The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a tricky one, you should be entitled to either the refund or to get a replacement for free.

Yup, broken English is a constant with most sellers, since they're from HK or China.

Yup, was that an order direct from Bambaland or from a reseller?

Tbh, I have never bought anything from Bambaland direct.. too complicated, frankly some of their promotional emails are so obscure, that while they may make sense to experienced club members, I frequently bin them as incomprehensible.. I don't like paying an overseas company up front, to fund production ten months later, in the current economic climate either.. so I buy almost exclusively from the after market.. which helps out peeps, who have to meet the terms of the various club membership schemes.. and most of those 'terms' appear to be what are called in corporate terms, 'channel stuffing'....

Edit - Ok, not Bambaland.

Yup, was that an order direct from Bambaland or from a reseller?

Tbh, I have never bought anything from Bambaland direct.. too complicated, frankly some of their promotional emails are so obscure, that while they may make sense to experienced club members, I frequently bin them as incomprehensible.. I don't like paying an overseas company up front, to fund production ten months later, in the current economic climate either.. so I buy almost exclusively from the after market.. which helps out peeps, who have to meet the terms of the various club membership schemes.. and most of those 'terms' appear to be what are called in corporate terms, 'channel stuffing'....

Edit - Ok, not Bambaland.

Well, 3A never disappoints, worst thing that can happen is that they delay the production, if that's the case they offer a refund if you don't want to wait, I've purchased most of my 3As from Bamba and it's a different feeling :lol the price alone justifies the purchase from Bamba

The bad or good thing about 3A is that they never rerelease anything, so the after market has been my salvation many times too.

Not sure if that's a good deal, but I really wanted it.

It was a good deal, considering that it's really hard to find and the eBay prices are sky high, man it really sucks that you can't get a replacement.

Not sure if that's a good deal, but I really wanted it.

Its quite possible it was a genuine supplier error, however your problem will come if they require you to return the incorrectly shipped goods to receive the refund, since that will be expensive.. you may find it makes more sense to trade your figure with someone who wants it and has a Gravedigger.. might as well contact the 'website master' as requested and find out what they are proposing anyway.. and check on the forum, if anyone can vouch for that particular company as a supplier.

Thanks for the suggestions and letting me vent a little. It's much appreciated.

I think I'm just bummed that my FIRST 3A robot and one that I was really excited about looks like it's going down the crapper. They did send me a NIB JEA Heavy Bramble which is cool, just not what I was hoping for.

I wonder if there is someone out there with a Gravedigger who might be interested in a trade. Are the Heavy Brambles all valued the same?

Well, 3A never disappoints, worst thing that can happen is that they delay the production, if that's the case they offer a refund if you don't want to wait, I've purchased most of my 3As from Bamba and it's a different feeling :lol the price alone justifies the purchase from Bamba

The bad or good thing about 3A is that they never rerelease anything, so the after market has been my salvation many times too.

Hmmm. I take your point, however without a club membership and adding shipping and taxes for the UK, I'm not certain that reason for buying direct from Bambaland would be as compelling, in my case.

The paying up front issue (not to mention, is it a $150 annual membership fee?) was more a concern over a company in another country going out of business, rather than changing my mind about a pre-order.. generally I have a rule that if there is no fluent English sales 'front end' then I don't do business, its just less grief.. I had enough problems with Hollywood Collectibles Gallery, who speak perfect English, to re-enforce extreme caution over procedures for doing business overseas.

I think I'm just bummed that my FIRST 3A robot and one that I was really excited about looks like it's going down the crapper. They did send me a NIB JEA Heavy Bramble which is cool, just not what I was hoping for.

I wonder if there is someone out there with a Gravedigger who might be interested in a trade. Are the Heavy Brambles all valued the same?

