The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just recently started looking into 3A, about a month ago - I'm in love with their aesthetic, but I'm not quite sure where to start as far as collecting them. I'm super bummed that I missed the 10 Finger Gang blind boxes ):

RustyP usually 3A pre-orders are sold through bambalandstore.com on a specific date and time and never last longer than 24 hrs...unless its a "resident sale" which is a new thing that 3A is doing where they leave a toy on there for longer than 24 hrs. in fact, I think there's a couple of 1/12 scale mk3 berties up there right now for pre-order. Please keep in mind that you pay at the time of pre-order and then you wait for some months before they start to ship out. But once you get your first taste...man you will be hooked.

Anyway, you can follow news on upcoming releases at the forums threeaonline.com/forum. its a great place to learn and get info directly from Ash himself. Sign up and introduce yourself....people there are real nice and helpful.

Also, once a toy is set to be sold on bambalandstore.com 3A will put up a countdown clock on threeaonlinecom/blog. Also, 3A will periodically post some news there as well.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions you can hit me up on the threea forums under the same handle.

Cheers.

I'm super bummed that I missed the 10 Finger Gang blind boxes ):

You might find that once they have shipped that a few collectors over on the 3a board might be selling one or two if they bought the whole pack.

Shame you did not show up here at the time we were trying to do a group buy.

It was the WWRp bots that brought me to 3A, but after looking at all the lines and seeing past and upcoming releases, the Adventure Kartel look the coolest to me. I ordered the retail Tommy and Shadow from Sideshow, but now I'm on the hunt for JC and Bleak. :panic:

I also have a Blind Oracle zomb coming my way. I just wish the guy would hurry up and ship it.

The AK line also has the benefit of being what I think might be the cheapest 1/6 scale figures around these days. Particularly when you order from Bambaland. They're usually $85 and that includes shipping so they're really more like $70. Factoring in the 3AA discount if you have it they end up being like $60. Even without the discount I don't know of anything else marketed to adults in this scale that is that cheap.

Anyway, you can follow news on upcoming releases at the forums threeaonline.com/forum. its a great place to learn and get info directly from Ash himself. Sign up and introduce yourself....people there are real nice and helpful.

Also, once a toy is set to be sold on bambalandstore.com 3A will put up a countdown clock on threeaonlinecom/blog. Also, 3A will periodically post some news there as well.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions you can hit me up on the threea forums under the same handle.

Cheers.

Don't forget to sign up to get 3A Vox

https://www.threeaonline.com/newsletter_signup.html

WWRp got me into ThreeA, too. Now I'm all about Adventure Kartel and the 1/6 WWR. I'm clearing out the last of my 1/12 Brambles and Berties so I can get caught up with 1/6 bots. :)

unique looks, affordable prices are all good. To me, the coolest things about 3A stuff is that collectors generally will take them outta the box and actually play with it. They are just much more fun than other 1/6 offerings.

It was the WWRp bots that brought me to 3A, but after looking at all the lines and seeing past and upcoming releases, the Adventure Kartel look the coolest to me. I ordered the retail Tommy and Shadow from Sideshow, but now I'm on the hunt for JC and Bleak. :panic:

I also have a Blind Oracle zomb coming my way. I just wish the guy would hurry up and ship it.

Yeah, I would love a JC too, one day. I originally ordered the Badbot & Popbot through my local shop but they never received their shipment. I've always dug Wood's work from Metal Gear and I love robots. So it was only a matter of time that I would pick one of these up. Also listening to WTF@TFW2005's podcast made me want to pick up a WWRp, and I was also looking for Christmas ideas for a friend of mine. Now I am waiting for Viking Playground to ship my order (from 10/17 :impatient:) and I'll be set.

unique looks, affordable prices are all good. To me, the coolest things about 3A stuff is that collectors generally will take them outta the box and actually play with it. They are just much more fun than other 1/6 offerings.

Yeah, no diiickish type of stuff in this thread compared to some Hot Toys shenanigans I see in other threads. And yes I'd say 3A stuff is quite affordable.

