maybe it's because most people have been heavily exposed to Nazis because of pop culture and arm bands aren't super common outside of that even if they are numerous and diverse.

Oh I don't mean to stir the pot. Hell one of my first 12" figures was from 1998-1999 Hans figure from Dragon. I have no problem with the look or if people like him. I mean I have a Hans Landa figure. It's cool ese.

LOL. :lol I thought he was fashioned after Neo in Matrix.

:lol

Yeah like I said I think a big part of the Nazi thing is that in the modern age people tend to see arm bands and instantly equate it with Nazis. I think maybe it's because most people have been heavily exposed to Nazis because of pop culture and arm bands aren't super common outside of that even if they are numerous and diverse.

Actually I think of Michael Jackson more so than Nazis. Either way it's fine. :duff

Yeah normally I don't care. Nazis are far enough removed by history, especially to people of my generation and younger, they're no more than cartoon villains. It's just that there was so much borderline angry conversation about it on the ThreeA forums it put me on edge.

On the subject of the product though, that little Bertie makes me want WWRs stuff really bad now. Not because I want to get involved in the 1/24 scale, but because I really want to make a WWII style map table for Rothchild with little 1/24 scale bots and people standing on it.

Yeah normally I don't care. Nazis are far enough removed by history, especially to people of my generation and younger, they're no more than cartoon villains. It's just that there was so much borderline angry conversation about it on the ThreeA forums it put me on edge.

On the subject of the product though, that little Bertie makes me want WWRs stuff really bad now. Not because I want to get involved in the 1/24 scale, but because I really want to make a WWII style map table for Rothchild with little 1/24 scale bots and people standing on it.

That would be very cool.

BTW, I am not so familiar with all the printed works of WWR, is it a war between mars and earth? and rothchild is the weapon maker for both parties?

MOST of the WWR story at this point is in the various text that accompanies the toys. The best I understand it is that there's two main factions Mars and Earth.

There's also the Noms are are a small faction that doesn't belong to either side. And yes, Rothchild sells to both sides but also has his own standing army of bots as you might expect. Rothchild's home base is on the Moon. I believe it's hinted at that Rothchild is purposely fueling the war so that he'll come out on top of everything. He's kind of a bond evil genius except that he's actually succeeding.

Dedguy's got it pretty dead on as far as I can tell, Minivader - The war between the Terrans and the Martians also has a religious element too it with the Terrans being very strongly religious and the Martians being atheist.

Then there's N.O.M and M.O.D that are fighting but no one really knows to what end - It's assumed/rumored that the de Plumes are involved in N.O.M (especially since Barguest apparently taught them how to fight before he "fell") but beyond that no one really knows what their deal is.

Roth's base is on the moon, so he's both metaphorically and physically removed from the conflict as a whole and he openly provides weapons to both sides - There's nothing stopping him, though some of the unaligned merc groups like Dirty Deeds have tried to assassinate him in the past (which prompted the invention of the Caesars).

Dedguy's got it pretty dead on as far as I can tell, Minivader - The war between the Terrans and the Martians also has a religious element too it with the Terrans being very strongly religious and the Martians being atheist.

Then there's N.O.M and M.O.D that are fighting but no one really knows to what end - It's assumed/rumored that the de Plumes are involved in N.O.M (especially since Barguest apparently taught them how to fight before he "fell") but beyond that no one really knows what their deal is.

Roth's base is on the moon, so he's both metaphorically and physically removed from the conflict as a whole and he openly provides weapons to both sides - There's nothing stopping him, though some of the unaligned merc groups like Dirty Deeds have tried to assassinate him in the past (which prompted the invention of the Caesars).
:clap:goodpost:

Still a bit unknowing about barguest or grunt, I guess if i got one now, which would be the least difficult to track down in the future? with the least markup? that might be impossible to answer... lol

it's a great story line. i like tomorrow kings and adventure kartel as well but most of my stuff is wwr. that complete wwr hc is definitely worth a read.

:goodpost:

:clap:clap:clap:clap

So you're planning on pick up a Roth ?

Back