I believe the retail value is the same, it just comes down to personal taste on the design.. for example I liked the Cydonia variant, simply because it had "BANG!" written on the side of the rocket launcher...
:lol

Last edited:
Need to get a better backdrop put up and work on the lighting, but here's my squad in action! So happy with everything. I have my first WWRp bot coming Monday so I can check the size and see if I want to incorporate some of those so I can get some of the harder to find colorways, but I'm so impressed with these in 1/6.

Everything in this photo ran me just under $700 shipped. Did I do ok?

Need to get a better backdrop put up and work on the lighting, but here's my squad in action! So happy with everything. I have my first WWRp bot coming Monday so I can check the size and see if I want to incorporate some of those so I can get some of the harder to find colorways, but I'm so impressed with these in 1/6.

Everything in this photo ran me just under $700 shipped. Did I do ok?

Sounds excellent.. but the Flicker link doesn't appear to be showing / working :(

Edit - OK its working now!.. excellent group of figures! :)

Last edited:
Hmmm. I take your point, however without a club membership and adding shipping and taxes for the UK, I'm not certain that reason for buying direct from Bambaland would be as compelling, in my case.

The paying up front issue (not to mention, is it a $150 annual membership fee?) was more a concern over a company in another country going out of business, rather than changing my mind about a pre-order.. generally I have a rule that if there is no fluent English sales 'front end' then I don't do business, its just less grief.. I had enough problems with Hollywood Collectibles Gallery, who speak perfect English, to re-enforce extreme caution over procedures for doing business overseas.

You've got it all wrong. Maybe you should read some of those emails.

You don't need the 3AA membership to order from bamba. The membership just gives you access to the exclusives and the discount. Plus, shipping is included in the price of almost all the items offered.

Mhmm not really, depending on how rare the colorway is, the price in the after market may vary, for example, when I got into 3A, I was looking for a Skullface Bertie, I didn't take long to realize that anyone who owned of those would sell it or trade it over their dead bodies :lol

But a Gravedigger wouldn't be too rare I guess, my advice is to get the refund if it doesn't imply spending more money to send the figure back, and search for the sales threads in here or in the kidrobot forums, since it's easier to deal with money on hand than with trading, imo.

It may require some time and patience though.

I found one, used, on eBay, it's $340, I don't know if you're interested, it may ease the pain :lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ThreeA-3A-...4992?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item4d16baaed0

Oh, but you don't need the 3AA membership to order from bamba, 3AA only gives you some exclusives and discounts, but anyone can buy from bamba.

I live in Mexico, and taxes and shipping prices are crazy high for me since the "Free Trade Treaties" for Mexico are crap :lol yet, it's still the cheapest option for me.

You've got it all wrong. Maybe you should read some of those emails.

You don't need the 3AA membership to order from bamba. The membership just gives you access to the exclusives and the discount. Plus, shipping is included in the price of almost all the items offered.

Like I said, I found a lot of the emails pretty much incomprehensible (no matter how many times I read them).. except for the fact Bambaland appeared to want me to pay a large annual membership fee.. commit in advance to buy a considerable number of future production figures unseen.. yet still expected me to accept the 'urban vinyl' model of unexpected, short notice Pre-Order drops that 'sold out' in minutes and pay up front for those figures, although they would not actually ship for a very long time.
There also appeared to be a fair amount of mayhem after really popular drops and also figure shipping.. with apology emails for Server crashes, requests to double check orders had gone through, etc.. I know that is not unique to Bambaland.. as I mentioned, I'm familiar with 'urban vinyl' exclusives.. its just more hassle than I want in my life.. particularly if there is a language barrier.

So, for the number of figures I'm actually interested in (just robots and not all of the designs of those offered) ordering direct didn't have much financial appeal, in my particular case.. especially since the non exclusive figures can be purchased through dealers.. other customers' mileage may vary.

with or without the membership if you can afford the figure at time of drop then it works out alot cheaper…..

As for the gravedigger I sold mine for £100, the HB's are one of the few bots that I would say haven't held their value

Hope it works out for you mate. I would definitely push for a full refund and return it if you can. The Heavy Brambles seem to be an easy pickup for much less than retail.

Back