The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Ono, Kyoku, and KDA. I have Oroshi and Nage on PO, as well as a couple single TKYOs on order from private sellers.

I'm more of an AK collector, but I've been warming up to the TKs lately...

I'm always excited about getting some new TKs.. though looking at my shelf.. I have zero clue as to where I'll be able to fit them. So far, TK Klub offerings have been pretty great and I can't wait to see what's coming next.

Still, of everything I have on preorder.. I'm most excited for my two Shoguns and my EMGY Dropcloth 1.5 to show up.

Really looking forward to getting these two!

3A_x_Valve_Portal2_AtlasPBody_zps7f814dac.jpg~original

Really can't wait for these guys either... the video I saw on youtube with the way the eyes/sensors turn on was amazing. VERY different from anything else I've seen toy/statue/collectible wise.

I ended up getting Nage. The new weapons and their depiction in some of the F5 bar art swayed my decision, which never happened before. Pretty excited for this one now.

If I hadn't made the decision to stick with TK's only, I'd be pretty interested in the Portal figures. The light up gimmick looks great !

Damn those things are pretty. Not something I'm likely going to buy but they are very nice looking.

That eye lighting gimmick is phenomenal. But realistically you won't have it turned on 24x7 in your display case. So basically you'll mostly see black holes where the eyes should be. I think they should have engineered a way to use ambient lighting to illuminate the eye. That way when your display lights are on, the eye is on. I am torn between getting them and not just for this reason. They do look beautiful.

That looks decent enough to me. I am glad I was wrong in my hasty assumptions. These will be mine after all!

:clapThanks Hologram AI!:clap

Last edited:
Those Portal figures do look great, especially Atlas. Not on my shopping list tho - the 3A money will be going on Dead Astronaut Gangsta and maybe the Marvel collab Iron Man - but nice all the same.

Off topic of the Portal stuff for a sec, any recommends for a good places to pick up replacement heads etc for the 1/6 stuff? Thinking of swapping out the head on the original Little Shadow for one of the bobbed hair versions.. obviously a few turn up on eBay but at less than pleasant prices.

Got my Commander Carter Halo figure today. I'm at work but I opened him up briefly and am very impressed by the details. The articulation is decent, especially considering the rubber undersuit. I am a little disappointed in the limited range of motion for the hip joints though - I hope they fix this on future releases.

Still, overall I am very happy with my purchase!

Back