There was a bit of "everything they make looks the same" complaining a few pages back. My take on that is that that's true but no more so than Hot Toys or anyone else. It just happens that ThreeA works in a different non-realistic style. It's like people complaining that all of Tim Burton's movies look the same.

The AK line also has the benefit of being what I think might be the cheapest 1/6 scale figures around these days. Particularly when you order from Bambaland.

You know I just realized you are right...Hmm...Well the packaging is pretty minimal (which is good) and you don't get a ton of accessories (which I hate storing), but the strength of the basic figures is good. Heck even the super tricked out WWR figures like Grunt are only around $120 shipped. Considering that the admittedly excellent Sideshow Clones re running $125 these days, 3A looks even better.

The only down side is the ordering system. Now I don't mind the showing up at Bambaland on the day of a release, but the paying for a figure up front is kind of a pain. I know they make their orders from the manufacturer based on the number of figures they sell in that 24hr period, but Paypal months before the product ships (and in some cases a full year) is not a great way to do business. Yes it is convenient, but the simple fact that I have paid for something and it gets to me months after the 30 day charge-back period on my VISA is REALLY sketchy. Especially since they don't do refunds or cancellations...What if the product doesn't meet expectations and I decide I don't want it? What if I just spent $250.00US on a robot toy and my car breaks down and I need the cash? Hey we have all been there. Pre-order something and then you realize that, "Hey I don't need this because of _________."

Hey don't get me wrong. I love their stuff and their customer service (the one time I had a problem they went out of their way to fix it). I don't even really mind their ordering system, or should I say that I understand it and choose to spend my money with them anyway. I can see, however, where someone might be nervous. I can think of MANY much larger online retailers/manufacturers that I would never give my money to in a similar fashion. With me, however, I trust 3A. They haven't given me a reason not to...And it will be interesting to see if the level of detail in both their product and their customer service remains consistent as they grow larger...

There was a bit of "everything they make looks the same" complaining a few pages back. My take on that is that that's true but no more so than Hot Toys or anyone else. It just happens that ThreeA works in a different non-realistic style. It's like people complaining that all of Tim Burton's movies look the same.

Oh, I guess I missed that conversation. But I'd say that criticism is bunk, hell if anything I'd say it's hard to be consistent style wise. As a matter of fact, I'd say the surrealism and style of the figures themselves is the biggest appeal. There is nothing on the market like it, unique in its own way. I mean how many doll companies are there, a ____ ton. And lastly I think the weathering is top notch. My WWRp Gerry looks like he's really rusted. Even my wife thought he was a steal at the price I got him for based on how detailed his paint job was.

You know I just realized you are right...Hmm...Well the packaging is pretty minimal (which is good) and you don't get a ton of accessories (which I hate storing), but the strength of the basic figures is good. Heck even the super tricked out WWR figures like Grunt are only around $120 shipped. Considering that the admittedly excellent Sideshow Clones re running $125 these days, 3A looks even better.

More like $135
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2185&ref=search&&2185

and Boba Fett is $175
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2128&ref=preview_page

The only down side is the ordering system. Now I don't mind the showing up at Bambaland on the day of a release, but the paying for a figure up front is kind of a pain.

I don't disagree, but the paying up front problem is Paypal not them and they use Paypal because they want to make stuff available to anyone in any country and don't have the size to be able to offer credit card transactions for every country. Credit card services can be really expensive, particularly for smaller companies. I know a lot of small local companies where I live who can't afford to accept credit cards and they're not dealing internationally.

So I understand why they have to do it the way they do, but I do also totally agree that it sucks. At least when you first buy stuff it sucks. When whatever it is finally ships it's been so long since you paid for it it feels like you're getting it for free :)

I've been told you can do deferred payments through Paypal but haven't tried it myself and anyway that's not really the same thing as a "charge when it ships" pre-order.

Especially since they don't do refunds or cancellations...What if the product doesn't meet expectations and I decide I don't want it? What if I just spent $250.00US on a robot toy and my car breaks down and I need the cash? Hey we have all been there. Pre-order something and then you realize that, "Hey I don't need this because of _________."

3A does do cancellation and refund. If I remember correctly (haven't canceled anything for a lone long time.) If the product has not shipped 3 months after you placed the order, you have the option to contact them and cancel the order and get a full refund. I canceled my 3 pack order of wwrp large martin (2) and bramble (1) last year when I decided to stick with 1/6 and not the 1/12. Fairly painless and easy. I don't know if 3A has changed their policy or not since then but I rarely ever find myself want to cancel any order with them.

3A does do cancellation and refund. If I remember correctly (haven't canceled anything for a lone long time.) If the product has not shipped 3 months after you placed the order, you have the option to contact them and cancel the order and get a full refund. I canceled my 3 pack order of wwrp large martin (2) and bramble (1) last year when I decided to stick with 1/6 and not the 1/12. Fairly painless and easy. I don't know if 3A has changed their policy or not since then but I rarely ever find myself want to cancel any order with them.

They will make some exceptions here and there. They were able to cancel something for me as well, but a good rule of thumb is not to count on it.

My ONLY complaint with threea is just due to the fact i travel a good bit and would like to travel more, its hard to judge when something is going on sale and try and be on a computer when it does. I wish sale dates were announced way far into the future with some concrete dates. I know it happens some, it just doesnt really seem to happen much with portable drops. Excluding ap zombs and the de plume packs earlier this year. All that being said thats why you make friends in this hobby so that you are able to help each other out. When someone needs me to order something for them i gladly do it because that is what the community of collecting needs to be about. Going along with that i also try to sell what ever i buy close to retail unless i paid aftermarket for it or if i really, really need the cash. I have meet some awesome 3a collectors that have helped me out big time and i would like to do the same. Collecting threea can be a fun hobby if you get to know the people collecting around you. Just my two cents. :1-1:

RustyP usually 3A pre-orders are sold through bambalandstore.com on a specific date and time and never last longer than 24 hrs...unless its a "resident sale" which is a new thing that 3A is doing where they leave a toy on there for longer than 24 hrs. in fact, I think there's a couple of 1/12 scale mk3 berties up there right now for pre-order. Please keep in mind that you pay at the time of pre-order and then you wait for some months before they start to ship out. But once you get your first taste...man you will be hooked.

Cheers.

Oh awesome! Thanks so much - I just went over to the ThreeA forums to sign up, now I'm waiting on my confirmation email.

I can't wait until I can actually participate in a drop! :D And I most definitely don't mind waiting - I actually prefer the pay-in-full-and-wait model for pre-orders. I've gotten myself in trouble once or twice ordering something with just a deposit that hits my account 6 months later when I'm not expecting it and causes me to over draw. No fun at all.

Thanks for your help!

You might find that once they have shipped that a few collectors over on the 3a board might be selling one or two if they bought the whole pack.

Shame you did not show up here at the time we were trying to do a group buy.

Augh! I know! I'm so sad, if only I had been a couple weeks earlier getting on the ball - Hopefully I will find one second hand. I just love their designs so much.

Hi guys, i'm new to 3A but after getting This Baka figure i'm hooked lol.
here's a few pics from my little blog:panic::panic:

cross2.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

wide+slash2.jpg

^^ Stop posting awesome pictures of human characters. They're actually starting to interest me more than the bots. :panic:

Great pictures, though! :rock

^^ Stop posting awesome pictures of human characters. They're actually starting to interest me more than the bots. :panic:

Great pictures, though! :rock

By the way you will soon realize that they human figures are way more appealing than the bots. The portable bots are what hooks everyone in, but the human figures are what everyone begins to collect over time. The cool thing about the human figures is that they hold their value and actually increase in value over time. Also the human figures are only slightly more expensive than the portable bots making them a steal in my opinion. The bots, especially the larger ones tend to loose value unless they are a limited release or something that was made a couple of years ago or longer.

Also for anyone wanting to get into human figures, especially tomorrow kings, i have a sealed wasabi that i need to sell.

Also, Also Lord Piper is an outstanding boardie and a great resource. He has helped me out a good deal since i have started.

Back